Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Must see or visit place.

Time of past OR future Camino
Septmber
Hi all,

I search and read many informations but just
I like to hear from best experience accomodations and must see places because once in a lifetime experience!

May not available for me to stay but I like hear from your experiences.

Best regards.
Tom

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hello and welcome
Which route are you taking about?
Then (as far as the once in a lifetime experience) it may depend on your interests.
On Frances I recommend all the "major" Cathedrals and Castro de Castromaior.
Good luck and Buen Camino

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Many who embark on a Camino as a ‘once in a lifetime’ experience, find they were wrong.

Try and find the bar in Pamplona which Hemingway didn’t allegedly drink in. Visit the graves of various kings of Navarre in the cathedral.

Calle Laurel in Logroño - seriously over-rated, but a ‘must do’ it appears. Opens at 8.

The Barrio HĂșmedo in Leon and the extraordinary cathedral.

Calle San Lorenzo in Burgos and the graves of El Cid and his wife Jemima in the cathedral.

Leave a day longer than you’re planning in Santiago - it’s where you’re going after all. The fish market on its own is worth a morning.

I forget the name of the subterranean music venue in Santiago - very central and I could find it with my eyes shut - but if there’s a band on (regardless of whether you usually only listen to harpsichord music or not) go there.

Don’t treat it as a tick-list. If you like it, you’ll be back. If you don’t, it doesn’t matter.

Next time; carry your bag and don’t pre-book. It’s a whole different experience.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
For best accomodations stay in smaller villages between official stages. Pretty much everywhere we stayed was great. We kept saying - this is the best albergue so far. 😂
In Pamplona the Jesus y Maria albergue was a delight. We loved it.
Finally, just before Itero de Castillo is San Nicolas de Puentefitero, Hospital de Peregrinos - situated near the river in the middle of the wheat fields. This small hermitage has only 6-10 beds and is run by an Italian Confraternity. They offer a feet washing ceremony and dinner. A unique and sacred experience.
And you will find your very own highlight experiences.
Buen Camino

I decided to submit a copy of a place I mentioned before so I did a search and a plethora of threads came up that you may want to look it. A short list is below. But my choices, with no description, are the Royal Pantheon in León, the churches in Eunate and Navarette and, in Astorga, Gaudí’s Episcopal Palace, the Roman Museum, the museum in the cathedral and the Chocolate Museum. There is a clock museum also but it wasn't there when I was was.

The cathedrals in Burgos and Leon. The Royal Pantheon in Leon has beautiful frescoes on the ceiling which are sublime in their simplicity and beauty. Eunate church near Puente de la Reina.
Don’t be disappointed if you find that walking the camino leaves you too tired to be a tourist ( there I used that word😉).

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Apparently the annual "it's too crowded" rending of garments got cancelled.
I hope this is the final stretch! What a day! I’m bone tired and had trouble staying awake writing this, so I hope I’m writing clearly
 La Faba to Triacastela, 17.1 miles,27.5 Km. Last night...
Anyone struggling to find a place in Los arcos 6 km beyond is albergue sansol oasis.I can highly recommend excellent host and food
Hi, We walked the Camino de Santiago for the first time in May & June this year, and absolutely loved it. We plan on walking the first week again in October (with a view to going back later next...
Hello! I want to do the entire route on late october and november. My only concern is whether there are too few people. I certainly want to be with myself (I'm a loner) but also want to meet...
I heard it mentioned that rather than walking through the industrial section of Leon it was possible to take a bus out of the city....but where to?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.