• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

St James's Day 2024

Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2006, CP 2013, Salvador2017,
Inglés 2019
For those who might like to attend or view a liturgy celebrating St James, in Dublin, Ireland.
I suggest this for any member who might not be close to a St James' church and would like to participate in a celebration. Of course there will be plenty more on the actual feast day, 25th...
When: Sunday 28th July.
Where: St James's church, Dublin 8
Time: 11am. Dublin time (Ok, GMT!)
Streamed link: stjamesparish.ie
Select webcam, then follow your nose to the livestream, or if you are out of real time, recordings.
Perhaps other forum members would like to share links to liturgies in their own localities...
The Cathedral in Santiago will certainly have their usual transmissions, for those who like to hope for a sight of the Botafumeiro.
Happy Feast, in advance.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Thank you for the notification. As alot of people reading your post may live in various time zones, I feel I must correct your time
Local time in Dublin now is not GMT.
Clocks were changed to Daylight Saving Time, which is one hour ahead of GMT,on the 31st Mar 24 . So just to clarify if someone is using GMT to work out the time to tune in it would be 10:00 am. GMT.

BST would be the correct term I suppose.

British Summer Time.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I have no idea what to say now. Except this: at 11am in Dublin on 28th July 2024 a mass will happen and be transmitted via a streamed link for anyone anywhere in real time. It may also be recorded. You can check whatever online resource to relate Dublin time to time in other jurisdictions. 😇 Good luck.

Last edited:
Thank you for the notification. As alot of people reading your post may live in various time zones, I feel I must correct your time
Local time in Dublin now is not GMT.
Clocks were changed to Daylight Saving Time, which is one hour ahead of GMT,on the 31st Mar 24 . So just to clarify if someone is using GMT to work out the time to tune in it would be 10:00 am. GMT.
Truth is, nobody actually uses GMT for legal time these days.

Local time is based against UTC, which is usually variant from GMT proper by a few seconds at any given time.

Zulu, UTC and GMT are all the same .. It only gets confusing for me when we start mentioning BST or when some other countries go into daylight savings.

Thanks tho @Kirkie a reminder that this is the Church where my grandfather and his tribe were baptized and some got married at :)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.