• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Backpack transport on Camino Olvidado

Centaurea

Time of past OR future Camino
13/05/2024
I am thinking about walking the Camino Olvidado with my husband.

I like to walk long distances with my backpack. Last year I did Frances till Leon, San Salvador and Primitivo.
And…I am addicted now.

My husband want to join me next time.
But does not like my distances!
He loves macro photografia.
So we made a compromis: I will walk my distances and sometimes he will walk with me and sometimes he will make photo’s and meet me again at certain points while taking cab or something.

His kind of photografia is impossible to combine with carrying a backpack.

So before planning etc.
(I am already enthousiastic about the route🫣😅🥾🥰)
I need to know if it is possible to have his luggage transported on the camino Olvidado? Day by day?

Does anyone know?

(Maybe when this is impossible I want to walk the Invierno, starting in Leon.
Because I stopped the Frances in Leon to start the San Salvador.)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
There is no luggage transport service on the Olvidado, at least none that I have ever heard of. Some parts of the Olvidado are also likely to be very far from available taxi service, so I think you may have a difficult time sorting this one out.

I hope you can figure out something, though, because the Olvidado is a beautiful camino.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum

I am thinking about walking the Camino Olvidado with my husband. I like to walk long distances with my backpack. Last year I did Frances till Leon, San Salvador and Primitivo. And…I am addicted...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.