• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Kilometre markers

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Why do they put the kilometer markers where they do, for example 301.1 km, and as 300km was over an hours walk away, are these people messing with my mind
Keeping you alert 🤣 & on your toes …
Good to see them though even if not spot on., especially when there is a fork in the road.

Why do they put the kilometer markers where they do, for example 301.1 km, and as 300km was over an hours walk away, are these people messing with my mind
They are known as Mojones: not a far step in the evolution of language from Mahone as in pogue mahone. There actual purpose escapes me but I guess they’re an excellent method of using up an embarrassing surplus of faux marble and scrap bronze while appearing to do something useful.

It’s the ones standing proudly by the side of a dead straight track from which there is no possible deviation or diversion that make me chuckle most. Especially the ones that tell me I am precisely 307.357km from nowhere in particular (not including side-trips).

A selection of Camino Jewellery
They are known as Mojones: not a far step in the evolution of language from Mahone as in pogue mahone. There actual purpose escapes me but I guess they’re an excellent method of using up an embarrassing surplus of faux marble and scrap bronze while appearing to do something useful.

It’s the ones standing proudly by the side of a dead straight track from which there is no possible deviation or diversion that make me chuckle most. Especially the ones that tell me I am precisely 307.357km from nowhere in particular (not including side-trips).
However when one suggests the dead simple (and dead accurate) alternative/cross check of Google SatNav directions one is told that "you can't go wrong with the markers"

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hey everyone… I just want to check with you about a very strange situation I just had… or there is an explanation for that… It was 11:15 am (10 min ago) and I was at La Portela de Vlacarce. Small...
Hi, this might be a strange question but just wandering how much cash should you bring with you on the Camino?? Thanks
If you have given thought to begin or end your Camino in Barcelona--Tourist taxes and a ban on Short Term Rentals...
Dont question the why.. The reasons are a million or more than the stars in the sky Its simply you were needed"there" at that point in time and place Fate and destiny Shrug and sigh Whats it all...
Hey everyone, wondering what everyone does for cell service while on the Camino. I am coming from the US and last time I was in EU I got a free mobile plan for cheap but cancelling the plan was a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back