• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Short beach trip after completing the Camino route

8inchestall

Time of past OR future Camino
august 2024
hi all! I am heading to camino de santiago in august (doing the last 100k) and after 4 days of walking i'd love to end my trip to spain relaxing on a beach. My question is, which beach is the easiest to get to by public transport? I was looking at O Grove which is my preferred choice but they only seem to do 2 busses a day, i'll miss the first one and the last one is a bit too late to travel.

any tips on recommended beaches and easy ways to get there (that don't include a 100 euro taxi) would be amazing.

thank you!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Love the post-Camino beach vacation! Both Finisterre and Muxia have decent beaches for swimming/wading (NOT the ones facing the open sea, but actually on the inside coves protected from the currents). They are not fabulous, instagramable spots, but they are nice, easy to reach, and uncrowded.

One of the easiest beach destinations to reach is A Coruña. It's only half an hour by train from Santiago.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
hi all! I am heading to camino de santiago in august (doing the last 100k) and after 4 days of walking i'd love to end my trip to spain relaxing on a beach. My question is, which beach is the easiest to get to by public transport? I was looking at O Grove which is my preferred choice but they only seem to do 2 busses a day, i'll miss the first one and the last one is a bit too late to travel.

any tips on recommended beaches and easy ways to get there (that don't include a 100 euro taxi) would be amazing.

thank you!
Noia or A Coruña or Finisterre if ending in Santiago

<PMFJI>
If, but really if, you have the time and ressources I would highly recommend the cheap 3,5h trip by bus (5 to 7 connections daily) down to Porto with it's lovely beaches.
Stay a night or two and fly home from Porto. There should be plenty of possible connections from Porto.

Did this (for 3 days) after my Camino Portuguese and I really enjoyed it.

OP: what airport are you flying home from? That really changes what the recommendations would be

Learn proper bathroom protocol on the Camino and share this info with other pilgrims.

thank you!
1/2 hour train ride to A Coruna. Lovely town and very nice beaches.

thank you!
If you have a couple of days, A Coruña has a great beach. The beach water is COLD but worth a wade in. There is also the remains of a fort that is worth a look, by the marina. Take the time to walk around the town & definitely tour the Torre de Hercules. A Coruña is about a 30 minute walk from the train station into town. Make a reservation for the night at least the day before so you have a place to leave your pack while you tour around & go to the beach, or better yet, take a day pack with overnight clothing, if you can store your backpack somewhere in Santiago. Enjoy!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thank you all for the replies so far. I will have a proper read through tonight!

OP: what airport are you flying home from? That really changes what the recommendations would be
I have currently left it open for now (just booked a one way flight to Santiago to start the hike).

My initial plan was to have somewhere near(ish) santiago compostela by public transport so I could fly home (to london) from there but i'm very open to suggestions. I guess my main request is that it's somewhere I can easily navigate by public transport. Thank you!

<PMFJI>
If, but really if, you have the time and ressources I would highly recommend the cheap 3,5h trip by bus (5 to 7 connections daily) down to Porto with it's lovely beaches.
Stay a night or two and fly home from Porto. There should be plenty of possible connections from Porto.

Did this (for 3 days) after my Camino Portuguese and I really enjoyed it.
I would absolutely go to Porto however I am already going to be spending a few days there in October so wanted to try somewhere different :)

Love the post-Camino beach vacation! Both Finisterre and Muxia have decent beaches for swimming/wading (NOT the ones facing the open sea, but actually on the inside coves protected from the currents). They are not fabulous, instagramable spots, but they are nice, easy to reach, and uncrowded.
would you be able to share some specific locations for hidden alcoves? and also tips on how to get there (bus/train) etc thanks!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Phil and I are in Alaska on a 3 month long camping adventure and we keep meeting Camino pilgrims or people who want to be Camino pilgrims. We have a shell sticker on our pickup topper window...
I am going to fly back from Santander. I would like to take the FEVE along the coast from A Coruna or Ferol to Santander. Previously when I have asked RENFE staff about FEVE I have drawn a blank...
Hi, has anyone here stayed at Hostelfly? It looks walkable from T2. Or is it very busy roads with no sidewalks? My flight arrives late afternoon, then thinking of getting the Alsa bus next...
Hi Everyone New to this forum and appreciating it. I arrive in Bilbao on 28th August at around 9.30 am and planning to get to SJPD in one day. The alternatives, I've researched so far include a...
I'm just about to start my journey tomorrow 25th June flying into Bilbao which arrives in the afternoon hope to out of the airport by 3/30pm . Planning to catch a coach a from Bilbao via San...
Hello, my name is Stephanie and I will walk my first Camino Sept. I’m having difficulty finding trains from Santiago once I am done to get back to Lisbon. Thoughts??

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back