• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 74,075 Camino Questions

Jacotrans- Much Appreciated

Philrumming

Time of past OR future Camino
Sept. / Oct. 2024- Francés (started at Pamplona)
Jacotrans made our 713km French Camino (started at Pamplona) so much more comfortable. They were very reliable and our gear always arrived in the same condition that we dropped it off. Additionally, at locations where we stayed at air b&b or apartments: jacotrans was able to let us direct our bag to a hostel or Pensión nearby for easy retrieval (we had to call them in these cases: and they were able to work with us speaking English). Excellent service; highly recommended while doing the French Way Camino.

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
Jacotrans made our 713km French Camino (started at Pamplona) so much more comfortable. They were very reliable and our gear always arrived in the same condition that we dropped it off. Additionally, at locations where we stayed at air b&b or apartments: jacotrans was able to let us direct our bag to a hostel or Pensión nearby for easy retrieval (we had to call them in these cases: and they were able to work with us speaking English). Excellent service; highly recommended while doing the French Way Camino.
Ive always had good service from them too.

The 2025 edition of the Lightfoot Guide to the via Podiensis is now available
our gear always arrived in the same condition that we dropped it off.
Bad service! I would expect it to be in a much newer condition 😁
Glad to hear it

Additionally, at locations where we stayed at air b&b or apartments: jacotrans was able to let us direct our bag to a hostel or Pensión nearby for easy retrieval
Ah.. that one is where some folks have "an issue" - this puts an undue burden on hospitaleros of the albergue who has to perhaps shlep the luggage or somewhat even be responsible for it all the while when the owner of said luggage is not staying there.....

Bad service! I would expect it to be in a much newer condition 😁
Glad to hear it

Ah.. that one is where some folks have "an issue" - this puts an undue burden on hospitaleros of the albergue who has to perhaps shlep the luggage or somewhat even be responsible for it all the while when the owner of said luggage is not staying there.....
Many of the hostals / pensions / albergues Jacotrans had us ship our bag to in these cases charged a small fee for pick-up and / or drop-off which we thought was completely reasonable (Jacotrans also advised when this was the case). Where we weren't charged, we offered money for the convenience.

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
I left Pamplona with my 12 kgs backpack and arrived in Puente la Reina completely beat after the downhill. I arrived at the hostal and a lady came out and offered be a cerveza..on the house..she asked me whether I knew about the bag pack services…and for the next four days used their services until my body got used to walking. Walked all the way to Santiago without Jacotrans.

In 2018 one of the friend's I walked with needed pack transport on the Via Podiensis part of way. She would stuff her very expensive 2nd pair of shoes for plantar fasciitis, one in each of the water bottle holders on her pack.
Screenshot_20241018-042623~2.webp
Everything seemed to go well until days later when we arrived at the next gite she discovered one shoe was missing. She was naturally very bummed out. The next morning when we left the gite my other friend happened to notice the shoe next to the curb on the side of the rather busy road. What a happy shoe reunion it was for all of us!
I'm telling this story with its good ending to make sure if pack transport is used that every item is fully enclosed inside. Her method worked...until it didn't.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I'm telling this story with its good ending to make sure if pack transport is used that every item is fully enclosed inside. Her method worked...until it didn't.
Yes because the side pockets are "water bottle holders" not "very expensive pair of shoes for plantar fasciitis holders"
They still have to invent those
🤣😊

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum

Just Received a notification from United Airlines about the new routes I guess to the Membership interest may be Bilbao and Faro?
I am going to be spending the night near the Madrid airport and I'm wondering if it is possible / reasonable to walk from the airport to my accommodations. It's not far, but I am specifically...
Jacotrans made our 713km French Camino (started at Pamplona) so much more comfortable. They were very reliable and our gear always arrived in the same condition that we dropped it off...
Hi,I am arriving in Pamplona on Oct 20,Anyone know if the bus is still running to SJPDP?Cant seem to find any online?thanks,John
Hi there, I’m currently on the Camino. After I arrive in Santiago I still have a few weeks travel. I’d like to post my backpack, hiking poles and some other bits & pieces home to Australia. Do I...
I need to storage extra bags for 3 weeks in Madrid. I am flying from Madrid airport to Lisbon. Are there lockers in the Madrid airport? Are some other locations?

Featured threads

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Featured threads

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back