• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino description

sreevesjc

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino del Norte 2024-06-27
I am three days away from Santiago so the time has come to submit the on line pre-registration form to the Pilgrim Office. First response needed is to enter the 'Way' completed.

I walked the Camino del Norte as far as Casquita, then turned left on the link to Oviedo to continue on the Primitivo. Options include 'Primitivo' or 'North Way', neither is correct as I have combined the two. What other options exist to ensure that the correct route and distance are recorded on my certificate?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
You can choose either. No particular route is written on your Compostela. At the pilgrim ‘s office, they will help you calculate the distance combining the routes you took. Again, no particular route is written on your distance certificate only the kilometers. Congratulations!

Again, no particular route is written on your distance certificate only the kilometers.
Are you sure of that? Mine is in storage at the moment but all the distance certificates I have seen online not only state the distance but also the starting point and the particular Camino followed. Certainly it appears on the specimen photo on the pilgrim office's own website.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Again, no particular route is written on your distance certificate only the kilometers. Congratulations!
I just pulled my distance certificate from last year's combination Camino. There is a spot to fill in:
- completion date
- distance
- starting point
- starting date
- "por ruta del ..." (which I assume is the route taken, on mine it is "Otros Caminos")

Unless it has changed, they do generally pit the route taken on the distance certificate. Not on the Compostela, though.

Most read last week in this forum

My brother Bruno was traveling the Santiago paths and the last time we had contact with him was when he arrived in Santiago de Compostela. We haven't heard from him since August 17th. If you...
Hello fellow pilgrims, I am planning on opening an Albergue on the Portuguese route. I have walked both the Frances and the Portuguese route. I speak pretty decent Portuguese and am looking for...
Hello all, I'm planning to walk my first Camino in 2025 and am looking for advice re weather when crossing the mountains from SJPP. I'll be 71, going solo, and will be doing about 2 weeks...
For the past couple of years, the mods have volunteered to create calendars that show forum members’ names, date of departure, and departure city. The hope is that it gives people a chance to...
Hello, I am going to be walking my first Camino this spring and will spend two weeeks in Spain. I will take a relaxed walk from Sarria to Santiago. I will be almost 79 years old and walk five...
in summer 2026! I walked solo in 2023 and when I returned home, I had my oldest daughter's wedding to focus on as it was just a few weeks after completing my Camino on July 1st 2023! After that...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.