This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

LIVE from the Camino My first evening

mlippeck

Time of past OR future Camino
Plan: 09.08.2024 from Irun
I just fell to post this. I am there.
I arrived today at Hendaye, walked over to Irun, rested some minutes and felt I needed to move. So I took a walk to Hondarribia. It was very crowded. I didn't feel I want to have dinner there.
But I loved the smell of the city. Smells like freedom.
On my way back to Irun I found a small bar in an domestic area. They had good beer, only locals there and me. I had good food and it was cheap.
A great start.
Tomorrow I will officially start my Camino...not nervous, but exited to the max.
Bien Camino to all. See you there.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
You'll have a wonderful time enjoy!! First day is tough but rewarding as you start to see beautiful San Sebastian in the distance! Take your time on the first day. Once you get over the first climb/crawl out of Irun its manageable. Watch out for all the little detours on the way especially Flysch Coastline outside Zumaia and the coastal route out of Santander. Soak it all up! Im jealous

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Buen Camino.
I will avidly follow your progress as I will be starting my 2nd Camino from Irun next August/ September after completing my first on the Francés last year.
Go well!

Last edited:
Ah that’s a good read, I will be starting tomorrow from Lourdes. Heading towards del Norte, so I’ll be 2 weeks behind you somewhat!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum