• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Transport from A Guarda to Oia Pontevedra to start the Camino to CDS?

CiaraG

Time of past OR future Camino
1st timer! 2nd stage Coastal Route.
Hi Ciara here. 1st timer -Camino mid September. I fly into Porto- then get the train to Caminha and hopefully ferry it to A Gaurda. I plan to start the Camino from Oia in Pontevedra- but finding it hard to get there from hopefully from A Gaurda port. Is there a train/bus from A Gaurda?? Thanks. This is already very mind boggling. All tips welcome

A selection of Camino Jewellery
It will be easier to search for trains/busses from A Guarda if you spell it correctly (i.e. not A Gaurda). I have changed the title of the thread. Sorry I can't help with your question, since I haven't walked that route.

Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).
It is the same train from Porto to Vigo that stops in Caminha.

A Guarda is a lovely village with a nice port, and an significant hill top archeological site, if you're so inclined.

A bus stops near the ferry from Caminha drops you off, but the schedule may be irregular - just a couple of times each day?

I think you'd be better to walk the 3 to 4 km walk up/over a hill to A Guarda from where the ferry arrives, or walk a relatively flat, scenic 7-8 km along the coast into the harbour at A Guarda.

There are more frequent busses each day from A Guarda. I seem to recall them passing every couple of hours one drizzly February day. Just ask anyone in A Guarda where the bus stops are.

Thank you really appreciate response. My mistake it’s Oia Santa maria!

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.

A Guarda is a lovely village with a nice port, and an significant hill top archeological site, if you're so inclined.

A bus stops near the ferry from Caminha drops you off, but the schedule may be irregular - just a couple of times each day?

I think you'd be better to walk the 3 to 4 km walk up/over a hill to A Guarda from where the ferry arrives, or walk a relatively flat, scenic 7-8 km along the coast into the harbour at A Guarda.

There are more frequent busses each day from A Guarda. I seem to recall them passing every couple of hours one drizzly February day. Just ask anyone in A Guarda where the bus stops are.
Thank you! Ah sure 4k’s no bother! I’ll do that. That’d be great if you keep a look out. I must get this right! It’s Oia Sant Maria that I’m aiming for. 🤞🏼

As stated bus via Vigo is the right answer. I am walking north from A Guarda in a couple of days and will ask if any other options. Unlikely I guess
As stated bus via Vigo is the right answer. I am walking north from A Guarda in a couple of days and will ask if any other options. Unlikely I guess
It will be easier to search for trains/busses from A Guarda if you spell it correctly (i.e. not A Gaurda). I have changed the title of the thread. Sorry I can't help with your question, since I haven't walked that route.
That’s the least of my worries 😂 I meant Oia Santa Maria not Oia in Pontevedra- this going to be great craic😬

The easiest way to get from Porto to Oia is to take a bus/train to Vigo and then a bus/Uber from there.
I’m a little confused. If you get the bus from Porto to Vigo. Are you then not back tracking to Oia to start walk?

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
I’m a little confused. If you get the bus from Porto to Vigo. Are you then not back tracking to Oia to start walk?
As the crow flies, but not as the bus goes! The best way to reach a small town in a different country from your starting point by public transport is not always going to be the same way you would drive or walk it.

All the top results on Rome 2 Rio go via Vigo:

IMG_9452.jpeg

I will also be traveling this route around the same time. Perhaps we shall run into each other on the trail!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hello. If I understand you correctly…

I have just taken a ferry from Caminha to A Guarda this morning and walked up to Oia. It’s not that far, maybe 20km so is walking an option?

I have just taken a ferry from Caminha to A Guarda this morning and walked up to Oia. It’s not that far, maybe 20km so is walking an option?
And a really beautiful walking option too

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi, I made a mistake. There are 2 Apia’s it seems. I’m planning to start walking from Oia Santa Maria- it’s halfway down the coast line up above A Guarda. Thanks

Hi, I made a mistake. There are 2 Apia’s it seems. I’m planning to start walking from Oia Santa Maria- it’s halfway down the coast line up above A Guarda. Thanks
Uh 2 Oia’s!

Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).

A Guarda to Oia was our first stage. Not far at all. I think you have to start in A Guarda to qualify for a compostela.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Does anyone know what or why the RENFE website is NOT listing any train service from MADRID to LEON (or onward to OVIEDO) after October 9?? I am trying to travel from Madrid to Oviedo (via Leon)...
So annoying! I booked the train in June ready for travelling tomorrow and I got this message yesterday. It seems the 15:20 train I was booked on from Bayonne to SJDP tomorrow has been cancelled. I...
I hope I am posting this in the right subject section. My annual multi-trip travel insurance has a limit on the duration of any one trip of 45 days. Any claim must include evidence of departure...
Two Trains SNCF at 6am and 8am from Bayonne to SJPdeP got cancelled 12.09 . And we are going to start our France tomorrow 12.09, maybe someone has the same problem and wants to share taxi in the...
Hola todos! I’m trying to find the best way to get from Leon to Sarria where I will start my walk. For context, when I decided to stay in Leon for a few days before my walk I saw that there were...
Hope I am posting at the right place -- five of us will complete the Camino and plan to rent a car, drive to Tui, then drop off the car there, and walk aross the bridge to Vanlensa and pick up a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back