• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Detour to Cambados on the EV

tropipack

Time of past OR future Camino
September 2024
Hi all! I'm months away from my trip, but reading and learning more and more everyday. I wanted to clarify something and hope that someone has the answer for me.

I've changed things up a bit. I am now starting my walk in Vigo, then in Pontevedra taking the EV. After the climb to Armenteira, I am going to Cambados for a night, then on to Vilanova de Arousa. Will this affect me getting my Compostela??

Day 1 - Vigo to Redondela
Day 2 - Redondela to Arcade
Day 3 - Arcade to Pontevedra
Day 4 - Pontevedra to Combarro
Day 5 - Combarro to Armenteira
Day 6 - Armenteira to Cambados
Day 7 - Cambados to Vilanova de Arousa
Day 8 - Vilanova de Arousa to Padron (Boat then walk)
Day 9 - Padron to Teo
Day 10 Teo to Santiago

Is this detour going to be kms that are not counted as it's not an official route? It would be a shame to not get the Compostela after doing the walk. Normally, people would walk from Armenteira straight to Vilanova de Arousa, so I'm not skipping a stop, just visiting one more town before one on the route? But I will be walking a stretch of this that may not be the "official way". Given it's barely over 100km, I don't want them to say the distance certificate says I only did 98km because some of them "didn't count".

Much appreciate all the help!
Chris

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
If you're starting in Vigo and walking to Santiago, it's counted as 100km, so you'll be fine. Any additional kilometres you walk on the EV aren't counted... your distance certificate, if you want one, will say 100km.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back