• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Refrigerated medicine Transport services

MTtoCamino

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Francis SJPdP to Finnestere April(2014)
Does anyone know if the bag transport companies could keep & maintain a refrigerated drug & deliver it every 7 days?

For Arthritis

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Not a service I’ve seen offered on any of the common providers websites. I’d think the logistics are way beyond anything they could offer. They mostly use “one-hop” drivers between the common stages and have total distance limits. I can’t see how they could maintain medical standard refrigeration and then deliver to the far end of a seven day hop.

Depending on the medication you may do better to research fulfilling a prescription at appropriate intervals.

There are several threads on traveling / obtaining insulin en route and, as I recall, other medications requiring specific storages.

I don’t think it’s a responsibility the carriers are prepared to accept.

Edit: good luck!

Catagorically, no.

It’s a question which has been posed several times before - the follow-up being ‘is there a suitable refrigerated container I can carry’ to which, regrettably the answer has usually been ‘no’ - although I recall someone came up with a double-flask which could be topped up with ice.

You could conceivably buy a cool-box and have it transported; but it would be at your risk.

If it’s a commonly available medicine you need, you might look at the possibility of having a prescription filled in Spain: in which case I’d seek advice from your embassy, not a random poster on here.

You may well be surprised by the cost of medicine in Europe compared to the US.

Keep the Camino momentum going once you return home with After the Camino

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum

I have walked the CF from SJPDP to SDC twice (2023 & 2024). I stayed mostly in municipal albergues. Both times I became ill with respiratory infection about 2 weeks into the walk. I'm a nurse, so...
Hi Peregrinas/osđŸ™ŒđŸŒ Presently on a rest day in Astorga- good thing bc I woke up with asthma symptoms
 Ventolin helping a bit. Waiting for guidance from my asthma nurse back home & will see what I...
I have spoken to 4 people in the last 2 days who have bed bug bites. One in Lisbon and the others on the coastal route. I was severely bitten at the Caruma Surf Hostel. When I asked for a refund -...
Does anyone know if the bag transport companies could keep & maintain a refrigerated drug & deliver it every 7 days? For Arthritis

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back