• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting Inglés soon - need to book?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
We are starting the Ingles soon, asking anybody who has recently completed it, if there is a need to book each day before arriving at each town?

@ChristelMarcAntwerp22 posted elsewhere that they came off the trail just a week ago, if they don't answer you could message them directly.

Please note I do not have recent experience as per your request, however the statistics show that the numbers on the Inglés are significantly higher this year, and the numbers always climb going into July.
As you are probably aware accommodation is very limited at Bruma, either book it now (if you still can), seriously consider staging around this pinch point , be prepared to race for one of the very limited (22) beds in the municipal albergue, or be ready to walk 10km more/get a taxi. A friend of mine had to walk on when she arrived at 11:30 last July only to find that the que already exceeded capacity. Both the nearby pension and hotel were completely booked out by pilgrims.
Last July there were numerous first hand reports from fellow pilgrims facing this exact scenario, with the increase in numbers I doubt very much that this situation will have improved !
(In fact, reports show this has already happened several times this year.)

I'm not trying to be an alarmist, this is a very well known pinch point.

Depending on how quickly you walk you may also want to book Pontedeume, as the Albergue is small and the cheaper pensions/hotels tend to go very quickly.

It's a wonderful trail, Buen Camino!

We are starting the Ingles soon, asking anybody who has recently completed it, if there is a need to book each day before arriving at each town?
Hi, happy for you to walk the Ingles soon!
As Peter said we returned just last week, had a wonderfull time, we booked ahead as we are using luggage transfer, this might not be the kind of camino you want to do.
We also did a slow camino, 8 stages which allowed us to enjoy the trail intensly. Whatever your stages are, suggest to include Pontedeume which is a real gem.
We avoided Bruma by staying off route at a casa rurale between Betanzos and Bruma, around Beche, day 5 from there to Ordes at another casa, worked fine,
Buen Camino!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
My wife and I did the C. Ingles as our first camino. We did it Last May 16-22. Being our first camino, we pre-booked our accomodations as we didn't want to worry about beds. It turned out to be a great decision because we were slow walkers in our late 50's, little preparation for the accents (because we live in a flat community), and had rain the entire 6 days.

At Bruma, there were only 2 albergues, a municipal and a private one. Very glad we booked the private one because we had a room waiting for us after a long climb from Betanzos.

We found services to be lacking or few along the stages. Ran out of water I had to knock on a house to refill our 1.5 liter bottles.

So in answer to your question... really depends on your comfort level (or anxiety of not knowing if you have a bed), pace and experience level. Buen Camino

Btw, since we had a week to spare, we decided to do the Vigo variant of the C.Portuguese after 2 days rest in SDC. That 100 km walk turnout to be relatively easier and pleasant when compared to C.ingles. I even had the time to get a haircut at Caldas de Reis! 😀

Hi. We are on the Camino now, in Mino. We plan for 8 days and have prebooked due to my partners knee problems. Maybe it is because we start off in the morning after the albergues close, but we have so far only seen a few pilgrims. Good luck!

Hi. We are on the Camino now, in Mino. We plan for 8 days and have prebooked due to my partners knee problems. Maybe it is because we start off in the morning after the albergues close, but we have so far only seen a few pilgrims. Good
Did 8 stages too because my wife had a knee replacement and it went wonderfully well!
We never had a busy feeling, also only few pilgrims and a busload of Spanisch piligrims we kept meeting, very nice people.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
No...... i started the Ingles 3 days ago following a sudden change of plan when San Cilrao up at the Ruta De Mar. I will be in Santigo tommorrow. I booked the evening before on every occasion.

Accomation in Ferrol, Pontedueme, Betanzos is easy , i did not stay in Albergues and spent on average 60 euro ls a night for private room. I would highly recommend Hotel Camino.Du Eume in Pontedueme and the Hotel Portico in Bezantos. In Hospital.De Bruna there is also a small 3 bed bungalow that rents by the room, basic but fine, called the Asina 30 euros a night, just whats app the owner, as well as the private and municiple albergues. The private albergue is good, my amigo stayed there.

In santiago i am staying the Setes...... for 2 nights at 103 euros a night as a treat. Whilst i appeciate this not cheap it has been great experience. There are lots of folk on the Ingles.....30 to 40 on walk i see and chat to on the walk, cafes, bars.......

Like me with Jen from Tapiei, Jon from Holland and Roberto italian,.it is not quiet. Here we are at the 100k......ps..... i had never met them before Ferrol.

Buen Camino

Attachments

• IMG-20240614-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20240614-WA0005.jpg
    340.5 KB · Views: 11
I walked last June. We were a family group of 6 and never booked ahead. We avoided Bruma by walking a short day from Bezantos and staying at Presedo. From there we walked on past Bruma to the lovely new albergue at O Poulo. It was very large and almost empty.
There was a very good restaurant next door.

No...... i started the Ingles 3 days ago following a sudden change of plan when San Cilrao up at the Ruta De Mar. I will be in Santigo tommorrow. I booked the evening before on every occasion.

Accomation in Ferrol, Pontedueme, Betanzos is easy , i did not stay in Albergues and spent on average 60 euro ls a night for private room. I would highly recommend Hotel Camino.Du Eume in Pontedueme and the Hotel Portico in Bezantos. In Hospital.De Bruna there is also a small 3 bed bungalow that rents by the room, basic but fine, called the Asina 30 euros a night, just whats app the owner, as well as the private and municiple albergues. The private albergue is good, my amigo stayed there.

In santiago i am staying the Setes...... for 2 nights at 103 euros a night as a treat. Whilst i appeciate this not cheap it has been great experience. There are lots of folk on the Ingles.....30 to 40 on walk i see and chat to on the walk, cafes, bars.......

Like me with Jen from Tapiei, Jon from Holland and Roberto italian,.it is not quiet. Here we are at the 100k......ps..... i had never met them before Ferrol.

Buen Camino
Hello. Why did you have the change of plans on the Ruta do Mar? My wife and I plan to do the Ruta do Mar in September.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Just finished walking Ingles from Ferrol with my Wife. We did it in 5 days and arrived in Santiago on September 5th. FANTASTIC experience. I look forward to doing this route again someday. We...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back