• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

An Illustrated Description of Contents of My Camino Pack

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
A selection of Camino Jewellery
is it a toaster
I'm thinking its' a multi-country electrical adapter. You push out the prongs you need for the outlet depending upon which country you in at the time. The levers are what you're seeing on the sides and they could look like the lever to drop the bread into the toaster. The prongs will protrude out the odd shaped dark shapes on the top when you push up the lever on the side for the prong you need.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
You have the colour tones right, but you are seriously devoid of pockets. All that stuff has to go into something and it simply won't do to look as if it all fits into the backpack so precisely. The shuffling mass of pilgrims will seethe with envy as you pass unhindered by any aerodynamic friction.

Attachments need to be on display. Things that dangle represent movement of which the prone pilgrim is excused thereof. But on the trail can effect grace and pose and conceal the stiff and painful features of the tortured gait.

It lacks the vintage look. Whack it all a few times with hammers or throw the whole lot off a cliff to get that authentic dishevelled look. If there is a handy Swiss army knife, then you could achieve untold artistry with casual vandalism.

Otherwise a very understandable and international way to describe all that is required.

Love the presentation!

One thing I must advise re: meds. If you get a snarky TSA, and they find your pill caddy, they can make life very tough as the meds are not in prescription bottles and easily identified. Just do not want your trip to start off with major problems. HUGS!!! 😎🇨🇦🍁

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Love the presentation!

One thing I must advise re: meds. If you get a snarky TSA, and they find your pill caddy, they can make life very tough as the meds are not in prescription bottles and easily identified. Just do not want your trip to start off with major problems. HUGS!!! 😎🇨🇦🍁
In all my flights since TSA and security I’ve never had my pills questioned and I’ve never taken a bottle.

One spot left (female, shared room) on the Catalina Island hike. Sign up by Sept 17
This is so beautiful! But I would add a bandana or a buff, and earplugs. Life gets noisy outside just when we are ready to go to sleep. Buen Camino!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Can you tell us what happened?
I took a pill caddy and when it was flagged at TSA, it was inspected. That meant that someone took the caddy, removed all the pills on a paper surface using fresh gloves, and inspected each pill, noting that there were the same pills in quantity, color and size for each day. I was then told that it is better to bring meds in their original bottles. They then asked me to identify each medication and its size in mg, if I could, and I did. They then took the paper that they had used to create boxes for # of days, placed each day in its own box and then set up the pills in equal rows to check for any differences. They had written down the name and size of the pills as I provided on this same sheet and returned all the pills into the caddy, took the sheet and the caddy out to some other place to try to match the pills to my descriptions.

When all was done, they handed the caddy back to me and I was allowed to continue, no apologies or concern thatb this impromptu inspection could make me miss my plane.

For me, while travelling, I am done with pill caddies.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Bonjour @Pinomarion
Not to worry. How about this for silliness:

'Velais' according to G translate is Latvian for 'laundry'....
...a homonym for 'le puy' is 'le puit' -a water well.

Seeing as this conversation is about pilgrim clothing, and somewhere to scrub clothes is always needed, how about changing it to 'Le puit en Velais'?

Who knows? You might meet a Latvian pilgrim or two along the Voie du Puy in need of a well or clean clothes....

[By the way, El Camino is signed through Latvia too....
https://caminolatvia.com/ ]

Cheers
Lovingkindness

Most read last week in this forum

I’m trying to figure out carrying the things I want easily accessible and I know many people wear a waist pack in addition to their backpack, but that just seems uncomfortable to me. What I’d love...
I am sorry if this has been previously asked but I cannot find the answer… my question is: If I feel like I am carrying unnecessary things on the Camino (I am presently walking the Francis), is it...
Hi- amateur photographer here and doing my first Camino starting next week (Frances from SJPP) and have been back and forth regarding taking my smaller Nikon with prime lens set up which weighs in...
Is there anywhere in Santiago that I can donate a backpack, poncho, coolmax sleep liner, Finisterre guide book and an unused credential? I would like someone else to have use of them if possible - ta!
Kathmandu in 2015 made the perfect pair of hiking shorts and then they changed the design and made them all skinny. I have Polynesian tree trunk thighs so I don't want a fitted look. I want...
As we have no hold luggage, I’m having to leave my much appreciated walking poles at home! Can I get walking poles in Sarria (our start point) or should I pick them up in Madrid? I know Madrid...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.