• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking dress recommendations?

Enzed

Time of past OR future Camino
Porto to Santiago (2020)
Hi fellow travelers, just day dreaming of future caminos and trips to Europe.

Any one have good recommendations for dresses? Ideally knee length (maybe longer), with sleeves.
It'll be cool if it could multitask, walking/exploring cities/sleeping?

Thanks

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi! Ladyhike has some great dresses, i have done caminos in them and they worked great for me. i have also used the macabi skirts on caminos and loves those too. both were easy to hand wash, dried quickly. these brands/designs were created by women who hike and thru-hike so they understand what works :)

i pretty much only hike in skirts/dresses now even when doing hikes at home, i find them much more comfortable.

I have been walking in a knee-length skirt, with a long skirt for town in the evening or changing at the beach. I also have a pair of pants for cold days, rain, bugs or grass. I would pick a skirt over a dress because the shirts are interchangeable.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Jolly Gear makes great hiking shirts (small business created by a through hiker wanting colorful and functional hiking clothes) and they’ve recently added a dress to their catalog. I haven’t tried it but I love their shirts:

I can recommend this hiking skirt for an overnighter but, for a night out, not so much. Each of its six pockets can hold a copy of Brierley’s Camino guide.

Lightheart gear has dresses also. And tents.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Perhaps does not totally relates to Camino (although I can see some Pilgrims using them on mountainous paths) Does anyone know if crampons are OK to take in carry-on or, like most poles, they...
I have perused many well written posts regarding clothing and equipment, I agree...adapt...and adopt many. It is with concern I notice 'the maximum conditions associated to the clothing...
Hi everyone, Leaving last Tuesday from Santiago airport I saw a lot of pilgrims with backpacks and walking poles. Is it allowed? Thank you! Elvira
Hello fellow pilgrims and travellers... It'll be awhile before my next carry on backpack adventure, but here goes anyhow. I do like my icebreaker gear, but the finer 100% merino tees are not the...
Camino Credential is that with stamps or without
Hi fellow travelers, just day dreaming of future caminos and trips to Europe. Any one have good recommendations for dresses? Ideally knee length (maybe longer), with sleeves. It'll be cool if it...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.