• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Santiago to Madrid Trains in October?

susanposton

Time of past OR future Camino
September 2024
I am trying to find a train back to Madrid in October. I've looked at Rome to Rio, Omio, and the Renfre train website. Is it possible that there will be no trains in October? :)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
No, they are not yet for sale. Keep checking every few days.
No, they are not yet for sale. Keep checking every few days.
Correct - I had a similar concern on a prior year. They don’t open tix up for sale until at earliest 45 or maybe 30 days before. You will find a ticket!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Correct - I had a similar concern on a prior year. They don’t open tix up for sale until at earliest 45 or maybe 30 days before. You will find a ticket!
That has been my experience, as well. The fastest, direct train offered each day seems to sell out fast, so check often.

I am trying to find a train back to Madrid in October. I've looked at Rome to Rio, Omio, and the Renfre train website. Is it possible that there will be no trains in October? :)
Hi, I’ve booked my ticket to Madrid with Ninja rail. They take the booking and then buy the ticket when they become available. I’m new so there might be others who could comment.

Hi, I’ve booked my ticket to Madrid with Ninja rail. They take the booking and then buy the ticket when they become available. I’m new so there might be others who could comment.
Sounds like an interesting, potential option. Did you have to pay ahead or is Ninja more a "watch" service?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
08Oct
05:40
3 h 5 m
08:45
Santiago de Compostela stationChamartin
Train with 1 change
Train #09051|04054
Renfe
Avant
$103 for 1 passengerfrom $103
Select Seats

08Oct
07:06
3 h 26 m
10:32
Express train
Train #04664
Renfe
AVLO
$83 for 1 passengerfrom $83
Select Seats

08Oct
07:40
3 h 54 m
11:34
High-speed train
Train #04064
Renfe
Alvia
$115 for 1 passengerfrom $115
Select Seats

08Oct
10:34
3 h
13:34
Bullet train
Train #04454
Renfe
AVE
$143 for 1 passengerfrom $143
Select Seats

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
08Oct
05:40
3 h 5 m
08:45
Train with 1 change
Train #09051|04054
Renfe
Avant
$103 for 1 passengerfrom $103
Select Seats

08Oct
07:06
3 h 26 m
10:32
Express train
Train #04664
Renfe
AVLO
$83 for 1 passengerfrom $83
Select Seats

08Oct
07:40
3 h 54 m
11:34
High-speed train
Train #04064
Renfe
Alvia
$115 for 1 passengerfrom $115
Select Seats

08Oct
10:34
3 h
13:34
Bullet train
Train #04454
Renfe
AVE
$143 for 1 passengerfrom $143
Select Seats
Thank you!

It will be good hear your experience. Another pilgrim used them a while back with a poor outcome. Let us know how it goes.

Most read last week in this forum

Does anyone know what or why the RENFE website is NOT listing any train service from MADRID to LEON (or onward to OVIEDO) after October 9?? I am trying to travel from Madrid to Oviedo (via Leon)...
So annoying! I booked the train in June ready for travelling tomorrow and I got this message yesterday. It seems the 15:20 train I was booked on from Bayonne to SJDP tomorrow has been cancelled. I...
I hope I am posting this in the right subject section. My annual multi-trip travel insurance has a limit on the duration of any one trip of 45 days. Any claim must include evidence of departure...
Hi , I’ll be travelling from Madrid Charmartin to Sarria on Oct2024 to start my first Camino! And when I search the information in the forums find that the train from Ourense to Sarria is under...
Two Trains SNCF at 6am and 8am from Bayonne to SJPdeP got cancelled 12.09 . And we are going to start our France tomorrow 12.09, maybe someone has the same problem and wants to share taxi in the...
Hope I am posting at the right place -- five of us will complete the Camino and plan to rent a car, drive to Tui, then drop off the car there, and walk aross the bridge to Vanlensa and pick up a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back