Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Numbers and Demographics on the Primitivo right now

David Tallan

Staff member
Time of past OR future Camino
1989, 2016, 2018, 2023, 2024...
There have been a few posts recently wondering how solitary the Primitivo is, and whether one is liable to meet any young people on it. Folks at El Oasis Primitivo donativo stand have been taking photos of pilgrims visiting their stand and sharing them on Facebook (with their knowledge and consent - so it doesn't fall afoul of Rule #12 even by link). I thought I would share today's post, which should be visible to everyone, not just Facebook users, so people can get an idea of what one day's traffic looks like. Obviously people who did not stop there or didn't consent to their photos being taken and shared are not included.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Since I don't use most social media, care to summarize? And where is this stand? Gondar?
Must be the one at Gondar, there's no other stand on the whole Primitivo.

I hadn't intended stopping there but I was called in by some people that I knew. Friendly folk running the place.
They were dishing out watermelon when I went through: I can't stand the stuff, try explaining that when you don't speak Spanish.....
It's possible to view the post without being a Facebook member. Just X out of the log in screen, and ignore the prompts to log in or sign up at the bottom of the screen.
Even doing that I can only view a few photos. The screen says 16 + photos but when I try and view them it just tells me to login, xing out doesn't help.

I guess it would be of more interest to anyone that uses Facebook.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
What the photos show goes to the original post. Large numbers of young people happily enjoying the Primitivo.
::🤷::Ok.

Thanks, all.
That station was a lifesaver for me, checking my FindPenguins log against my memory. My stomach had been upset, so I wasn't carrying or eating enough to get me the 30kms from O Cadavo to Lugo. The gentleman running the stand had apples and pears from his own orchard, plus watermelon and oranges. I remember him taking a selfie, but since he never got my name, I wasn't worried about him tagging the photos. He did ask permission before talking the selfie...

Most read last week in this forum

Is Luggage Transfer service available on Camino Primitivo, e.g., Jacotrans, Pilbeo? Thanks!
Hello everyone. For my first night in the Primitivo, can you recoomend a nice and friendly albergue in Oviedo? Shared room or a private room, both will be okay. Thanks!
Hey everyone. Is there a good application with all the details of the trail for the Camino Primitivo? Thank you!
This week I start Oviedo > SdC, with 12 days to do it. And I'd love to take a zero day in Lugo... so 11 days of walking. I'm fit and have past Camino experience. For those that have walked Oviedo...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back