Search 74,075 Camino Questions

VdlP A66 alt route.

JamesG

Time of past OR future Camino
Via Del Norte 2022,
Camino Portugese 2023
I’m in Salamanca planning the next few days on the VDLP. Looking to take the alternative route from Montamarta to Tabara on A66. Any +/- feedback on this route from those who have taken this path.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I’m in Salamanca planning the next few days on the VDLP. Looking to take the alternative route from Montamarta to Tabara on A66. Any +/- feedback on this route from those who have taken this path.
James, I think you have misread your map. The A66 is an autovia, and it definitely doesn’t go to Tabara! So, we’re talking about the N632, I believe. I have taken that route once, on my bike. I found it to be a very busy highway, with a lot of fast-moving truck traffic. Not at all pleasant. And furthermore, I’m not aware of any track alongside it. The VdlP route from Granja, on the other hand, although much further,has a lot to recommend it.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello from Salamanca! I'm posting this from the pilgrim albergue in Salamanca. I'm posting it in the VDLP forum because that is the route that the vast majority of our pilgrims are walking, even...
Hi all, well my plans are starting to get there. After a couple of days in Granada, Cordoba and Seville, I am hoping to leave Seville 3rd March. I know the weather can be iffy. What concerns me if...
Hi everyone; after completing the Salvador last week I was seeking a short route and picked the end of the Sanabrés from Ourense (new to me). Loving it. Staying in the very clean and comfy Xunta...

Featured threads

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Featured threads

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back