Recent winter experience in Oseira?

Anamya

Keeping it simple
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (2015)
Portugues (2017)
Lebaniego (2019)
Hi everyone!
I may have the opportunity to go on Camino on the last week of January 2025 and seriously considering the Sanabres.

I've read many posts and researched about the weather. Still, does anyone have information on how does it feel in the new albergue at Oseira in winter? How cold is it? I read they have heated floors, but do they have blankets? How does it feel?

I usually walk with a very light pack and use a liner, so adding a sleeping bag would require some extra trainning for the weight (besides purchasing a sleeping bag 😅).

Thanks in advance!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I think in January, I would want at least a light down or synthetic bag. I walked from Sarria and also spent a night in Muxia in January this year and I know from winter hospitalero experience the heat is often turned down at night in albergues.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

This afternoon I arrived in Zamora 🇪🇸 to start the Vía de la Plata/Sanabrés to Santiago de Compostela. This will be a test for my new hip which I received in March🚶🏼‍♀️👟 🎒. I've walked this...
My first Camino is due at the end of August, an old dream comes true. I'm retired, I have time already. For a long while I insisted going to the CF. As I learned more - especially on this forum...
So I’ve been doing alot of research on the VDLP. A long long walk :) My friends friend finished the VDLP on March 28 of this year and stayed about 12 kms from Santiago. Is that a good distance or...
Hi everyone! I may have the opportunity to go on Camino on the last week of January 2025 and seriously considering the Sanabres. I've read many posts and researched about the weather. Still, does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back