Search 69,459 Camino Questions

only pilgrims.com...issues

Americanperegrino

Time of past OR future Camino
Oct 2012
May 2016
I'm trying to book a bed using this site. I'm not sure if its having tech issues, or? It will not allow me to click on a date and book a nite. Anyone have any ideas?

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
I finally got it to work!! It appears to me to be a VERY VERY basic system which overloads easily. I simply kept entering my date until it loaded.

Some Albergues REQUIRE this system to book. I never book an Albergue, instead relying on the Way to Find A Way. However, in this case I needed to..nuf said.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Some Albergues REQUIRE this system to book
Really? Are you sure about that? Un-bookable Albergues remain un-bookable. Bookable Albergues tend to have a booking process even if it's as crude as a phone call. I cannot find any Albergue that requires me to use a particular secondary site. Some might post spaces on Berking.con and its ilk but I've ever encountered one that required me to use that global behemoth or its imitators.

I would be grateful if you could direct me to an Albergue that requires I use onlypilgrims to make a reservation.

Here ya go! I was referred via the Hostal itself....Times they are a changing

Hostel: Tio Pepe

Address: C. Teso de la Iglesia, 6, 24392 Villar de Mazarife, Leon, Spain

Albergue / Meson Tio Pepe seem to have their own website with a booking facility. I see no direction to any other website. I would give them a call to confirm any reservation I think. Did you note the level of activity on the onlypilgrim Farcebook page? A bit quiet for a current player I thought.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Albergue / Meson Tio Pepe seem to have their own website with a booking facility.
On their website, when you click on the link for “Reservar”, it takes you to onlypilgrims.com. And they do say: “Solo admitimos reservas a través del siguiente enlace”. Anyway, the problem is solved, the booking is made.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I finally got it to work!! It appears to me to be a VERY VERY basic system which overloads easily. I simply kept entering my date until it loaded.

Some Albergues REQUIRE this system to book. I never book an Albergue, instead relying on the Way to Find A Way. However, in this case I needed to..nuf said.

Hi, just wanted to say I used this site to book beds this year in O’Cebreiro, had no issue at all with it then. I unfortunately couldn’t stay as had to end my journey early and thought the cash would be lost but I sent them a message and was told I’d get full refund, which I did a few days later. I had never heard anyone else referring to this site but just came across it on my search. I live in Australia so booking online for me is far easier than ‘giving them a call’ as some people suggest. Glad you got it to work.

@lucygray thanks for the info. Sounds a very positive detail.

Just a tiny point.
I live in Australia so booking online for me is far easier than ‘giving them a call’ as some people suggest. Glad you got it to work.

When I was young even to phone another part of the UK was considered a major undertaking, and to call say Ireland, was rather like contacting Jupiter. I remember you had to book your call with the operator about an hour before and then get connected manually.

In Europe now, and particularly I would say in Spain and Italy the number of people in business who do NOT use Whatsapp is very small indeed. I am not sure how popular it is in Australia? I know that popularity does vary between territories. But I think it has become the default way to reach albergues/ostellos now - far more reliable generally than email (while for example in UK I would say email still usually effective). So in fact "giving them a call" is not as difficult as it used to be and certainly not as costly. And of course often easier to use Whatsapp in text mode, so you can use Google translate if you wish.

It allows you to make a personal contact, rather than use one of the large sites, and it is often a few euros cheaper. Someone posted the 'black swan' counter example to this when I made this remark some years ago. But I have used direct contact increasingly. Many places will still take your booking and allow you to just pay when you arrive rather like the 'olden times.' There is then a viable alternative to the online bookers and it doesn't take a huge amount of effort really.

I know some people are uncomfortable with Whatsapp, as part of the Meta stable, but it certainly is effective.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
It [WhatsApp] allows you to make a personal contact, rather than use one of the large sites, and it is often a few euros cheaper.
Figure that a WhatsApp audio call will use 1 MB of data per minute. This is conservative; I've seen other estimates of half this or less. 1 MB on my plan would cost me one cent US.

In Europe now, and particularly I would say in Spain and Italy the number of people in business who do NOT use Whatsapp is very small indeed.
My recent experience in Norway was that WhatsApp is not widely used. I cannot recall any herberge or other place that I needed to contact having WhatsApp. Much the same in the UK. It made quite a change from Spain and Portugal where one could almost rely on being able to use WhatsApp.

. I live in Australia so booking online for me is far easier than ‘giving them a call’ as some people suggest
I use the Viber app to make very cheap phone calls to landlines and other numbers that don't use WhatsApp. $5 worth of Viber credits last me several Caminos, and I also can use it to call Europe. The calls are about 2¢ a minute. Getting the time zone right is the biggest hurdle.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

In early October, I plan to do the route from Sant Jean Pied de Port to Roncesvalles, leaving SJPP in the afternoon, around 2:30 p.m. I walk frequently and quickly, averaging 6 km/h. I would like...
So, I’m beginning my fifth week on the Camino. It certainly has been a journey filled with surprises. The novelty and excitement have worn off. But after a rest day in León, I’ve recovered enough...
Apparently the annual "it's too crowded" rending of garments got cancelled.
Hey All, I arrive hopefully tomorrow to SJPDP. I have no accommodation booked for the first few days. Are places available ? What are the best app to book or is it possible to arrive and ask at...
Hello, My question is: For those of you who do a little bit of planning, do you use some sort of list of all towns and distances to have a general idea what towns you will pass through? (More...
Hello everyone, I have booked my flights and train and will be arriving in Bayonne at 5:21pm on Mon October 21st. I have a few questions about the logistics of the first few days of the route...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back