Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodation in Oviedo

Mimi88

Time of past OR future Camino
Hello everyone.
For my first night in the Primitivo, can you recoomend a nice and friendly albergue in Oviedo? Shared room or a private room, both will be okay.
Thanks!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I’m currently in Hotel Favila, just 10min walk from the bus station. 15 mins to the Cathedral. Booked this hotel as it’s on the way out of Oviedo when we start our Camino on Friday morning.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I stayed in Hotel Carreno (very good Breakfast) the second night before leaving for the Primitivo. I think its best to stay near the Train station at the Start exit of the Camino.
The Municipal Albergue is unusual in some respects. It does not open until 4pm. A queue forms and you must wait patiently as the lovely man checking you in does so slowly and kindly. The rooms are old and basic. Overall I would recommend it if you are walking into Oviedo but perhaps not as a start as its on the far side of town. You will get to meet other pilgrims there though if you'd like that.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I stayed in Hotel Carreno (very good Breakfast) the second night before leaving for the Primitivo. I think its best to stay near the Train station at the Start exit of the Camino.
The Municipal Albergue is unusual in some respects. It does not open until 4pm. A queue forms and you must wait patiently as the lovely man checking you in does so slowly and kindly. The rooms are old and basic. Overall I would recommend it if you are walking into Oviedo but perhaps not as a start as its on the far side of town. You will get to meet other pilgrims there though if you'd like that.
Hi. Yes when I stayed at the municipal I was at the beginning of the queue. After being checked in I went to supermercado stopping for coffee and pastry. When I returned the line had barely moved. It was a bit surreal yet the patience of the pilgrim is something to behold because that young guy certainly likes to take his time. Definitely a place to meet fellow pilgrims. Great vibe!

Hello everyone.
For my first night in the Primitivo, can you recoomend a nice and friendly albergue in Oviedo? Shared room or a private room, both will be okay.
Thanks!
I stayed in an Air BnB place that was right in the centre.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everyone, Did anyone walk the Primitivo in late october, early november? Can you share your experience with the weather in the mountains? How many other pilgrims can I expect? I was planning...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back