• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Santiago de Compostela to Sarria

Muireann

Time of past OR future Camino
I’m planning to do the Camino, 30/8/2024
Hello all. I’ve just joined the group. I am travelling from Dublin and arriving in Santiago de Compostela at 16.50, 30/8/24. I want to go to Sarria to start my journey! Is there anyone willing to share a taxi! Or what advice could you give for public transport? I’m going solo.

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Back is blank for engraving.
Least hassle given your landing time would be to find some accommodation close to the intermodal (bus) station in Santiago and catch the direct bus to Sarria the following day. You may find others on your flight or milling about the airport who would be willing to share a taxi but no guarantee.
There buses to Lugo from the airport at 17:15, 18:45 and 20:15. You may be able to pick up a connection to Sarria or a less expensive taxi from there.

Least hassle given your landing time would be to find some accommodation close to the intermodal (bus) station in Santiago and catch the direct bus to Sarria the following day. You may find others on your flight or milling about the airport who would be willing to share a taxi but no guarantee.
There buses to Lugo from the airport at 17:15, 18:45 and 20:15. You may be able to pick up a connection to Sarria or a less expensive taxi from there.
Yes there is a bus, I think at circa 7:30pm that goes from Lugo to Sarria, so if you took the bus to Lugo you could make that connection. I think it is Empresa bus from Lugo,but check on Rome2Rio.com

However, I agree with Tincatinker! Why not get an albergue in SdC for the evening and take the bus directly the next day. Give your body a chance to recover before you start walking.

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
Hello all. I’ve just joined the group. I am travelling from Dublin and arriving in Santiago de Compostela at 16.50, 30/8/24. I want to go to Sarria to start my journey! Is there anyone willing to share a taxi! Or what advice could you give for public transport? I’m going solo.
Hi Muirann, I'm arriving a bit after you, at 17.40 , also going to Sarria. Already reserved a taxi (18.15) and willing to share, if you're willing to wait :)

Hi Muirann, I'm arriving a bit after you, at 17.40 , also going to Sarria. Already reserved a taxi (18.15) and willing to share, if you're willing to wait :)
Hi Patrick, I’m happy to share a taxi with you! How much does it cost? Muireánn

Ah Muireánn, sorry I read you’re date wrong, thought it was 30/7, when I also arrived. Unfortunately I’m already walking now. Loving it BTW. I took Taxi Galicia, can recommend it and you can share a taxibus with more people also. Buen Camino !

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Ah Muireánn, sorry I read you’re date wrong, thought it was 30/7, when I also arrived. Unfortunately I’m already walking now. Loving it BTW. I took Taxi Galicia, can recommend it and you can share a taxibus with more people also. Buen Camino !
No worries Patrick! I hope all is going well for you! Bueno Camino!
Will you give me an idea of how much the taxi cost?

thanks Patrick!
I’m looking for people to share a taxi with me. I arrive in Santiago de Compestela on Friday 30th August @17.40. I want to go to Sarria and start my journey back to Santiago de Compestela the next morning.
Bueno Camino
Muireánn

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all, I'm currently on the Ingles, in Neda, & thought I would post with the state of play. 1stly , if your flying into A Coruna, & starting at Ferrol, it's an easy transfer. I got a bus from the...
So I was able to book our train from Santiago back to Madria this morning through Renfe! (Yay!) My question is once I finished and printed out the tickets I noticed that on one of the tickets it...
I’m trying to find the easiest way to get to Bayonne via train from Charles de Gaul airport. I arrive in Paris at 7:30 AM. October 21. Need to be at SJDP by evening. Would you recommend I get...
Hi, for several years I have posted about buying two tickets on renfe and then canceling the one ticket I did not need in time to get a refund (used to be an hour before departure). This was all...
My husband and I will begin our first Camino in three weeks. To accommodate the time we have available, we would like to start in Rates. We are thinking we could take the train from Porto to Povoa...
Hello! After finishing the camino by bicycle and riding to Finisterre, is it possible to return by bus (with my bike)? Thank you!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back