• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Man exposing himself between Sarria and Vilei

NBN

Time of past OR future Camino
While walking from Sarria to Vilei a man in his 50ies twice exposed himself. First looked like he was taking a dump next to the road, which I found strange, but ignored and walked quickly past. Then he passed me in his grey, older stationcar and drowe off. This was just outside Sarria before entering the path towards Vilei. 2 km later he sits there again with his pants down and crouching. As I make the turn he gets up flashing him self while starring at me with a goofy face. As I recognized him I felt very uncomfortable. This time I shouted at him and quickly turned around running back to Sarria while being really angry that he proved what I keep convincing myself is an irrational fear for walking alone. I ran in to workers by the railroad who called the police. They were there in 5 minutes. They took a report and drove me to a albergue. The told me to always call 112 if anything happens as they can track your location and send help.
What can I say. I want to say it’s after all harmless, but it’s just very uncomfortable and really disgusting to be dragged in to a strangers sexual perversion. So tomorrow I will walk with people in sight at least 🧡

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Especially if you are a hiker, pilgrim, want to be Pilgrim, anybody that really enjoys the outdoors and hiking PLEASE heed the following... I am a soon to be 77-year-old male, healthy and in...
I downloaded the AlertCops app onto my phone last year. Will it still work automatically this year or do I need to do something to update it? Thanks.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back