• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Logrono to Santander airport

Time of past OR future Camino
July 2019 Primitivo
Sept-Oct 2021 Frances
I will be finishing in Logrono, staying overnight, and travelling to Santander airport to get a flight home on the 27th. Bus is due into Santander bus station at 13.25 and my Ryanair flight is at 15.40. I'm a bit concerned that my timings are a bit tight. I plan to get taxi to the airport which should only take 10 mins. Has anyone done this journey and do you think it could work with my timings? If the bus gets in later than 13.25 I'll have to have a plan B. Or maybe I should finish at Los Arcos and make my way to Santander a day earlier?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hola

I don't have personale experience but maybe look at www.rome2rio.com
It seems tight as you only have 1 hour 15 min to get from the station, check in and get yourself to the plane.
Most people would probably worry most of the journey so maybe its better to leave a day earlier and enjoy the ride and enjoy Santander by night.
Its a nice town with waterfront.

I hope this helps.

Buen Camino
Lettinggo

That's the ALSA 09.20 from Logroño? It has to navigate (amongst the other stops) Bilbao. I'd say you are a little tight.

Get to Santander the day before and enjoy a night out and a swim the next morning with no stress.

I have not done that particular route but have travelled a lot using ALSA. They are generally reliable and on time, but not always.

My tuppence worth.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I appreciate the caution expressed by @lettinggo and @donalomahony but Santander is not a huge airport. A taxi from the bus station will, indeed, only take 10 minutes or so and, except on a very bad day, you can expect to be through check in and border control in another 20 minutes and spend the rest of your pre-flight time speculating on whether the unspeakable coffee is a deliberate ploy to make you buy a brandy to take the nasty taste away.

On the other hand I would always find an excuse to spend an evening in Santander if the opportunity arose.

I’d plan A, is that bus; plan B is the late bus the evening prior only you, on the ground, on the day, can know whether the plan C will be required

Hola

I don't have personale experience but maybe look at www.rome2rio.com
It seems tight as you only have 1 hour 15 min to get from the station, check in and get yourself to the plane.
Most people would probably worry most of the journey so maybe its better to leave a day earlier and enjoy the ride and enjoy Santander by night.
Its a nice town with waterfront.

I hope this helps.

Buen Camino
Lettinggo
Thanks Lettingo, it's actually 2 hours and 15 mins to spare. But helpful ideas on spending some time in Santander. I used to have a Santander bank account a long time ago, ha ha

That's the ALSA 09.20 from Logroño? It has to navigate (amongst the other stops) Bilbao. I'd say you are a little tight.

Get to Santander the day before and enjoy a night out and a swim the next morning with no stress.

I have not done that particular route but have travelled a lot using ALSA. They are generally reliable and on time, but not always.

My tuppence worth.
Thank you Donal, you are right, it might be hard to appreciate the journey if on such a tight deadline and I don't want to miss my flight. It's a Fri too so may be busier.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I appreciate the caution expressed by @lettinggo and @donalomahony but Santander is not a huge airport. A taxi from the bus station will, indeed, only take 10 minutes or so and, except on a very bad day, you can expect to be through check in and border control in another 20 minutes and spend the rest of your pre-flight time speculating on whether the unspeakable coffee is a deliberate ploy to make you buy a brandy to take the nasty taste away.

On the other hand I would always find an excuse to spend an evening in Santander if the opportunity arose.

I’d plan A, is that bus; plan B is the late bus the evening prior only you, on the ground, on the day, can know whether the plan C will be required
Thank you Tincatinker,
you always make me laugh. And your wise words helped me so much on previous Caminos. A leisurely bus journey and time in Santander is beginning to feel more attractive.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

So annoying! I booked the train in June ready for travelling tomorrow and I got this message yesterday. It seems the 15:20 train I was booked on from Bayonne to SJDP tomorrow has been cancelled. I...
Unfortunately I’ve become too ill to continue—I have a flight from Madrid on Sept 19. Can anyone suggest a safe and quiet hotel in Madrid for tonight and tomorrow? I’m so sad I can’t Go on. I’ll...
Hi everyone. I’m flying back to Chicago from Madrid after walking the CF in late November. I’ll be taking a cab to a hotel near CDG airport to fly out next day. It appears to be a long distance...
Hey everyone, this is just a heads-up that I'll be heading to Camino in the first week of October. My flight from the US to Madrid will arrive at 7:20 p.m. The last trip to Sarria is at 8:23 p.m...
Hello, I am new here. My husband and I plan to walk the Camino in Spring of 2025. In preparation of this I have been researching and reading. I came across a map which was interactive. It showed...
Hey veteran pilgrims - of which I am one - is it common in mid October for all fast trains from Madrid to Leon to be “sold out” six weeks out from travel? It’s been 10 years since I have done a...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back