• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Madrid to Santiago

Enzed

Time of past OR future Camino
Porto to Santiago (2020)
Just day dreaming of future journeys, how's the journey from Madrid, French, invernio to Santiago?
Thanks

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
Just day dreaming of future journeys, how's the journey from Madrid, French, invernio to Santiago?
Thanks
Good very doable, Inverano a little a little quieter after French. Madrid also good and quieter. All well weymarked and enough infrastructure. Good luck

Okay, sounds positive.
When I do get the chance to travel solo again, I'll be craving a long camino, and how cool would it be to fly into Madrid and just start walking!

Last edited:
Okay, sounds positive.
When I do get the chance to travel solo again, I'll be craving a long camino, and how cool would it be to fly into Madrid and just start walking!
It really isn't a long camino. About 320K.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
It really isn't a long camino. About 320K.
By the time I reach Santiago, should be long enough.:).
Anyhow, 320Km is a fair distance, long enough to impress my less-active work colleagues.

But, who am I kidding, the way life is right now, I'm not fussy, show me some yellow arrows and I'll be content....

Buen Camino.

Last edited:
Okay, sounds positive.
That's what I did last year more or less, although with a slightly different route: Madrid, a bit of the Frances, Salvador, Primitivo. I didn't try walking from the airport, though. I took the Metro into Madrid and walked from the front door of where I used to live in that city.

By the time I reach Santiago, should be long enough.:).
Anyhow, 320Km is a fair distance, long enough to impress my less-active work colleagues.

But, who am I kidding, the way life is right now, I'm not fussy, show me some yellow arrows and I'll be content....

Buen Camino.
It is 320km to Sahagun. Longer if you keep walking to Santiago. By the time I was done last year (I walked on to Finisterre/Muxia), it was more like a 1000km (starting in the south end of Madrid, with a few detours along the way).

A selection of Camino Jewellery

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.