• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Greek connections

RowenaH

Time of past OR future Camino
Portugues 2024
Hello! I walked the Portuguese this year and had the most amazing walking and spiritual journey. I have become fascinated with the topic of Pilgrimage and bought lots of books which I am devouring. But I live in Greece (which the via Egnatia passes through!) but I would love to connect with any people or associations in Greece. I am new to the religious aspect so untangling what Greek orthodox thought of Pilgrimage. If anyone wants to connect please get in touch.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hello! I walked the Portuguese this year and had the most amazing walking and spiritual journey. I have become fascinated with the topic of Pilgrimage and bought lots of books which I am devouring. But I live in Greece (which the via Egnatia passes through!) but I would love to connect with any people or associations in Greece. I am new to the religious aspect so untangling what Greek orthodox thought of Pilgrimage. If anyone wants to connect please get in touch.
Having completed two Caminos, I can say very few Greeks have passed through. I guide a walking group on Skopelos where I have lived for 40 years and all my local guys now know about it and really want to go. The tickets from Athens though are not direct or well priced.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Having completed two Caminos, I can say very few Greeks have passed through. I guide a walking group on Skopelos where I have lived for 40 years and all my local guys now know about it and really want to go. The tickets from Athens though are not direct or well priced.
Yassas - nice to meet you! Are you in Skopelos all year round? I will check it out for hiking. Have you walked any of the Egnatia through Greece? What Camino routes did you do? 😊

Ya sou patrioti. I’ve done a few camino hikes in France, Spain and Portugal. I did hear about a monk who did pilgrimages in Greece and lived in hollow tree trunks along the way. One of these trees is preserved in his honour. Unfortunately I can’t remember the monks name. The nearest thing we have to the camino in Greece is Mount Athos. I’m sure you know about that one. You can hike from one monastery to another, short hikes of course and overall not as long. But it’s spectacularly beautiful. Men only, of course. I have met very few pilgrims from Greece on any of the Camino’s. Two, to be precise, a young couple from Athens, last year, on the Frances. Otherwise, I’ve often been told I am the first and only pilgrim of Greek origin to stay at such and such a hostel. Odd but true, that’s what I’ve been told.

Found it, here it is: https://greekcitytimes.com/2017/06/...small-church-honouring-monk-from-mount-athos/

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello! I walked the Portuguese this year and had the most amazing walking and spiritual journey. I have become fascinated with the topic of Pilgrimage and bought lots of books which I am...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back