Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hotel Burguete

AR1965

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances, Summer 2024
I stayed at Hotel Burguete on this past Monday night. It was an absolutely horrible experience right from the start.

It had been a grueling day walking from Orisson, and I was so exhausted that I could not walk another step by the time I came through the door. There was an empty lobby, and empty courtyard, and the attached bar/cafe was also empty. I was wandering around calling “Hola”….and nothing. Finally a little disgruntled looking woman appears, and I said “Buenos Dias. Tengo reservacion”. She asked me my name, I told her, and without even looking anything up, she shook her head and said “No. Completo”. Full. I searched my phone and found the email chain from 3 months prior and tried showing it to her. She kept saying “No”. And “No estado confirmado”. After about 10 minutes of this, I finally got her to look at my phone where I had proof that it was indeed “confirmado”. She then sighed, literally stomped away and came back with my key. Hmmm. I thought they were “completo”. Lying and being uncooperative are not ways to get on my good side.

Then, when I asked her for information on dinner, I thought she said that they served until 8. My Spanish isn’t terrific, but I try to use it out of courtesy. Her English was non existent, and when I requested to have her please write down what she was saying, she refused and scowled at me. So, when I showed up for dinner at 7:00, she scolded me. At dinner she exhibited further rude service toward me, even to the point where the peregrinos at the next table noticed it and commented on it.

For the record, I am an exemplary guest…clean, quiet, appreciative. Her behavior was 100% uncalled for, and I plan to leave a scathing review on booking.com.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I'm sorry, @AR1965 - that sounds really rough.

People do all sorts of things, and we get to see the whole range on the camino. Being a pilgrim doesn't mean we only get the nice trereatment. If only...

So this lady wow...
Maybe she's habitually nasty. Maybe she just had an awful day and you were a target as a result. Whatever it is, that's her stuff, fortunately - not yours to carry down the road.

Buen onward camino! May the rest of your walk be a totally different story.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Ha, ha, I got much the same treatment when I stayed in 2015! The man who checked me in was pleasant enough, but when I tried to get a glass of vino tinto in the bar about 6pm there was nobody else there, and the surly woman grudgingly poured me the tiniest glass she could find. She watched me the whole time I sat there. I went off somewhere else looking for supper. Never wanted to stay in Burguete ever again!

I stayed at Hotel Burguete on this past Monday night. It was an absolutely horrible experience right from the start.

It had been a grueling day walking from Orisson, and I was so exhausted that I could not walk another step by the time I came through the door. There was an empty lobby, and empty courtyard, and the attached bar/cafe was also empty. I was wandering around calling “Hola”….and nothing. Finally a little disgruntled looking woman appears, and I said “Buenos Dias. Tengo reservacion”. She asked me my name, I told her, and without even looking anything up, she shook her head and said “No. Completo”. Full. I searched my phone and found the email chain from 3 months prior and tried showing it to her. She kept saying “No”. And “No estado confirmado”. After about 10 minutes of this, I finally got her to look at my phone where I had proof that it was indeed “confirmado”. She then sighed, literally stomped away and came back with my key. Hmmm. I thought they were “completo”. Lying and being uncooperative are not ways to get on my good side.

Then, when I asked her for information on dinner, I thought she said that they served until 8. My Spanish isn’t terrific, but I try to use it out of courtesy. Her English was non existent, and when I requested to have her please write down what she was saying, she refused and scowled at me. So, when I showed up for dinner at 7:00, she scolded me. At dinner she exhibited further rude service toward me, even to the point where the peregrinos at the next table noticed it and commented on it.

For the record, I am an exemplary guest…clean, quiet, appreciative. Her behavior was 100% uncalled for, and I plan to leave a scathing review on booking.com.
So sorry to hear about your experience at Hotel Burguete. We stayed there in 2019 ( yes, almost 5 years ago). Fortunately for us, our experience was nothing like yours. We, too, had reserved a room and they had no difficulty finding our reservation upon our arrive. Our room was most pleasant and dinner “Truite à la Hemingway” was one of the best meals we had on the Camino. The young woman who waited upon us even took the time to show us where Hemingway had engraved his name inside the piano in the dinning room.

Nonetheless, at the price you and I pay for private accommodations, the reception you received wasn’t acceptable. Speaking both French and Spanish may have made our experience different from yours. Only guessing. However, what I would say to future folks going that way, I don’t think the hotel is as interested in pilgrims as they are French and Spanish vacationers who I believe make up most of their clientele.

Don’t hang on to this bad experience any longer than you have to. So many great places and people are out there in front of you. Buen Camino!

Definitely, when a pilgrim is worried about posting a review in booking.com, something has definitely changed, to a point of no return.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
We once had a bad booking experience in Zubiri! It wasn’t booking.com, but a sexist person who gave our twin bed reservation to two men, because they refused to sleep together in a King bed….though they had no previous reservation! It’s along story. But we all eventually encounter such people. They are not happy.

Just move on, and enjoy the fruits of your walking. Write the review when you’re home. Don’t spend another second of energy away from the trail! 😁

Last edited:
For the record, I am an exemplary guest…clean, quiet, appreciative. Her behavior was 100% uncalled for, and I plan to leave a scathing review on booking.com
You should be able to leave a review on Google and TripAdvisor, but since Hotel Burguete isn't on booking.com you won't be able to review them there. And I believe that you can only review properties on booking.com that you booked through that site.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

I hope this incident in Burguete has not dampened your Camino enthusiasm.
Kia Kaha (Maori: Be Strong)
Go well!🇺🇸🇪🇸🇳🇿

last September when we entered the lobby, the older man at the desk told us immediately that we did not have a reservation. We did have a confirmation, and when I went to dig it out he relented and gave us the keys to our rooms. It was a bit strange, there didn’t seem to be any other guests, although it was high pilgrim season. I wondered if they were just tired of pilgrims and wanted a night off.

Bless the memory of the woman that had no time for you. She will have to do penence after her next confession. When we hold anger for the deeds of others, it allows their actions to control us much longer than they should. Give this woman no more power over your thoughts and feelings. She, one person, has no right to commandeer your Camino.

Last edited:
...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).

From one perspective, nothing wrong here. No one knows or, more importantly, understands what is going on with this woman, what is happening inside her. Give her the benefit of the doubt until everything is fully known. There are millions upon millions like her in the world, suffering just as she is. Room was gotten; dinner eaten--a successful end of the day. You were suffering from a day's hike and will recover rather quickly. I suspect she is suffering from something in life that is semi-permanent or permanent. Which would you rather be?

The woman you encountered, AR1965, has incomprehensible issues. She is miserable and must live with that misery everyday of her life. It's not you. You just happened to be in the path of her wrath on that day. I'd expunge from your mind the whole episode and chalk it up to experience and be thankful you do not live her life. Even thinking about what you will write in a review will occupy space in your mind. Soon, you will be rewarded by your interactions with all the countless kind people you will encounter en route to Santiago. Kindness begets kindness. I wish you a great Camino journey.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
We had a very similar experience. We were there November 2019. I was so looking foward to staying where Hemingway stayed and it was miserable, cold and the receptionist was rude and grumpy.
I reread ‘The Sun Also Rises’ afterwards on the Barcelona to Paris train, and laughed because Hemingway also pretty much said the place was gloomy and the receptionist was grumpy. We must have had the granddaughter of the original receptionist!

It’s times like this when you wonder why some people even work in hospitality .

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

I think you should leave reviews of your experience on Gronze.com and if you originally booked on Bookings leave a review there. People should know.

Posting a negative review is one thing and could be considered useful, but "scathing" is mainly an outlet for your anger and resentment.
I agree with @C clearly. When I read a factual and dispassionate negative review it has a much greater impact on me than a really hostile one.

For the record, I am an exemplary guest…clean, quiet, appreciative. Her behavior was 100% uncalled for, and I plan to leave a scathing review on booking.co
We ha

We have stayed there many times(upward of 10 times) and never had a complaint or a bad meal or warm beer. As a matter of fact we get the same room each time.
The owner have been there for many years, I'm sorry you had a bad experience but leaving nasty comments because you were tired and felt put out but be kind. There will be more things to be angry about.

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I think you should leave reviews of your experience on Gronze.com and if you originally booked on Bookings leave a review there. People should know.

I agree with @C clearly. When I read a factual and dispassionate negative review it has a much greater impact on me than a really hostile one.

SO SORRY you had such a crappy experience! I had been planning to stay there this Sept.hoping to meet up and be inspired by the spirit of Hemingway! Yes, as others have said, compassion is a fine quality to have towards all those souls who cross our path. However, having worked in hospitality for decades, one's purpose IS to be kind and serve guests, that IS why one is there. If not happy in it, do something else. YES, as I always do, leave reviews wherever you can. I believe it is not necessary to be booked through third party companies like trip advisor or booking in order to leave a review. And hey, when service is great let people know as well!
Buen Camino, thanks again for the warning.

It's the beginning of your camino so move on. You had an off experience, a RARE experience, so chalk it up to a day on the camino.

When I travel, I remove my "home country" lenses and take things in stride. Use your time more wisely than slandering a local business.

It's the beginning of your camino so move on. You had an off experience, a RARE experience, so chalk it up to a day on the camino.

When I travel, I remove my "home country" lenses and take things in stride. Use your time more wisely than slandering a local business.
With all due respect, slander is a strong word. If someone has a service business and is not doing their job with integrity and goodwill, is it slander to inform others of one's experience? Many are on a budget walking the Camino. $50-$70 Euros for a hotel is not chump change for most of us. Hospitality is a challenging gig. Why not support those individuals working hard and making the effort to welcome guests?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Which would I rather be? Treated with the same respect that I showed her. That’s not an unreasonable expectation.
From one perspective, nothing wrong here. No one knows or, more importantly, understands what is going on with this woman, what is happening inside her. Give her the benefit of the doubt until everything is fully known. There are millions upon millions like her in the world, suffering just as she is. Room was gotten; dinner eaten--a successful end of the day. You were suffering from a day's hike and will recover rather quickly. I suspect she is suffering from something in life that is semi-permanent or permanent. Which would you rather be?

The comment was in no way nasty. And it had zero to do with being “tired and put out”. It was simply the worst service I’d ever received, under any circumstances. And it was completely bizarre that she claimed they were “completo” when they weren’t and denied that I had a reservation.
We ha

We have stayed there many times(upward of 10 times) and never had a complaint or a bad meal or warm beer. As a matter of fact we get the same room each time.
The owner have been there for many years, I'm sorry you had a bad experience but leaving nasty comment because you were tired and felt put out but be kind. There will be more things to be angry about.

Interesting that pilgrims seated around me who were not from my home country had the same take on her behavior. It was universally bad.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Interesting that pilgrims seated around me who were not from my home country had the same take on her behavior. It was universally bad.
Please see my post SlowCamino2024 above this one.
You were right to share this and save others from
an expensive bad experience. I was planning to stay
there in September. Having worked in hospitality for
decades, I have no patience for ungracious staff.
Gracias! Merci! Grazie! Y Buen Camino amiga!

What good will that accomplish? And what harm?

Posting a negative review is one thing and could be considered useful, but "scathing" is mainly an outlet for your anger and resentment.
The review will be proportionate to the service received. Bad service = negative review. Inexcusably horrible service = scathing review.

It will be 100% factual, and 100% proportionate to the level of service. Unfortunately for her, that means it’ll be not very nice.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
What good will that accomplish? And what harm?

“Scathing” is proportional in this situation. What good will it do? Preventing someone else from a similar encounter.

As far as harm, it is not my job to shield another person from the consequences of their choices. Not my burden to carry.

So sorry you had this experience... And at the beginning of your Camino.

To others passing through this area, I'd like to recommend Posada El Camino in Lintzoain run by a lovely couple, Carmen and Luis. So kind--just the best! Excellent dinner and breakfast too. Also referred to as El Camino Inn.

Buen Camino!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
One thing to know if (God forbid) this kind of thing happens again, @AR1965 . You can ask for a hoja de reclamation - a complaint form the establishment is obligated to have on the premises. I have never needed to file one so don't know first-hand - but I have heard that these are three magic words that can instantly clear up any 'misunderstanding.'

@AR1965 has every reason to be upset and to voice her opinion. Much healthier to do so then hold it in and potentially take it out on somebody else. It doesn't matter if it was a rare experience or not it simply shouldn't happen in the hospitality industry, regardless of what country you're in. That type of behaviour is completely it odds with the very meaning of the word 'hospitality'.

And you might wish to look up the meaning of 'slander' before using it again.

I’ve had trouble with bookings using bookings.com.. But outside the Camino. They have always been resolved easily and amicably, but all have been outside peak season. I must say that to me the idea of pre-booking accommodation on a Camino is an anathema.
Sorry

Bogong

Last edited:
...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
I’ve had trouble with bookings using bookings.com.. But outside the Camino. They have always been resolved easily and amicably, but all have been outside peak season. I must say that to me the idea of pre-booking accommodation on a Camino is an anathema.
Sorry

Bogong
I’m 58 with bad knees, and well aware of the slow speed with which I hike. Knowing I have a place to stay for the night enables me to stay true to the spirit of the Camino and stay present in the moment.

Booking.com has no control over the demeanor of the employees of the albergues, hostels, etc.

I must say that to me, the idea of evaluating someone’s choice of whether to pre-book on a Camino is anathema to the Camino.

Sorry.

Sorry

Bogong
But this has got nothing to do with booking.com (other than the booking was made using their service). Or bookings per se - i.e. if someone should book or not on Camino, let alone whether or not you personally care to book.

It's about appalling service, pure and simple

€83,-
I thought the whole point of reviews was to allow people to let others know their experiences, good and bad ?

Any pilgrim who is badly treated in any establishment should make other pilgrims aware. If poor behaviour is tolerated or excused, then it will become the norm. Imagine ebay where we couldn't warn purchasers about bad sellers...

But this has got nothing to do with booking.com (other than the booking was made using their service).
I don't believe that the booking was made on booking.com. Based on what @AR1965 wrote, I think that the reservation was made by email. That's how I booked Hostal Burguete last year, and Gronze doesn't indicate that they are on booking.com.
I searched my phone and found the email chain from 3 months prior and tried showing it to her. She kept saying “No”. And “No estado confirmado”. After about 10 minutes of this, I finally got her to look at my phone where I had proof that it was indeed “confirmado”.
Booking.com was only mentioned in the OP as where she was going to post the review, which I don't believe possible if the booking wasn't made through them.

I don't believe that the booking was made on booking.com. Based on what @AR1965 wrote, I think that the reservation was made by email. That's how I booked Hostal Burguete last year, and Gronze doesn't indicate that they are on booking.com.

Booking.com was only mentioned in the OP as where she was going to post the review, which I don't believe possible if the booking wasn't made through them.
Valid point, rereading the OP's original post she clearly says "email chain". It was the comment about leaving a review on booking.com that threw me.

Which makes the the post from @Bogong even more redundant.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Dear, exactly the same experience May 15th 2024 in hotel Burguete. Very unfriendly and helpful but with a huge, huge sigh ... 😟 In the morning I finished my tea and orange juice and took the rest of breakfast with me ☺️
It is so strange those persons keep this place open if they don't like their job 😕
Anyway, and luckily for me, it was the sole bad experience 😅🤩 Buen Camino !

Dear, exactly the same experience May 15th 2024 in hotel Burguete. Very unfriendly and helpful but with a huge, huge sigh ... 😟 In the morning I finished my tea and orange juice and took the rest of breakfast with me ☺️
It is so strange those persons keep this place open if they don't like their job 😕
Anyway, and luckily for me, it was the sole bad experience 😅🤩 Buen Camino !
As my main reply says (and the observant will verify) it almost always happens to those walking alone.
Cowardice accompanies all wicked
behavior.
Anyone replying to such posts with "Well *we* had a lovely experience there" should consider this fact of life and either walk and travel alone sometime to confirm it or else simply be more observant, understanding and compassionate.
Victim blaming (even implied) is not a good look.

€46,-
Just to point out that some people don't choose to work in the hospitality sector - they were born or married into it, whether they like it or not!
Two cases in point, Trecile, are the Hostal Fuente Estrella in Hontanas, where Luz from Bulgaria married into the business; and Pension Casa Morgade in Morgade, where Paco was a professional basketball player who married into the enterprise. I'm confident there are many more examples like these. Fate has a way of defining the paths we take in life. And, like you state, ". . . whether they like it or not."

Slander is, by definition, lying.
The OP is not lying and, ironically, you are slandering her by accusing her of it.

Fair criticism is valid and part of life.
Many people - myself included - actually thank God in hindsight for someone criticizing them because it brought them to their senses.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I actually stayed in a Casa Rural in Burguete in 2023. I speak Spanish well and had a nice chat with the lady.
But I was disappointed to be charged way over the odds for the tumble dryer, considering the washing machine was the usual (around 5 or 7 euros).
Not having much of an option (having already walked several days and there being apparently nowhere to dry the clothes in the open air), I accepted.
The lady (kindly...or so it seemed) offered to bring the clothes up to my room in the evening - i.e a few hours later "when they would be dry".
She didn't appear and I decided to wait until morning.
Since the door to the breakfast room was closed at 7am, despite me being told to come down then (and there was no answer to my various "holas") I was trying not to get impatient.
Finally, the man arrived and I asked him about my clothes.
He said "they'll be hanging up".
Indeed they were, hanging up in a damp area behind the washing machine.
And they were damp.
They hadn't been put in any tumble dryer at all the previous afternoon but when I said (in decent Spanish) to the man that I paid €12 for them to be dried in the dryer, I was told the lady wasn't around...

Over 95% of my Camino experiences have been good. It's a shame that reviews for Burguete aren't great, even online, considering it's a pleasant place where tired pilgrims are willing to pay for private rooms.
And just a warning for everyone to check themselves that there's actually a tumble dryer in a place!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Pension Casa Morgade in Morgade, where Paco was a professional basketball player who married into the enterprise
I didn’t know that about Paco (actually, I’m not sure I know which one is Paco!). And if you go back a generation, you will see that the original founder (now abuela) left the big city of Bilbao to her family’s consternation and married into a farming family in Galicia. She told us she couldn’t envision life on a tractor, and so she started a small albergue in the old stone house. It has since been enlarged at least a few times to include a restaurant and private rooms. When I stayed there in 2002, she did all the cooking and cleaning herself, and we sat in the kitchen chatting while she prepared the meal. She didn’t exactly marry into the business, but her marriage was the impetus for what is one of the kindest, friendliest enterprises on the Camino.

In the spirit of @eils story about the dryer - i had something similar inasmuch as i had my albergue booked and reserved with a warning that if its not canceled day before or noshow by 6pm i will be charged. I had a long day (33km) but still managed to make it around 5:30 and paid for it to gentleman at the reception desk.
By sheer luck I checked my CC transactions for the day and saw an obvious "double" charge.
Next morning I was told thar lady who is in charge of finances was not available andd won't be available til 10:00am or so. I guess for most Pilgrims that would be it as most of the time we hit the road around 8 am the latest; however i had one of those ridiculously short stages so it mattered not to me that I'd be "wasting time ". I stubbornly hung around.
By 9:00am seeing that I was not leaving the man said that he was gonna give her a call (?) and shortly thereafter handed me my money in cash. When questioned why there was the charge he mumbled something about me being late (which I wasn't and considering that I paid on the spot led me to think that the whole thing was shady).
Im not revealing what albergue it was but I know that enough members here sang it wonderful praises. That very well may be but it matters not to me their wonderful experiences; mine clearly was not and one can be assured I will not stay there another time

Last edited:
I didn’t know that about Paco (actually, I’m not sure I know which one is Paco!). And if you go back a generation, you will see that the original founder (now abuela) left the big city of Bilbao to her family’s consternation and married into a farming family in Galicia. She told us she couldn’t envision life on a tractor, and so she started a small albergue in the old stone house. It has since been enlarged at least a few times to include a restaurant and private rooms. When I stayed there in 2002, she did all the cooking and cleaning herself, and we sat in the kitchen chatting while she prepared the meal. She didn’t exactly marry into the business, but her marriage was the impetus for what is one of the kindest, friendliest enterprises on the Camino.
Hi peregrina2000. Paco was hard to miss because he was about 6'6" tall. In 2017, he checked me in, was part of the wait staff at dinner, and bid me farewell in the morning. A wonderful human being who told me in an after dinner conversation, among other things, they were not trying to get rich. Thank you for rounding out the history.

Just to point out that some people don't choose to work in the hospitality sector - they were born or married into it, whether they like it or not!
Whilst this is undoubtedly true it does not mean that you cannot influence or actively change your path in life. As the story from @peregrina2000 so aptly illustrates:
And if you go back a generation, you will see that the original founder (now abuela) left the big city of Bilbao to her family’s consternation and married into a farming family in Galicia. She told us she couldn’t envision life on a tractor, and so she started a small albergue in the old stone house.

Nor does it mean that you have no control over how you do your job - let alone, how you treat your fellow (wo)man.

Nor does it mean that you have no control over how you do your job - let alone, how you treat your fellow (wo)man.
I agree. Just responding to those who said that some people, like the woman at Hostal Burguete should choose a different location. This is probably a family business that she didn't proactively choose to work at. That doesn't mean that she can't be kinder to her customers.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
So sorry you had this experience... And at the beginning of your Camino.

To others passing through this area, I'd like to recommend Posada El Camino in Lintzoain run by a lovely couple, Carmen and Luis. So kind--just the best! Excellent dinner and breakfast too. Also referred to as El Camino Inn.

Buen Camino!
Also recommend Casa Pedroarena in Burgette. Sweet woman took great care of us including washing our clothes. One of the cleanest places we stayed!

Oh my. Sorry to hear this. I will be staying there in a couple of weeks. I will be sure to message them a few days before and day-of to let them know I am really coming. I too am in my 50's and will likely be dead on my feet when I arrive. I do see in my email that they want confirmation if arriving after 6pm. I'll keep my eye on the time/etc.

I's recommend Lorentx-Aterpea. I stayed there two years ago and it was rather new at that time. Wonderfully clean. Breakfast was rather stock but did the trick and it was smack in the middle of town. Very reasonably priced as well.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi- I will be finishing up the Via Podiensis in a few days and then starting on the Frances from SJPDP. Is there any reason for me to visit the pilgrim office (and probably wait on a long line)...
I am an Old School Pilgrim, too set in my ways, I can understand and accept the Cell Phone priorities sweeping today's Pilgrim community back in the good old bad days coin-fed albergue computers...
I arrived on the Francés yesterday in Estella. Stayed in the Albergue Curtadores on the entry to town. Few pilgrims for a big albergue. And tonight I’m by myself at the one-of-a-kind Casa Tiago in...
I passed through Nájera today. To quote John Lennon, “ I just had to look”. As you probably know, the red sandstone cliffs run right alongside the houses. Definitely unusual. These red beds...
i did the French way a couple of years ago from Roncesvalles, right after covid. i’m elderly and very slow. i would like to return in 2025, to do it again while my body may still let me. last...
Hello from Roncesvalles! My husband and I made it safely through the fog to the monastery from Borda this morning. Now looking forward to our next accommodations. Please note: There are lots of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.