• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 74,075 Camino Questions

The Loudest Whistle

Time of past OR future Camino
(2017)
I marveled how clean the CF is, so many people so little impact. Now and again I'd find a lost glove,hat or fancy water bottle so I'd pick it up in hopes to return it to the owner. On one occasion I came across a hi-tech water bottle right in the middle of the path. It was a beautiful blue and there were two sets of women in front of me, I called out to them with no effect. So I used my stock whistle on my Osprey bag. Now I have blown this thing many times to the annoyance of my dear wife and it seemed loud but not on this day, the environment swallowed up the piercing blast. As I'm doing this a walker comes up next me, a NZ woman, later in life and she takes out her whistle that she bought in a store in Kiwi Land and she gave it a toot. She raised the dead with that thing!Those two groups of women who never heard my yells or Osprey whistle turned around on one blast.

I never got a picture of that whistle nor any maker name, the owner said it was just something she bought to please her kids as a way of defense.

I need that whistle!
Any 💡

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
It has this to say:
HyperWhistle, was born from a US Navy Officials request for a louder whistle that could be used by the flight launch crews on the decks of US Aircraft carriers, where idling jets are present and the ambient noise level exceeds 125 decibels.
But if it is too big to want to carry or too hard to blow then it may not be what you want to get.

It has this to say:
HyperWhistle, was born from a US Navy Officials request for a louder whistle that could be used by the flight launch crews on the decks of US Aircraft carriers, where idling jets are present and the ambient noise level exceeds 125 decibels.
But if it is too big to want to carry or too hard to blow then it may not be what you want to get.
That's certainly a BIG whistle.

This lady had it on a string around her neck. It really didn't look like much but when she blew it I'd guessing was 2x to 3x louder. My whistle seemed to get lost in the wind, same with my shouts, I'm glad I was only trying to get the attention for a water bottle. I wish I had known if they were wearing earpods which would add to the equation.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I have one that looks like this. I don't remember where I got it. It's very loud. I take it to rallies and protests and everyone around me jumps when I blast it.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi. I'm planning my CF next May/June from SJPDP. My base weight varies from 4,4 kg. (light version) to 4,7 kg. (medium-rare) to 5,1 (full Monty). I am very undecided as far as the backpack is...
Hi, I am looking into purchasing hiking shoes/boots which are not waterproof - I have looked into Hoka and Keen but would welcome any recommendations. Thank you in advance, Maryse
Could someone please clarify the difference between the H30 and J30? As I age I am thinking of trading in my trusty old 10 camino Ferrino Trekker (I don’t walk in hot weather, open zip at every...
I am doing the Francés Summer 2025. Is it worth ot bringing a lightweight sleeping pad? I will be in albergues and hostels. Also, is it recommended to bring a small backpack along with the...
I marveled how clean the CF is, so many people so little impact. Now and again I'd find a lost glove,hat or fancy water bottle so I'd pick it up in hopes to return it to the owner. On one occasion...

Featured threads

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Featured threads

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back