Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lodging in Hornillos de Camino?

Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2022, 2023
Good Afternoon! Leaving in a couple weeks to walk our second leg of the Camino Frances. Starting in Burgos where we left off 2 years ago. Made reservations at Casa De Abuelo in Hornillos de Camino back in March and emailed a couple of weeks ago to confirm our reservation. Can't elicit a response after a few emails and What's App messages. Can anyone confirm for me if they are open? Thanks in advance. :)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Good Afternoon! Leaving in a couple weeks to walk our second leg of the Camino Frances. Starting in Burgos where we left off 2 years ago. Made reservations at Casa De Abuelo in Hornillos de Camino back in March and emailed a couple of weeks ago to confirm our reservation. Can't elicit a response after a few emails and What's App messages. Can anyone confirm for me if they are open? Thanks in advance. :)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
There are other places to stay in Hornillos. Meeting Point is just across the street and offers the same lodging options. Abuelo has a small family run cafe, but there are alternative places to eat in town.

If reservations are already made and paid for... short of keeping trying to make contact by all means possible, there is not much I can offer
Else as @naplesdon said there are other places to stay. I stayed at El Alfar de Hornilos and liked it a lot
Good luck and Buen Camino

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
If reservations are already made and paid for... short of keeping trying to make contact by all means possible, there is not much I can offer
Else as @naplesdon said there are other places to stay. I stayed at El Alfar de Hornilos and liked it a lot
Good luck and Buen Camino
I have stayed at all 3 and they are all much better than the basement of the municipal where I have also spent a night.

I had to check my calendar from 3 years ago because it sounded familiar. LOL Yep, 3 years ago today I stayed at La Casa de Abuelo. Had a great meal with the most massive slice of cantaloupe buried under a mound of jamon. The owner's mother clearly had Alzheimer's and followed me around, and patted my arm, while chatting to me. The owner and their son kept apologizing for her. I held her hand and told the owners it was okay. She reminded me of my mother who had died a few years prior from Alzheimer's.

Anyway, I hope they are still open. Pet Ringo and scratch his ears.
*wake up early if you can, the stars were amazing at 6am.

Attachments

• 241989681_10157920439597117_1813019215447229039_n.jpg
    241989681_10157920439597117_1813019215447229039_n.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 241967437_10157920486882117_8924585607059138527_n.jpg
    241967437_10157920486882117_8924585607059138527_n.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 14
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Very strange. I have stayed there twice and they are wonderful hosts.
Did you email/message in Spanish?
Maria doesn't speak much English I think, Belene her sister, a bit.
(if it's still the same family running it - maybe not from the post above)

From your post It's not 100% clear if you made a resevation that was confirmed at the time of booking and you are just seeking confirmation, or you have received no communication whatsoever.

If you have had no respose at all maybe try somewhere else?

I had to check my calendar from 3 years ago because it sounded familiar. LOL Yep, 3 years ago today I stayed at La Casa de Abuelo. Had a great meal with the most massive slice of cantaloupe buried under a mound of jamon. The owner's mother clearly had Alzheimer's and followed me around, and patted my arm, while chatting to me. The owner and their son kept apologizing for her. I held her hand and told the owners it was okay. She reminded me of my mother who had died a few years prior from Alzheimer's.

Anyway, I hope they are still open. Pet Ringo and scratch his ears.
*wake up early if you can, the stars were amazing at 6am.
What a lovely story! ☺️ I will keep my eye open for Ringo and look forward to looking at the beautiful stars.

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.

Most read last week in this forum

Apparently the annual "it's too crowded" rending of garments got cancelled.
I hope this is the final stretch! What a day! I’m bone tired and had trouble staying awake writing this, so I hope I’m writing clearly… La Faba to Triacastela, 17.1 miles,27.5 Km. Last night...
Hello, My question is: For those of you who do a little bit of planning, do you use some sort of list of all towns and distances to have a general idea what towns you will pass through? (More...
Anyone struggling to find a place in Los arcos 6 km beyond is albergue sansol oasis.I can highly recommend excellent host and food
Hi, We walked the Camino de Santiago for the first time in May & June this year, and absolutely loved it. We plan on walking the first week again in October (with a view to going back later next...
Hello! I want to do the entire route on late october and november. My only concern is whether there are too few people. I certainly want to be with myself (I'm a loner) but also want to meet...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back