• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Why was my post edited?

MickMac

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2013
Frances 2016
Frances 2017
Frances 2018
Frances 2018
Ponferrada-Santiago
July 2019
Andy it sounds like you are booked into an Albergues which are not hotels.
They clear the previous nights pilgrims out by 08.00 Hrs for servicing and do not open again until 14.00 to 15.00 hrs.
Best of luck .

Buen Camino.

Moderator note - these posts have been moved from another thread to create this new thread.

The forum administration keeps changing my spelling of (albergue) to albErgue is this the correct spelling.? Baffled.
Screenshot_20240901_190523_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20240901_190523_Chrome.jpg

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The forum administration keeps changing my spelling of (albergue) to albErgue is this the correct spelling.? Baffled.
View attachment 177034View attachment 177034
No, although it might be you were using something other than albergue. You might check that you don't have an incorrect spelling in your spell checker or change your auto-correction settings. It is possible that a moderator used a capital E for emphasis to indicate what was changed. I wouldn't normally spell it with any capitals, nor would I have used the plural in the context of your earlier post.

The correct spelling is "albergue". The moderator who changed it put an upper case E in order to show you which letter had been changed.

You had typed: "it sounds like you are booked into an Alburgues which are not hotels."

That is a very common misspelling, which moderators often change (especially in thread titles) so that the search function will work better, and also so that other people don't copy the same misspelling.

Generally we only edit posts for misspellings of some specific Camino terms and place names.

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Sorry to @MickMac and others who may be confused by this. What you describe is not what is happening.

You and others write “alburgue” in the text. When I see it, I change it to “albergue” in the text of your message and edit your post accordingly. I “edit it silently” so that your post does not say “last edited by a moderator….” because I don’t want others to think that you’re saying inappropriate things that need to be moderated or anything like that.

When I notify you of the change, I try to point out that the proper spelling of albergue is “albErgue” and not “albUrgue” as you have written in your post (but you don’t see that you have spelled it “alburgue” because I’ve changed it). I use the capital letters only to highlight that the vowel after the “b” in albergue is E, not U.

This is a trivial thing, I know, but some of us have our “favorite” misspellings on the forum — When I see “alburgue” it is like fingernails screeching over a chalkboard.

I have tried to do this without insulting people or making a big deal about it, so I apologize if I cause a lot of confusion. But it is one of my favorite pastimes while sitting in airports or waitiing for my husband at the doctor’s office. 🤣

And now I see that @C clearly has explained this more succinctly than I, but I’ll leave in this long version for anyone who is interested!

Last edited:
The correct spelling is "albergue". The moderator who changed it put an upper case E in order to show you which letter had been changed.

You had typed (in post #5 of this thread): "it sounds like you are booked into an Alburgues which are not hotels."

That is a very common misspelling, which moderators often change (especially in thread titles) so that the search function will work better, and also so that other people don't copy the same misspelling.

Generally we only edit posts for misspellings of some specific Camino terms and place names.
Thanks, not explained the capital "E" threw me.

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
Personally I spell it R-E-F-U-G-I-O but à chacun son goût as they say in some parts 😇

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
I'm very guilty of misspelling this particular word, and I recently worked out my "spellcheck" keeps throwing back in the wrong spelling. So embarrassing! Sorry moderators.... I'll get it right from now 🥴

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.