• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Route planning issues

GustheGreat

Time of past OR future Camino
Sept 24
Hi, so have tried this on many apps wise and buen camino etc but still left feeling really dumb. Am doing the Portuguese Camino on Sept 1st starting from valenca to Pontevedra then switching to espiritual, have all my accommodations booked, so all I want to do is enter all my stops and then press go and then see all the stops on the same map with all distances between, please help me someone 😂

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Try the planner here.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi, so have tried this on many apps wise and buen camino etc but still left feeling really dumb. Am doing the Portuguese Camino on Sept 1st starting from valenca to Pontevedra then switching to espiritual, have all my accommodations booked, so all I want to do is enter all my stops and then press go and then see all the stops on the same map with all distances between, please help me someone 😂
I like Camino Ninja for route planning. You would have to use Camino Portuguese Central for Valença to Pontevedra and the switch to Variant Espiritual. You can easily see all the distances.

Buen Camino and based on your profile photo you will without a doubt be the best dressed pilgrim since the Kings were carried!!!!! ;) I will walk the Variante this year and I am sure you will love it. Hope you let us know your experience on it.

Warning: I am just finishing Camino Portugues today, the main route not Espitual.
However my warning is not based on the route nor the accommodation, but the reliance on phone based technological solutions and over dependency on them.

As a solo walker on the route, I got a real scare when I discovered one night that my phone wouldn't charge. Suddenly the USB cable wouldn't seat properly into the phone and neither my AC psu nor my emergency power pack would recharge my phone.
I was looking at a major disaster, very frugal use of phone, reserving and preserving what little charge there was for essentials only - such as access to money and checking in for return flight home.

Fortunately as a retired engineer in my 70s, despite having worked in the computer industry for my career and having owned a mobile phone since they were the size and weight of a house brick, I wouldn't dream of making a journey like the Camino with a Single Point of Failure.

Of course I took, and mostly used a paper map. Books purchased (from Ivar of couse) which have been hacked into separate pages using a sharp knife to only take the relevant pages (I was only going from Porto). Each night was a ritual to select just the few pages for the next day (the majority sealed in a zip lock bag in case of rain.
At least my Camino wasn't over, I could complete the route as planned, although my family would be out of contact and wouldn't have any idea where I was.

Further careful analysis with my (separate) torch discovered the cause of the problem with the phone USB socket - a small seed stuck inside.
A bit of whittling of a wooden toothpick with my trusty penknife created a tool to safely persuade the seed to "get outta town" and normal service was restored.
The experience taught me a valuable lesson, and I improvised a cover for the socket to prevent a recurrence.
Give me a paper map everything, either as backup or in this case as the primary method allowing me more time to enjoy the journey instead of staring at a phone screen.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
so all I want to do is enter all my stops and then press go and then see all the stops on the same map with all distances between,
I forgot to mention that the Wise Pilgrim app won't do exactly what you want. I haven't found a Camino app that works exactly that way. But since you have all of your accommodations booked does it matter? Each day just follow the map to your destination. I assume that you already calculated the distances before you made your bookings.

Buen Camino and based on your profile photo you will without a doubt be the best dressed pilgrim since the Kings were carried!!!!! ;) I will walk the Variante this year and I am sure you will love it. Hope you let us know your experience on it.
Gus is the Pilgrim at the Albergue door
His name, as I ought to have told you before
Is really Asparagus, but that's such a fuss
to pronounce
That we usually call him just Gus

🤣

Hi Gus I dont think Buen Camino is wired to 'combine' 2 different routes. So you might have to creeate your own itinerary on one (the one you'll be using 1st) and then at some point switch to the 2nd one and do your way points all over. Again I dont recall.... perhaps you can actually work that ahead of the time and save your itineraries
Good luck

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.