Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Thoughts on leaving Lisbon

Compass Chris

Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese (18)
Observations on the first day from Lisbon.
1) have €2pp in change if you want a credential from the cathedral, otherwise you'll wait longer until tills are manned.
2) You walk past a supermarket about 20mins after the cathedral
3) We turned off the path at Praca David Leandro da Silva and headed down to the river where the promenade takes you to the Parque Das Nacoes, which I highly recommend...
4) ... Containing a 20 min cable car ride and many cafes/restaurants (we went to Honest Greens (healthy-ish food at reasonable prices with a very relaxing outdoor seating area)
5) We left the path again at the bridge with the 138km marker to Fatima and headed through the housing district (to avoid N10, this bit a drag) to get to the Santa Iria Hotel (very comfortable, pool and buffet dinner, Lidl next-door)
Apart from the last hour, we really enjoyed the walk out if the city. Only met one group of three pilgrims.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
1) have €2pp in change if you want a credential from the cathedral, otherwise you'll wait longer until tills are manned.
3) We turned off the path at Praca David Leandro da Silva and headed down to the river where the promenade takes you to the Parque Das Nacoes, which I highly recommend...
4) ... Containing a 20 min cable car ride and many cafes/restaurants (we went to Honest Greens (healthy-ish food at reasonable prices with a very relaxing outdoor seating area)
5) We left the path again at the bridge with the 138km marker to Fatima and headed through the housing district (to avoid N10, this bit a drag) to get to the Santa Iria Hotel (very comfortable, pool and buffet dinner, Lidl next-door)
Apart from the last hour, we really enjoyed the walk out if the city. Only met one group of three pilgrims.
I am doing this walk in September, and your plan to leave the walk at the 138km sign sounds a good plan, have you any more details of this route please, as I have booked a room at the Vip executive hotel,thanks.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I am doing this walk in September, and your plan to leave the walk at the 138km sign sounds a good plan, have you any more details of this route please, as I have booked a room at the Vip executive hotel,thanks.
Hi Mike. I pretty much followed Google Maps. The walk is through a housing area, pavements until you turn right to go down the hill to the N10 - there's a pavement from there to the hotel. We followed the N10 to rejoin the route next day, there is a short narrow section, wear something bright!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240729_211752_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20240729_211752_Maps.jpg
    790.4 KB · Views: 5
Thanks for the great info! Will be three weeks behind you and will also stay at the VIP Executive Santa Iria. Planning to stick to the boardwalk, and have confidence an exit point (near Santa Iria) will provide a path from the river to the hotel. My wife and I would prefer the boardwalk, but good to note your path as an alternate option. Cheers.

Most read last week in this forum

Have I totally miscalculated my route...I'm.in villa de conde and have arranged to go to barcelos then onto ponte de Lima?
Hello all, I’m about to embark on my first Portuguese Camino! From Lisbon to Santiago de Compostela, 385.25 miles over 29 days of walking, but 31 days total because I’m giving myself an extra day...
I am currently on the Caminho Português Central. I discovered this place on my way to an albergue I had already booked. The owner Saimon is a very friendly guy and eager to host pilgrims at his...
I just finished Camino Portugués Central this summer and stayed in Albergaria Pinheiro's, I guess most of you have stayed this place. Thisi is the process of making this personalized "Sello" by him.
We are currently on the first day of the Portuguese Camino. At the Pilgrim’s office in Lisbon, they indicated that there was a gate now in between Vila Franca de Xira and Azambuja (2nd stage). Has...
I will be in Lisbon for a couple of weeks and will have some free days. I definitely will be walking the new river path from Sacavém, and I may be able to do as many as 6 or 7 day stages...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back