• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

To increase my backpack size ...or not.

BiggBlue

Robin
Time of past OR future Camino
17 Frances 18 Portuguese,
19 Primitivo 22 Norte
For the past six years, I have used a 33 L Osprey backpack, which has been fine, but it is always fully packed. I thoroughly understand that nature abhors a vacuum, so any available space in a bag generally gets filled up. On my last Camino two years ago, I came across the Osprey XEOS 48, which I discovered from the few people I met with them were incredibly comfortable. I went onto eBay, found the model I wanted, and bought it. I have worn it on a couple of training hikes and find it incredibly comfortable. It sits on the hips perfectly. I am setting off on the 27th of September and plan to walk part of the French onto San Salvador and then onto Primitivo, so it'll be about 40 days. I wonder if anyone has any experience of going to a larger backpack and if that resulted in them adding weight they had not intended to. Plus, are there any pilgrims out there who have this backpack and it can give me some thoughts and feedback

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
The difference in weight among my Osprey Stratos 44L and my wife's Sirrus 26L is 470g (1670 vs. 1200 g). I guess the 33L is halfway (+250 or so).

To be honest I don't even feel the difference when I use her backpack (as I do time by time). And I found both of them excellent, but I was used to very obsolete, heavy and old stuff (e.g. a 65L Berghaus Cyclops Rock from the '80s...) until planning of doing a Camino. The first time I used them I was feeling like I was entering in another universe...

And by the way: do not walk with vacuum on the Camino. :)

1725447238898.png

And Buen camino! I really hope to be able to do a >30 days hike in the near future...

Last edited:
Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).
Over my caminos i came to the conclusion that one needs to weigh between the factor of "comfort" and "weight". A super-duper comfortable pack that perfectly transfers its weight to the hips but is 2kg heavier... is still 2kg heavier. A 300g pack that makes your shoulders hurt at day 3 is also not the best solution. Problem is, everyones sweet spot is different.

From Camino #1 to #2 i went up a bit in size for my backpack, compensated for the added volume with a foam matress but in total went down in weight.
From Camino #2 to #3 i did stick with the same pack (it worked well), but went up in total weight cause i deemed some added comfort items more important than the added weight. (and they were absolutely worth it).
Now being very well dialed in on what i'd take on a potential next Camino i don't really worry about pack size, because i know exactly what would go inside it. (That ofc unless i'd walk in a completely different season).
I am actually pondering the idea to switch to another, even heavier backpack for a few reasons. But since that would set me back quite a substantial amount of Euros i consider going even larger on that one so i can potentially use it for more szenarios (like proper trekking with a tent). That would likely add another 250g or so to my gear list... but i am in no hurry. I got a working setup and won't have the time for another camino anyways in the next month. So i can do a bit more pondering.

#1 Camino: Gossamergear Murmur, 4.6kg loadout
#2 Camino: Bonfus Iterus, 3,6kg loadout
#3 Camino: Bonfus Iterus, 4kg loadout
Backpack in consideration: ZPacks Arc-Haul 60L

(btw: personally not a fan of Osprey and the likes, but many people seem to be happy with them and they seem fairly easy to use)

I’m planning on a longer camino and strongly leaning to get a smaller pack. I did the Frances with a Kyte 48 (great pack) no issues and room left over but it weighs just over 4lbs. So strongly considering the Talon 33 which is 2.4 lbs. significant weight difference. Not decided yet but I am sticking with Osprey.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
For the past six years, I have used a 33 L Osprey backpack, which has been fine, but it is always fully packed. I thoroughly understand that nature abhors a vacuum, so any available space in a bag generally gets filled up. On my last Camino two years ago, I came across the Osprey XEOS 48, which I discovered from the few people I met with them were incredibly comfortable. I went onto eBay, found the model I wanted, and bought it. I have worn it on a couple of training hikes and find it incredibly comfortable. It sits on the hips perfectly. I am setting off on the 27th of September and plan to walk part of the French onto San Salvador and then onto Primitivo, so it'll be about 40 days. I wonder if anyone has any experience of going to a larger backpack and if that resulted in them adding weight they had not intended to. Plus, are there any pilgrims out there who have this backpack and it can give me some thoughts and feedback
One more comment: you didn't say which is the model of your current 33L. I searched on the Osprey website - out of curiosity - and I didn't find any current 33L Osprey model, only 34L.

If it's an old model, it maybe that the XEOS 48 (1.255 g) weights more or less the same. Actually it looks very light for its capacity.

I have an Osprey 36L and the size has been about perfect to include my lightweight sleeping bag and my slip on shower shoes.

My daughter in law who is 5'6" and quite thin purchased the Exo 48L in 2017 and she loved it. She never once complained and did not need to fill it completely full. I admit I did look at it a bit enviously as mine is heavier and I often get "itchy strap syndrome".😅
I don't recall if the frame size fit in the cabin overhead and companies make changes in their products every few years, so always good to measure if you don't want to send a backpack below.

About 4 years ago I downsized from my Osprey Sirrus 36L to a Tempest 30L and I have never regretted it. Even my Decathlon poles fit inside which makes for easy travel on the plane (coming from Amsterdam there is no problem taking poles in my pack on the plane with me).

I am a self-confessed minimalist but use everything I take. And should I really need something along the way I usually can find it in a Bazaar Chino.

Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).
IMo the Exos 48 is the perfect CDS pack. Its very light, has the best harness made, is well ventilated and just large enough that everything you carry doesnt need to be packed like a puzzle. It also compresses down to about half the volume easily. Mine emptu is 2.6 pounds. I wish Osprey would make it in Nanofiber so it would be sub 2 pounds. Dont worry about over packing, just take what you need...

On 2 of 3 Caminos I’ve carried an Osprey Atmos 50, 55 with the top pouch which I don’t use. On my first Camino, the CF, I ended up with extra space as I sent my sleeping bag ahead, it was quite warm in May/June 2017.

I carried a 36L Osprey in 2019, no sleeping bag on the Inglés, it worked out fine, a little crowded.

This April/May starting in France and the across the Aragónes/Francés I once again took my 50L pack to accommodate my sleeping bag and bulky clothes, which I needed.

Long story short(er), I go for comfort and fit on my pack. If I’m taking a sleeping bag, I want it inside for protection from weather. The extra clothes required were light but bulky. Use discipline to make sure you’re not taking things you don’t need because “there’s room”.

For me, the 50L was never a problem and in one case it came in handy as we off loaded items from an injured Pilgrims pack into mine and another to lessen their load.

Good luck, there’s no right answer except the one that works for you.

In general I’d say smaller is better.

But a technique I use to monitor my carried weight is to build a simple excel spreadsheet and input your items and unit weight…be sure to include water.

Typically your two heaviest items, unless you’re carrying electronics like a laptop (or on YouTube I’ve seen some carry a drone), will be the backpack itself and water. A backpack will typically be 2-3 pounds (can be lighter or heavier depending on what you’re carrying); and water weighs 2.2 lbs per liter…so if you carry two liters it’s 4.4 lbs. so just in the BP and H2O you’re likely at approx 7 lbs.

If you want to stay under 20 lbs, you’re a little over 1/3 there. My first Camino my carried weight was 27lbs - heavy for what it was but I had to bring a laptop and accessories. My second Camino was around 20 lbs. My next (still in planning stages) will have me around 17 lbs (all of these include everything - water, backpack, etc).

Smart planning will help resist the temptation to just stuff the empty space in your pack - which will result in a happy back and feet.

Buen Camino!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Let me add one more comment:

I personally do not like to waste money and resources: I have 1 phone, 1 laptop, 1 (small) car, 1 house... 1 partner ;), etc. I usually choose everything (everyone) with that in mind. To follow that approach, I need to trade optimization for flexibility.

It is true that a minimalist approach is good for a multi-day hike. But what if in the future you want to try another hike that, for example, requires more water or a tent and a winter sleeping bag?

If you are like me, it is better to go a little over the minimum required volume (that's why I bought a 44L).

But if you're like many others here, aka:

1) you're not planning anything more complicated, or longer, or in more remote places -
2) or you don't care about buying two good backpacks and store them at home
3) or you think that shaving those 200 g from 10 kg is important for you

then follow their advice.

Last edited:
I have the 48 and like it , it’s nice to have room to put the new T shirt in. You can also buy needed gear in the big towns if needed

If the 48 is the more comfortable than the 33 then take the 48.
Pack everything you would have taken into the 33 then, when it's full, transfer it all to the 48.
Cinch down the compression straps and, voila! no vacuum.
Have a good Camino.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I went with an Osprey that was around 33L due to many recommendations on the 'net, but found that it actually wasn't very comfortable and worse, even after extensive pruning of unnecessary items, getting everything into that pack was an exercise in 3D reasoning that I didn't feel I was up to. (My wife, who spent a couple of years backpacking around Europe in her early life, took one look at my fully-loaded pack and said "You have everything you need and nothing you don't need in there, but packing this thing every morning will make you nuts, and if you need anything out of it in the middle of the day, good luck with that.")

So I went and got a 40L Mystery Ranch. It weighs more for sure, but the load transfer to my hips is superb, and with the extra space, packing it is almost a no-brainer. I'm more than aware enough of my own load limitations (especially on my knees!), so I'm not worried about cramming extra stuff in there until I come home.

Except for the flight back. My wife wants Gin Mare Christmas nougat, which should be in the stores by then. My return flight pack will runneth over, assuming I don't eat it all at Barcelona airport first. ;-)

It really depends on what you like to take with you and the weight you like to carry the whole camino.
I had a Rucksack Mammut Lithium Speed 15L on my first camino. 3000km from Lake Constance to SdC and Porto. For my next camino I bought a 20L in order to have a bit more space for a sandwich.

I have the Osprey Eja 38l, the women's version. I find it very comfortable and have used it on several Caminos. I remove the lid as I don't need the space and it reduces the pack weight to 900g. (There is a flap that covers the top.) I use water bottles and it is very easy to reach them which is a high priority for me. The compression straps work well to hold the contents in place so if you have not filled your pack you'll find you can keep it snug. I hate carrying extra weight so have never been tempted to add anything more than necessary! I think you'll be very pleased with your purchase.

My first Camino backpack was a Granite Gear Escape, 40L and 3.5 lbs. I carried 27 lbs at the start but mailed a tent and other stuff back to the US when I got to Gijon. My next pack was an Exped 45 at 2.4 lbs and total weight 22 lbs. My last one was a Zpacks 38L Nero, less than 1.0 lb. But I added some modifications and the weight crept up a little. Also, it was always pretty stuffed carrying 14 lbs of gear/food/water. I just bought and have been training with a new REI Flash Air 50, at 1 lb, 13 ounces because all the meds I must now carry for 6 weeks are not heavy but are bulky. (Back to the Camino Frances in 3 weeks!) My nature also abhors a vacuum, but I'll try to be diligent. Buen Camino

I just bought and have been training with a new REI Flash Air 50, at 1 lb, 13 ounces
I'll be interested in hearing how you like the Flash Air. I bought one last year at an incredibly low price. It was super comfortable fully loaded on a practice walk, but the shoulder straps made an annoying sound when rubbing against the fabric of the main body of the pack, so I didn't take it on this year's Camino. However, on my first day of walking this year it occurred to me that I could make a sleeve out of a different fabric to eliminate the sound, so I will try that and perhaps take it next year.

If you plan on using it as a carryon, it may be too big. Normally 9”x14”x21” is acceptable, you can usually get by with a little over, depending on the agent.

I walked my first Camino with a 30L urban backpack (I was traveling fulltime and it was what I had). It was a tight fit, but it worked fine over the five weeks. I "upgraded" to a Decathlon 40L model for my next Camino which was awful, and have settled on an Osprey Talon 44 for every long walk ever since, including the Primitivo.

The total amount of stuff in it hasn't increased, though -- the details of which t-shirt or socks or whatever have changed over time, but the bulk and weight have remained the same or perhaps even dropped slightly. My pack is about 2/3 full when I start, which makes it much easier to pack quickly in the morning, and leaves plenty of space to throw a bocadillo or whatever in the top if I need extra food for the day.

If you plan on using it as a carryon, it may be too big. Normally 9”x14”x21” is acceptable, you can usually get by with a little over, depending on the agent.
Yes that is a consideration

The notion of limiting a backpack’s size as a method of controlling urges to pack more stuff is a notion i absolutely DISAGREE with. The volume of a backpack is not the issue; it is a lack of experience and discipline.

A Stupid-Small backpack doesn’t limit one’s desire to take more stuff than needed, it merely invites the addition of Fanny packs, front packs, accessory pockets, tying stuff to the outside of a pack, playing “stuff and jigsaw puzzle piece” the repacking and removal of stuff, etc.

I use my 55 liter capacity Gossamer Gear “Gorilla” backpack on Camino. It is the same backpack I’ve used for multi-week/month backpacking hikes in the Cascades and Sierras and Rockies.

While true it is only filled about a third of its capacity with my 10 pound/4.5 kg load, I prefer not wasting time jamming and scrunching. Load control is easily managed kept with the packs compression features. And there is no real weight penalty, as the Gorilla weighs less than most daypacks by major manufacturers like Osprey.

It takes as much knowledge and experience to properly use a small backpack as it does a larger one; knowing what to take, leave, not include for ‘What-If’ fears is NOT replaced by a backpack’s volume capacity.

If you are experienced and have the cash, purchase a backpack to match each type of distance walk you are doing. If the wallet is tight, get one, good-quality backpack that can hold all the gear needed for all of your hiking activities.

Fit and Feel of a backpack is always the most important factor. Usability and Frustration-Elimination is the Number Two factor. Carrying a backpack that keeps nagging at you and drawing attention to itself is a pain to use.

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
@BiggBlue, I'm with @davebugg on this one. It's all about self-control and you either have it, or you haven't.

For reasons known only to yourself, you've already bought the pack.
Therefore it's not like you're asking us for advice on whether to buy or not.

You've also said that it is "incredibly comfortable". As Dave says:
that, for me, is the most important criteria.

So the only real question is:
do you have the self-control, or don't you?

I wonder if anyone has any experience of going to a larger backpack and if that resulted in them adding weight they had not intended to.
After walking a couple of times with a Deuter Guide 45+, I walked the CP with the Osprey Levity, a lightweight 65 li pack. While it had worked well on a previous winter walk in England, on the CP my load, which included my CPAP, was a little too heavy for the lightweight harness of the Levity. My CPAP and medications were the only things that I added to the base weight, although I might have carried slightly more food from time to time.

This year in Norway, I returned to the Deuter Guide 45+, and accepted that in daily use, my evening shoes and fleece would be stowed externally when my food bag was a little larger. My major consideration here was that the Deuter is just so much more comfortable than the Osprey Levity. I could have used another 65 li Osprey pack I have that is also capable of comfortably carrying a larger load, but the Deuter worked quite well for the 37 walking days walking from Oslo to Trondheim.

There are some items that did creep onto my packing list with the larger pack when I used it, but given that the extra volume went to medications and my CPAP, there weren't that many of those. As @davebugg notes, having a smaller pack doesn't necessarily reduce what you might want or need to take, and with a smaller pack, that gets stowed externally. Although I have never been tempted to compensate for a smaller pack by carrying a large waist bag!

My ideal weight would be a 30 litre bac pack although depends on size structure of the person not the back pack when i did my last camino i walked with pilgrims carrying satchels whom said they only carry what they need i have attached a link here
Let us know hoe you work out back home in Ireland i carried heavy weights over 30mile journeys but found it difficult in the Camino due to different weather altitude so i would carry aas light as you can you will always pick up along the route what you need and cast off what you dont or send on ahead.
God Bless Buen Camino

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I went with an Osprey that was around 33L due to many recommendations on the 'net, but found that it actually wasn't very comfortable and worse, even after extensive pruning of unnecessary items, getting everything into that pack was an exercise in 3D reasoning that I didn't feel I was up to. (My wife, who spent a couple of years backpacking around Europe in her early life, took one look at my fully-loaded pack and said "You have everything you need and nothing you don't need in there, but packing this thing every morning will make you nuts, and if you need anything out of it in the middle of the day, good luck with that.")

So I went and got a 40L Mystery Ranch. It weighs more for sure, but the load transfer to my hips is superb, and with the extra space, packing it is almost a no-brainer. I'm more than aware enough of my own load limitations (especially on my knees!), so I'm not worried about cramming extra stuff in there until I come home.

Except for the flight back. My wife wants Gin Mare Christmas nougat, which should be in the stores by then. My return flight pack will runneth over, assuming I don't eat it all at Barcelona airport first. ;-)
Good Choice keep her light think of those blisters if the weight is too heavy bigger bag gives more room as long as you dont over populate with trinkets and gifts for people back home i use a 30l but i dont bring much except things i cant find on Camino handy

Its about the journey not the destination bigger pack allows for more room as long as you are disciplined however it was not always the case for me i had added more water and grub to carry which can be heavy anything not required dont bring it try out a few overnight hikes is what i did but the lighter your load makes the feet last longer make sure boots and socks are suitable in Ireland mine were great but difficult on camino and ended up completing in trainers bought in Leon

At 160cms and 49kgs, with my Gregory Zulu 55lt, womens version, I seem to be going against the grain of small packs, but like all things Camino, it's personal preference. Greg fits me perfectly. I limit my Camino stuff to 5kgs and sure, there's free space but with everything in compression bags, nothing rolls around and I pull the straps to their max to bring him in. I'm always carry-on only and he's never been consigned to the hold. We've had so many adventures together and are readying for my next Camino......hmmm, Gregory is just the bestest (it's a word!) partner I've ever had! So, in a nutshell, go with what's comfortable and makes you happy. Buen Camino

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
What do you mean “vacuum “. Yes I’m a newbie

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
How about the Osprey Talon 33? It is 33 L in the L/XL size, but only 31 L in the M/L size.
Carried one twice on CF in warm weather, I love it, room for everything I need. I'm 5'10" tall, and the L/XL fits fine

I have used a 60L pack for my seven walks so far. Not packed full, nothing strapped or swinging on the outside as I walk and easy to pack each morning. Just dump stuff in and go.
The micro pack contingent seem to struggle each morning getting all their gear to fit as precisely as it did when they first packed it at home.
I find the obsession with smaller and smaller packs kind of amusing and I don't see the point of it or obsession with shaving grams from your pack. I've never weighed anything. I take what I need and no more. The only time my pack gets weighed is at the airport.
I see many people with small packs with all kinds of stuff strapped to the outside flailing around as they walk.
But I guess whatever floats your boat, it's your Camino afterall.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
On my last year's Camino I used my trusty Osprey Stratos 36L.
Below is my load split compiled on lighterpack.com.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240908_110219_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240908_110219_Chrome.jpg
    416.1 KB · Views: 10
I also have a 33l Osprey and it can be tight. But, I know if I get a larger one that I will just stuff more things into it.

The additional weight will not matter if you intend to use a courier service, but it will matter if you intend to carry it

I'll be interested in hearing how you like the Flash Air. I bought one last year at an incredibly low price. It was super comfortable fully loaded on a practice walk, but the shoulder straps made an annoying sound when rubbing against the fabric of the main body of the pack, so I didn't take it on this year's Camino. However, on my first day of walking this year it occurred to me that I could make a sleeve out of a different fabric to eliminate the sound, so I will try that and perhaps take it next year.
I just bought the REI Flash Air 50 as well. Hard to beat it for weight or comfort. Right at 1 lb 15 oz.

I used an Osprey Talon 33 on Kilimanjaro a few months ago and wow, this flash Air is so much more comfortable and 9 oz lighter too.

I know if I get a larger one that I will just stuff more things into it.
This is a common view in this forum. I have never understood it.

Is this a behaviour tenuously related to addiction? Perhaps there is a better word?

"A persistent and intense urge to complete ( =eg fill ) things."

Is this a behaviour tenuously related to addiction? Perhaps there is a better word?

I suppose a larger pack would provide space for a Nespresso* machine thus killing two addictions with one stone?

* Other caffeine delivery systems are available.

I consider coffee a PASSION, not an addition.

I went without for a year because I was in a situation where the only coffee available within a radius of 1500 km was very similar to something else, usually brown.

And there is something else that I consider a passion and not an addition. Let me just say that in that very same situation I staid without it too, as the only substitute available was not enough rewarding for me too.

But don't let me start with it because then I would trigger mods attention (again...).

I suppose a larger pack would provide space for a Nespresso* machine
Maybe. My priority is having a battery operated massage gun in my pack as massage therapists are harder to find than open bars, noting that both are essential for my well-being during a Camino.

Just checked, my ULA Ultra Circuit is a 68l pack with only 963g of weight. No additional top/bottom possibilities. Just a front mesh where some further stuff packs or sleeping back can be stuffed in. I prefer a bigger pack for easier packing in the morning (goes faster, and is more silent).

There is enough space to throw all in, and maybe put the "heat stuff sack" (w. hat, sunglasses,...) or the "rain stuff sack" (w. Goretex jacket, Goretex gaiters,...) in the front mesh to grab that stuff when needed fast - without opening the backpack and that's it.

Probably this is luxury - hence the 68l - but I train my shoulders and hips for it... my luxury is that I carry a second pair of trail running shoes in my backpack. I have a normal pair of trailrunning shoes, and a second pair of Goretex trailrunning shoes for rainy days. So a 33l backpack wouldn't fit at all for me.

Yes: before I hike there is the "get the content down to the minimum" and there is the "I don't buy two glasses of marmalade and carry it 400km all along the road back home" rule.

EDIT: typos cured

Last edited:
I have to say I am enjoying all of the suggestions for alternative packs.
Whilst for the summer I can get away with my 23l daypack, normally I carry my Dueter 32. It also works brilliantly for the shoulder seasons. I used to own a 65 litre pack but recently gave it away. I got spoilt by the side and front pockets of both of my other packs, which my 65 didn't have. (Let alone the waist pockets of the Dueter).

However for the next thousand plus k's of my home to Santiago walk I will have to carry some additional Gear, so it's been really useful having the suggestions above, especially those that are approximately 50l. (I only need 40, I'm trying to future proof as well). Thanks all!

One spot left (female, shared room) on the Catalina Island hike. Sign up by Sept 17
Maybe. My priority is having a battery operated massage gun in my pack as massage therapists are harder to find than open bars, noting that both are essential for my well-being during a Camino.
Me too! 140g of nerve tingling bliss, wonderful aren't they?

@Sirage that is my personal opinion which i am entitled to have. I don’t really care what other people do with a larger backpack, that is up to them.

What massage gun do you have that weighs only 140g?
It's an older version of this one: Sanitas - made in Germany. Not so much a gun as a tens/ems/massager. Bought originally for lower back pain, now used for my dodgy left knee and for shoulder massage to keep carpal tunnel syndrome at bay - oh the joys of aging!

These are good too Pain Gone Pen for localised muscle pain and have the advantage of being able to be used through light clothing - 44g no batteries required.

It's an older version of this one: Sanitas - made in Germany. Not so much a gun as a tens/ems/massager. Bought originally for lower back pain, now used for my dodgy left knee and for shoulder massage to keep carpal tunnel syndrome at bay - oh the joys of aging!

These are good too Pain Gone Pen for localised muscle pain and have the advantage of being able to be used through light clothing - 44g no batteries required.
Thanks. Those a completely different from a massage gun though.

Most read last week in this forum

I’m trying to figure out carrying the things I want easily accessible and I know many people wear a waist pack in addition to their backpack, but that just seems uncomfortable to me. What I’d love...
I am sorry if this has been previously asked but I cannot find the answer… my question is: If I feel like I am carrying unnecessary things on the Camino (I am presently walking the Francis), is it...
Hi- amateur photographer here (who misspells things in post titles when not wearing glasses!!) and doing my first Camino starting next week (Frances from SJPP) and have been back and forth...
I'm plan to complete the Camino Frances in a final 2 week stint from Ponferrada to Santiago de Compostela. I'll need to wash clothes half way, which will probably be near Sarria. Does anyone know...
Is there anywhere in Santiago that I can donate a backpack, poncho, coolmax sleep liner, Finisterre guide book and an unused credential? I would like someone else to have use of them if possible - ta!
Kathmandu in 2015 made the perfect pair of hiking shorts and then they changed the design and made them all skinny. I have Polynesian tree trunk thighs so I don't want a fitted look. I want...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.