• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 74,075 Camino Questions

Trouble with Hospitaleros

pablovergara

Time of past OR future Camino
Madrid to Santiago de Compostela
Anyone had ever encountered any trouble ot unjust behavior from Hospitaleros? If so, what was it and what to do??

1000022743.webp

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
I guess you are referring to content in your other thread that got closed. A good thing imo.

But to answer your question : deal with it. Like lots of hospis also have to deal with cranky pilgrims.
Or flight attendants with obnoxious passengers. Or a well mannered customer has to deal with a bad mannered salesperson. Etcetera etcetera.
Less entitlement and more common sense might be of help.

Anyone had ever encountered any trouble ot unjust behavior from Hospitaleros?
No.
Not from a donativo, anyway.
Once I encountered a very cranky guy running a for-profit albergue, though. Clearly he'd been at it one year too long. No big deal...you go with the flow.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
On very rare occasions I have experienced less-than-pleasant behaviour, but I do not think it will be right to name any albergue on this forum. Hospitaler@s come and go. In +15 years on various Caminos, I can remember only 2 incidents where it was actually unpleasant,

Edit: For those two places, I have later simply gone to another albergue. Easy. Once I just walked out and to the albergue next door (I was not assigned a lower bed despite I was 70, there were plenty of beds, and me having a balance disease). I let them keep my 10€, as the hospitalero refused to pay me back.

99.999% are very friendly and considerate people who offer their time and hospitality for the best well-being of pilgrims. We should be very thankful for their help and dedication.

Last edited:
I guess you are referring to content in your other thread that got closed. A good thing imo.

But to answer your question : deal with it. Like lots of hospis also have to deal with cranky pilgrims.
Or flight attendants with obnoxious passengers. Or a well mannered customer has to deal with a bad mannered salesperson. Etcetera etcetera.
Less entitlement and more common sense might be of help.
Hello
Not referring to that incident but yet ANOTHER one.. except this one was straight up a bad entitled person with bad intentions that caused me to almost sleep in the streets !
Anyhow.. I'm assuning once I reach the French Way more options will be available..

Anyone had ever encountered any trouble ot unjust behavior from Hospitaleros? If so, what was it and what to do??

View attachment 179787
Nope. I’ve met a few pilgrims I wish I hadn’t.

Having drunk in the Coach and Horses when Norman Balon ruled the jump I can honestly state that I have never encountered a hospitelero/a that hasn’t acted with integrity. Even when they’ve seriously p*ssed me off.

@pablovergara you may have given your horse a sufficient flogging

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hello
Not referring to that incident but yet ANOTHER one.. except this one was straight up a bad entitled person with bad intentions that caused me to almost sleep in the streets !
Anyhow.. I'm assuning once I reach the French Way more options will be available..
Woah!!! Have you ever, even for a moment before you dismissed the possibility, considered that it might be you and not them?

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
Woah!!! Have you ever, even for a moment before you dismissed the possibility, considered that it might be you and not them?
Well I gave him an extra 5€ since thats the only way to get cordiality from some greedy bane peeps.. he indeed changed his tone on me. *shakes head*

Hello

If it is a legal thing ( against the law ) then the way to act is to go to the police and file a complaint. Meaning that when you experienced any kind of violation/ harrassment they can sort it out.
If it was just plain rudeness: suck it up.

It wasnt a comment. It was beyond that or else i wouldnt be posting about it
I was a comment. Your post was clear. They said some things you didn't like. We only know your side of the story. I suspect theirs would differ somewhat. Regardless, a thing was said days ago and here you are still talking about it. Move on. You're only negatively impacting your own camino by going on and on about it.

Pablo, how is the rest of your camino experience working out?
I ask, both as a pilgrim and as one who has served as hospitalera. It would be so sad if you only have negative experiences. You have travelled a distance, if indeed you live in Mexico... so it has to be quite a commitment for you, the whole project...

Ok, there is such a thing in Spain as a book to write your dissatisfaction. I don't remember right now what it is called. Las hojas or something. You can ask for the book to write your complaint at restaurants, hotels, etc. I think someone will know what I am talking about and elaborate.

It might be more helpful to lodge your complaint in this book.

A large latte at a Costa Coffee in Benidorm, Spain costs around €8. Some say that Costa Coffee prices are slightly higher than in the UK. In general,

So i agree five euros is absolutely extortionate for a bed, shower, a toilet, hot water, somewhere to cook and a roof over your head it's just plain profiteering in my opinion; i feel your pain!
Don't dwell on yesterday you will ruin today!!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

View attachment 179787

Hi Pablo, "what to do?" As many others have suggested, let it go. These experiences seem to be defining your Camino, which is a real shame. You may speak the same language but Spain isn't Mexico and customs/approaches/interpretations may vary. Also, remember everything has a binary. Put these experiences behind you and move forward. It's a new day. Make yours a Buen Camino!

If so, what was it and what to do??
As I said just now, volunteers are exactly that, volunteers so they wouldn´t be doing it if they didn´t want to. Having said that, they give up a lot of their own free time and they work hard to look after pilgrims, of whom you are one. If their behaviour is not always exemplary, cut them a bit of slack, i.e. be tolerant and ask them politely and quietly if there is a problem. Then move on. The next hospitalero you meet is sure to meet your standards.

€5? €5 doesn’t even get a smile out of me. Some people obviously sell themselves cheap
Its all about money to some. Apparently.
You're totally missing the point. I wonder what ancient pilgrims would think of such shameful behaviors... or how they would be received for lacking coins for the night. I'm calling you out

I was a comment. Your post was clear. They said some things you didn't like. We only know your side of the story. I suspect theirs would differ somewhat. Regardless, a thing was said days ago and here you are still talking about it. Move on. You're only negatively impacting your own camino by going on and on about it.
It was a completely different ordeal. You don't know that.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
As I said just now, volunteers are exactly that, volunteers so they wouldn´t be doing it if they didn´t want to. Having said that, they give up a lot of their own free time and they work hard to look after pilgrims, of whom you are one. If their behaviour is not always exemplary, cut them a bit of slack, i.e. be tolerant and ask them politely and quietly if there is a problem. Then move on. The next hospitalero you meet is sure to meet your standards.
If they are to volunteer into taking care of pilgrims they shouldnt be cranky or pushing their buttons like how this specific one did with me. If you dont like your job and you are bitter, quit. Dont take it on the travellers who may be tired or even injured or BOTH. Which was precisely my case and yes, I wish to report this one too.

If they are to volunteer into taking care of pilgrims they shouldnt be cranky or pushing their buttons like how this specific one did with me. If you dont like your job and you are bitter, quit. Dont take it on the travellers who may be tired or even injured or BOTH. Which was precisely my case and yes, I wish to report this one too.

I've walked 4+ caminos and the hospitaleros are some of the kindest and generous (and tired!) folks I've encountered. Your response to hospitaleros, and responses on this forum makes me wonder if perhaps you're not emotionally and mentally ready to be on the camino.

Consider how you are the common denominator in these situations.

I've walked 4+ caminos and the hospitaleros are some of the kindest and generous (and tired!) folks I've encountered. Your response to hospitaleros, and responses on this forum makes me wonder if perhaps you're not emotionally and mentally ready to be on the camino.

Do you want to know me and my story and why I have spent close to 1000 dollars to come here?
This hospitalero intentionally closed the doors of an albergue to deny me entry. I almost slept in a park bench in a very cold night (there were no hotels available) And then got literally in my face (twice) when i arrived to the next town where he was working. I dont care who he thinks he is, im reporting this incident.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Well then it stops here for every reasonable contributor.
Seems you will have to solve it all by yourself.
I sincerely hope you can handle your anger issues.
Why is some people here cant accept bad incidents without calling people names or mocking things? Its my thread, you dont have to read or reply.
People online need to chill

Do you want to know me and my story and why I have spent close to 1000 dollars to come here?
This hospitalero intentionally closed the doors of an albergue to deny me entry. I almost slept in a park bench in a very cold night (there were no hotels available) And then got literally in my face (twice) when i arrived to the next town where he was working. I dont care who he thinks he is, im reporting this incident.
And yet some people are calling me 'angry'.. well wouldnt you be?

Again, we only know one side of the story. Hospitaleros aren't in the habit of denying pilgrims entry into an albergue without good reason.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Do theres a mental and emotional requirement to do the camino? I should've read the small letters.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
How about you explain clearly and simply what happened? Then maybe we can get some idea of why it happened.

It is extremely unusual for a hospitalero to refuse admission to an albergue.
I will tomorrow. If my original post was vague its precisely becuse i didnt want to make a big fuzz about it or escalate it, but it seems people.really want to know whats up. Im at fault in some things, its my first camino and im learning, but also, im injured and had a misfortune that made things harder... things they dont seem to care about when they scream at you (two hospitaleros have btw.. yes, two)
Im actually even considering ending the trip cuz of this

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Pablo,
If you are still on the Camino Madrid, you've chosen a much less traveled route. I hope when you get to the Frances, that you'll meet other pilgrims who can give you the support you are seeking.
This is when you found me yesterday screaming at the wind 'im through with this small towns!' And yeah I am looking forward to reaching a more transitted route with more options and less issues.

Pablo, there is an app called Alert Cops. download it on your phone, if you already haven't done so.
and use it. not when someone calls you a son of a certain mother, but please do if you are hurt, cold and someone locks you out of an albergue at night.
through the app, you will have contact with the Spanish police, they will instantly know your location and they can support you.

good luck and keep safe.

happened to read this tonight. 'Bones' by Maggie Smith, the poet not the actress:

Life is short, though I keep this from my children.
Life is short, and I’ve shortened mine
in a thousand delicious, ill-advised ways,
a thousand deliciously ill-advised ways
I’ll keep from my children. The world is at least
fifty percent terrible, and that’s a conservative
estimate, though I keep this from my children.
For every bird there is a stone thrown at a bird.
For every loved child, a child broken, bagged,
sunk in a lake. Life is short and the world
is at least half terrible, and for every kind
stranger, there is one who would break you,
though I keep this from my children. I am trying
to sell them the world. Any decent realtor,
walking you through a real shithole, chirps on
about good bones: This place could be beautiful,
right? You could make this place beautiful.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I don't want to.
So why bring up the topic? :rolleyes:

You seem to be a bit Angry at the World. :(
I hope walking the Camino helps you....

What to do?
Swallow it.
Forget it.
Move on.
Life is hard enough without bearing grudges.
Hug a tree.
Sing to the birds......... :)

Last edited:
@pablovegara,
Allow me to put things in a little perspective with a personal anecdote.
I read this forum and avoided posting on your previous thread. A little introspection on your part would not go amiss and I do not wish to irritate or cause you to be annoyed at my contribution. I wish to help you to think and concentrate on the good things in life. The rest of your camino, if you allow it, will help you to be a little bit more introspective and to be grateful for the kindness, joy and goodness that is around you.
I get the impression that you are not encountering negativity and rudeness but looking for it and are contributing in some way.
I am now in the first week of radiotherapy for cancer treatment, a total of four weeks and 20 daily visits. A taxi ride each way would cost me over £40 (£80 daily). This equates to £1600 for the four weeks. Much more than the $1000 you have quoted to get you on your camino.
Some mornings I stop and have a full English breakfast with a cup.of tea (£14.00), this breaks up my walk, gives me sustenance and a rest.
I hope this puts your €5, and what you get for it, in perspective).
I mitigate this cost by getting a lift from my son and walking 2 miles to the hospital some days and getting myself back....I am exhausted but eternally grateful for what is done for me. I count my blessings and all the kindness that is done for me. This is for me, at the moment, my camino.
I cannot help be reminded of Newtons law that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
Please think hard and be grateful for what you have and receive and you will find the world a wonderful place.

Last edited:

View attachment 179787
Try and relax if you can mate. I note you are undertaking a Camino to heal from some personal traumas so I wish you well in that and I guess this isn’t helping. I guess the old adage ‘don’t let other peoples attitude spoil your day’ comes to mind. I find 99% of folks great (Camino or otherwise) so maybe just think if you have played any role in any of this behaviour. Maybe you haven’t of course, but it is something I always do.

I certainly wouldn’t use this forum as a sounding board, and maybe just stop posting. Any criticism of anything camino related, whether justified or not, doesn’t play out well on here and tends to cause a ‘pile on’. You have had a couple now maybe not without some reason! We have had a couple of food related ones in the last couple of weeks and also a young Spanish chap who was doing a survey and was looking for ways to improve things. Not to mention anyone discussing AI. They have all been seen off and the more you elaborate the harder folks will come back and it will just get more polarised. Try and enjoy your time ahead. I think it’s your first time in Spain so it should be overwhelming positive and things should improve with a fair wind!

Last edited:
@pablovegera,
Allow me to put things in a little perspective with a personal anecdote.
I read this forum and avoided posting on your previous thread. A little introspection on your part would not go amiss and I do not wish to irritate or cause you to be annoyed at my contribution. I wish to help you to think and concentrate on the good things in life. The rest of your camino, if you allow it, will help you to be a little bit more introspective and to be grateful for the kindness, joy and goodness that is around you.
I get the impression that you are not encountering negativity and rudeness but looking for it and are contributing in some way.
I am now in the first week of radiotherapy for cancer treatment, a total of four weeks and 20 daily visits. A taxi ride each way would cost me over £40 (£80 daily). This equates to £1600 for the four weeks. Much more than the $1000 you have quoted to get you on your camino.
Some mornings I stop and have a full English breakfast with a cup.of tea (£14.00), this breaks up my walk, gives me sustenance and a rest.
I hope this puts your €5, and what you get for it, in perspective).
I mitigate this cost by getting a lift from my son and walking 2 miles to the hospital some days and getting myself back....I am exhausted but eternally grateful for what is done for me. I count my blessings and all the kindness that is done for me. This is for me, at the moment, my camino.
I cannot help be reminded of Newtons law that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
Please think hard and be grateful for what you have and receive and you will find the world a wonderful place.
Dear @Bristle Boy - I’m sending you healing vibes and prayers for you during this terrible time. May the radiotherapy do its job with thoroughness and without too many side effects so you and your family can celebrate your return to 100% excellent health in the near future.

Best, best wishes from Oz -
Jenny

Dear @Bristle Boy - I’m sending you healing vibes and prayers for you during this terrible time. May the radiotherapy do its job with thoroughness and without too many side effects so you and your family can celebrate your return to 100% excellent health in the near future.

Best, best wishes from Oz -
Jenny
Bless you Jenny and thank you.
I have cried not for myself but for my Grandchildren. Sometimes life serves you a curveball.
I just wanted to give the OP a little perspective.

€46,-
I guess 5€ too short for this hospitalero is a good reason to leave a pilgrim out in the cold at night. Straight up EVIL
If the albergue has a set price (not a donativo) then being €5 short is, indeed, a valid reason for denying you a bed. Similarly, if you are €5 short at the supermarket, it is a valid reason for the cashier to deny you the food you are trying to purchase to sustain yourself. Neither has the obligation to make exceptions to the rules for you and they may not have the authority (unless they pay the difference from their own pocket, which you have no right to expect).

Albergues do offer accommodations at prices that are generally quite reasonable as a service in support of pilgrims. But they are not obligated to operate at a loss and there is absolutely nothing wrong with them setting a price and sticking to it. If you can't afford the albergues and are unable to sleep outside, perhaps you are not ready for a Camino.

I say this as someone who is currently working as a hospitalero in a donativo albergue who has no interest in what is donated because I never see it.

BTW, if you ever find yourself forced to sleep outside again, and worry for your health as a consequence, seek out a member of the guardia civil. I hear they can always find you somewhere to sleep. As mentioned above, the app AlertCops is a good way to make that contact.

Aa to how this reception would have been considered centuries ago, if you read medieval accounts, pilgrims often faced much, much worse receptions in the towns and villages they passed through.

I read you are walking the Camino de Madrid. This is precisely why we generally do not recommend this type of solitary, less-walked Camino as a first Camino, but instead the more populated ones like the Frances and Portugues that have much more infrastructureand flexibility. I walked the Camino de Madrid last year (along with the San Salvador and Primitivo). I didn't have the same issues, but I knew to call ahead and let the hospitaleros know to expect me (because the albergues are not always ready to receive pilgrims), where to find the price of the albergues and the locations of ATMs to ensure I had enough cash on hand. I knew sometimes I would also have to call ahead the day before to reserve my meal or there would be no food for me. These are things a pilgrim sometimes has to do on the less-walked routes that are not so much of an issue on the more popular routes.

Last edited:
One incident is unfortunate. Two seems like the fault may lie closer to home.
I don´t think we should leap to conclusions yet. Lightning does strike in the same place twice.

Incidentally, Pablo, if you read this: giving a thread the title 'Trouble with Hospitaleros' could be contentious, if not downright provocative. In case you didn´t know, two of the moderators on the forum are actually hospitaleros themselves, as are dozens, maybe hundreds, of members, some of whom also administer albergues and/or train hospitaleros. We are very keen to know the full story.

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
I don´t think we should leap to conclusions yet. Lightning does strike in the same place twice.

Incidentally, Pablo, if you read this: giving a thread the title 'Trouble with Hospitaleros' could be contentious, if not downright provocative. In case you didn´t know, two of the moderators on the forum are actually hospitaleros themselves, as are dozens, maybe hundreds, of members, some of whom also administer albergues and/or train hospitaleros. We are very keen to know the full story.
To be honest, whatever the story is, I doubt it be well received! I remember someone complaining they were bitten by a dog once and getting lambasted, as ‘dogs bite, suck it up’!! It’s become ‘car cash entertainment’, like the food, AI, and survey posts of recent vintage! Surely better to mention it no more. You will only get one side of story anyway!

Pablo, I saw your thread a couple of minutes after it went live yesterday and no-one had yet replied. I almost posted something reactive that pushed the issue back to you. But I'm glad I didn't!
Since then, although some folks have pushed back at you, there's been some really great thoughts and advice too - which I have also found useful, and will think about and draw on if/when difficult situations arise for me in the future.
FWIW I'd say - the beauty of the camino is it allows us to deal with difficult experiences by walking on from them and looking to find better ones in the days ahead.
Holding onto negative thoughts weighs you down more than a 30kg pack. It can lead very quickly to seeing future 50/50 situations negatively and that takes you down paths that ultimately lead to a sad camino.
Remember, you have chosen a challenging route at a difficult time of year - the Madrid isn't set up to accommodate pilgrims who need to stay in Municipal albergues in late October. I found this out in 2022. Having said that, I see that Santervas (probably your last stage on the Madrid) is listed on Gronze as open until 3 November this year, and the volunteers I met there were very kind to me.
What is important now is that you arrive on the Camino Frances having wiped away all your difficult experiences of the last few weeks, and you are ready to Go Again! with all the positivity, hope and expectations of an amazing adventure that you held when you walked out of Madrid. And if some good stuff happens (and you help make it happen), please share it - most of us are doing boring stuff at home looking out the window, wishing we were having camino adventures like you - so it'd be nice if you can help us out and lift our mood 😊
Whatever is said here, we are all wishing you a Buen Camino! tom O

A quote from the OP “Hello im Pablo C Vergara - Im in the Film Industry and been on some TV shows and NETFLIX.”

I hope he gets a good series out of this adventure
" I am Elmer J Fudd - a millionaire. I own a mansion und a yacht". 😁

I'm a true Netflix freak, short of some local news that's all I watch, and I don't ever remember coming across any show with that name.
...not that it matters and not that it should have to begin with.
There is only ONE "label" if you will on the Camino A PILGRIM! everything else is insignificant

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Its all about money to some. Apparently. [...] I wonder what ancient pilgrims would think of such shameful behaviors... or how they would be received for lacking coins for the night.
@pablovergara, I hope you had a good night's sleep. You are walking for now three weeks or so? How many days until you reach the Camino Francés? There may be more pilgrims with whom you can exchange experiences in direct conversation ... ☺️.

If you mean by "ancient pilgrims" those who walked when the Camino was new in the Middle Ages ... if pilgrims stayed in monasteries and other charitable establishments, then they were not charged a fee and a donation was not expected or common either. But reports about unfriendly and even abusive and criminal behaviour of inn keepers have survived the centuries and we can read about pilgrims' negative experiences at the time. Not always pleasant.

If you mean "veteran pilgrims" who have walked on Camino in recent years - there are not many on this forum who run out of funds for several days. There are more posts from veteran pilgrims who paid for others, either directly or through a generous donation in the case of a donativo albergue. Occasionally we read that a pilgrim asked other pilgrims for a bit of financial help in case of acute need.

The "Camino albergue scene" is quite varied and so are those who run them on a day-by-day basis. Some are volunteers from abroad on a two-week stint. Some are volunteers from a local association. Some have been given this task by the local town hall - they may or may not get a small recompensation. Then there are the privately owned and managed albergues. All have house rules or Camino association rules which are sometimes very strictly interpreted and applied by a hospitalero and sometimes there is some leeway and more generosity (like allowing a pilgrim to stay for a second night even if not sick).

Being treated unfairly and in an unfriendly manner can be very annoying and disconcerting. In my experience, such feelings fade over time and the overall positive experience of having walked prevails. Buen Camino!

I wish the most entertaining threads didn't have such a short lifespan. Please pile on, esteemed members, but don't close the thread!

Its all about money to some. Apparently.
You're totally missing the point. I wonder what ancient pilgrims would think of such shameful behaviors... or how they would be received for lacking coins for the night. I'm calling you out
Well.. to 1st point you yourself mentioned money numerous times. Those to whom it's not all bout money don't mention it. As to the 2nd - I'm sure if you dig deep and hard you'll find the info on the Net or in some libraries.
To give you some slack - I'm sure that some of them were dissatisfied at some point and some ranted just like you did. Not sure if it makes you feel any better

they are to volunteer into taking care of pilgrims they shouldnt be cranky or pushing their buttons like how this specific one did with me.
REALLY?!?! SERIOUSLY!?!?!

€46,-
I'm confused. So this particular hospitalero was working in 2 different albergues in 2 different towns?
Admittedly I know nothing of how hospiraleros operate but from everything I've read here one hardly had time to go take a leak in their daily routines never mind going somewhere else to perform double duty....

But yes we do want to know you and your story and... why OH WHY did you spent $ 1000000 to come? So far you did not tell us despite many invitations to do so short of imitating that you're something special because you're an actor on (Mexican) Netflix...

There is an old Russian saying that loosely translated goes like this: If 3 people tell you you're drunk - go to sleep.
Take that to heart and act accordingly

Good luck and Buen Camino

Last edited:

View attachment 179787
It happened to me, not in an albergue, but in an apartment advertised on booking as an “entire apartment”, on the English route.

When we arrived (we were 2 women), we went in and locked the door. We noticed they had 2 rooms with locked doors and we used the other 2.

While I was showering, I heard the doorbell ring and thought it was strange. It was the owner of the apartment yelling at my sister (who doesn't speak Spanish well). I got out of the shower with a towel on and had to go to the door with a towel on to understand why he was screaming.

He said that we couldn't lock the door because someone might arrive and that I must have read a poster (which was hanging on the back of the door, glued only by the two lower edges, therefore falling down), saying not to lock the door. We arrived almost 8pm, extremely tired and only wanted to take a shower, eat and sleep.

We were fooled into thinking we would be alone in the apartment (in the end we were). I would never rent a place with other people and I read advertisements carefully before renting on booking.

We had to ask the owner to leave because he wanted to come in and I was just wearing a towel, otherwise we would call the police. He insisted that he wanted to show something in the laundry room. We asked him to leave.

I left my notice on booking and it really was a very unpleasant situation. Yes, it ruined our day, but we moved on and put this situation behind us. Unfortunately it happens.

" I am Elmer J Fudd - a millionaire. I own a mansion und a yacht". 😁

I'm a true Netflix freak, short of some local news that's all I watch, and I don't ever remember coming across any show with that name.
...not that it matters and not that it should have to begin with.
There is only ONE "label" if you will on the Camino A PILGRIM! everything else is insignificant
Uh you DEFINITELY saw me on Netflix. Its not hard to find. Just google my name

Nope there is no reason for me to do so.
What I said is that I have not run into your name watching all the shows I have, so...
I don't have to Google say Antonio Banderas ,or Sophia, do I?

..and Gees... it IS all "about you " isn't it?! Of all the posts above to respond to - you chose to respond to this one 😒

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum

Two friends and I will be doing the CF together beginning in March. Some expenses might be shared (private lodging perhaps) and some will be individual. To avoid having to pay 3 times at the...
Earlier this month, I began walking from Ponferrada to Santiago with two friends. Although I had walked two previous Caminos, this was the first for both of my friends. This Camino was full of...
I am not a fan of the Camino Francés, I have never walked it and most probabaly never will. (Please don't discuss the pros/cons of this route on this thread). However, despite my strong opinions...
Dear Friends, Has anybody a recommendation for a restaurant in Santiago that serves a pilgrims menu, and has a table for twelve! Our Camino family would like to have a last supper! Thanks

Featured threads

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Featured threads

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back