• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A Special Place

Juspassinthru

in our minds, we're vagabonds, you and I
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés 2017, Inglés 2019, Aragónes 2024
Five years ago, June 2019 I carried a stone from Texas to the Camino for my Grandmother. She passed before I walked my first Camino in 2017 but I believe she would have loved hearing about my walk. I knew exactly where I would leave it, walking up to O Cebreiro looking down the valley, it reminded me of her native Arkansas.

My father passed in June of 2020, at his Memorial service, I picked up a stone and told myself that if I ever returned to the Camino, I’d leave his stone with the one I’d left for my grandmother, his mother.

Fast forward 4 years and I was once again on the Camino with his stone safely in my pack. As I climbed towards O Cebreiro, past La Faba and before the Galacia marker I easily found the place. My grandmother’s stone was gone, no surprise but I figured she was nearby. I left my father’s stone in the same exact place in early May.

So now I’m curious, is it still there? How long before it blows off? If anyone sees it, say hello. First pic is 2019, second is May of 2024. So now, I have a huge smile on my face.

Coordinate. 42.69262° N, 7.01686° W

IMG_3076.jpeg
IMG_2799.jpeg

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Five years ago, June 2019 I carried a stone from Texas to the Camino for my Grandmother. She passed before I walked my first Camino in 2017 but I believe she would have loved hearing about my walk. I knew exactly where I would leave it, walking up to O’C looking down the valley, it reminded me of her native Arkansas.

My father passed in June of 2020, at his Memorial service, I picked up a stone and told myself that if I ever returned to the Camino, I’d leave his stone with the one I’d left for my grandmother, his mother.

Fast forward 4 years and I was once again on the Camino with his stone safely in my pack. As I climbed towards O’C, past La Faba and before the Galacia marker I easily found the place. My grandmother’s stone was gone, no surprise but I figured she was nearby. I left my father’s stone in the same exact place in early May.

So now I’m curious, is it still there? How long before it blows off? If anyone sees it, say hello. First pic is 2019, second is May of 2024. So now, I have a huge smile on my face.

Coordinate. 42.69262° N, 7.01686° W

View attachment 174011
View attachment 174012
What a beautiful idea!!!

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
Somebody that doesn't have a stone for Cruz de Ferro will pick it up
and then will have a stone for Cruz de Ferro.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Your kindness is showing 🙏
Oops. Change of plan. I planned to have two young boys from the neighborhood join me for this expedition and opportunity to learn to navigate to coordinates but they had a swimming pool afternoon planned so now we are looking at Saturday. Stay tuned.

Oops. Change of plan. I planned to have two young boys from the neighborhood join me for this expedition and opportunity to learn to navigate to coordinates but they had a swimming pool afternoon planned so now we are looking at Saturday. Stay tuned.
Sounds like a great change of plans, going to be about 38 here today, wish I had a swimming pool. I hope you all enjoy your adventure on Saturday. Thank you again.

Last edited:
Train for your next Camino (or keep the Camino spirit alive) on Santa Catalina Island
We made it! Two pictures, first the two boys with Camino Angel, Mariana, from Italy who helped one of the boys by carrying his backpack and loaning him her poles, standing in front of the place of interest. The second one is of the wood surface with a stone I found by rumaging around in the grass below that kind of looks like the 2019 picture you posted. Maybe not, but it was great to find it and drag it out of the weeds there.
I'll try and share the rest of the photos of our hour and a half walk from La Herrarias on a lovely day with juspassinthru.
The boys got a great experience of what the Camino is like and I proved to myself that at age 75 I can still walk uphill and down and enjoy it.

60d53010-aa15-4040-95cb-9cb6a3a653de.jpeg
IMG_0518.jpeg

Most read last week in this forum

I've been home from the Frances for just over a week. I had a doctor's appointment yesterday. He asked me about the Camino and checked my vitals. I'm 60. He said: "Your vitals are incredible"...
I noticed the other thread about arranging for the Botafumeiro to swing and it suggests the cost is circa €300. Now if I was flying half way around the world and I wanted to see the Botafumeiro...
Just had to share this --- I am a litigation attorney in the US. The opposing party in one of my cases filed a motion to extend a deadline such that I would have to draft and file a brief in...
Hi all, wasn’t sure where to put this question, I’m currently in Muxia and traveling back to Santiago today and flying home tomorrow. I have something that I need to leave for someone at a pilgrim...
Its funny how time slips by Its 10 years today i got to join you guys. Now? Because things and stuff happening at work Where once again..I may get RIFFed out But this time there may be enough...
Is going from Santiago to Finisterra via Mixta and back on foot considered official Camino? Big thanks. Elin

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back