Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Casa da Vila in Piñeiro?

trecile

Staff member
Time of past OR future Camino
Francés, Norte, Salvador, Primitivo, Portuguese
I've called and booked this for my stage from A Pobra do Brollón, and was wondering if anyone has stayed there.

I saw this post from @Mrs. Bloem who was planning to stay there in April.
I just planned my stages for my walk in April and booked Casa rural Da Villa in Piñiero, my stage starts at A Proba do Brollón that day. The Casa is also mentioned on Gronze
I was wondering how it was. Is it easy or hard to find?
I had wanted to book Torre Vilarino, but they are full for my date.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I’ve never been there, but gronze says it is on the Lu-P-4112. If you look at this wikiloc track, you can see that the 4112 crosses the Invierno right where the big water fountain is in Piñeiro. Benches and a big trough. Maybe ask them which way to go on 4112 when you are at the fountain.

Attachments

• IMG_1850.png
    IMG_1850.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 11
A selection of Camino Jewellery
I stayed there last fall when I walked the Invierno. When I made the reservation they told me to call when I reached a certain location (can't remember the details) and they would give me final directions. When I reached that point and took out my phone to call, I was not able to get a phone signal, probably due to the remote location. As luck would have it a car pulled up to a nearby stop sign. In desperation I flagged down the driver to ask if he would call for me. This person not only spoke English but also was friends with the owners of the Casa Rural.He very kindly offered to drive me there. I remember thinking that it seemed to be a lot farther away than I anticipated and was seriously grateful for his help. Not to dissuade you from staying there. It's a lovely place.

I've called and booked this for my stage from A Pobra do Brollón, and was wondering if anyone has stayed there.

I stayed there last month and it was the highlight of walk from Madrid to SdC.
Was not at all hard to find but you will probably have to call when you get there.
The owner has a winery and it was great

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
@trecile can you also let us know what you thought of Piñeiro once you stay there, so we can decide to stay there ourselves or try to book / push on for Vilariño? Reports above sound promising!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Yes I stayed there this April and it was verry good. The owner owns the winery at Belasar where you walk the next day. Highly recommended.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

i know you are enjoying the Albergue in A Pobra do Brollon
Would recommend an early start so that you can have lunch at Casa de Vila.
Almost everything he serves comes from his farm and the wine is great

My stay at Casa da Vila was nice. The room and ensuite bathroom were large and comfortable. I used Google Maps for directions and it was easy to find. I sent a WhatsApp message when I left Monforte de Lemos with my ETA, which was between 13:30 and 14:00. I was not offered lunch, but was asked when I'd like to have dinner.

There was a small group also staying at the Casa - seemed like a family group with some kids. Being a pilgrim I had requested dinner earlier than the others - at 7:30 pm. The cook made me vegetable soup, tortilla, salad, and chorizo with bread, wine from the owner's vineyard, and dessert. @jungleboy - if you and Wendy stay there you'll want to ask if they have vegan options.

It was a good place to stay because it split the distance between A Pobra do Brollón and Chantada more evenly than other options. Tonight I'm in the excellent Albergue Dpaso in Chantada.

Learn proper bathroom protocol on the Camino and share this info with other pilgrims.
My stay at Casa da Vila was nice.
Thanks for the report!

It was a good place to stay because it split the distance between A Pobra do Brollón and Chantada more evenly than other options.
That’s why I was interested in it in the first place. It’s the day after tomorrow for us and we’ll probably go for it!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi people Someone sent me an sms about a pilgrim got robbed at Ponferada? Does anyone have a thread to this? And was that on the Invierno? Im on camino, lady and was planning this way? Gracias...
I stopped by the Punto de Información al Peregrino in Lalín today and got this really cool wax sello with a hórreo charm. (the charms vary, sometimes it's a concha)...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.