• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

It was my birthday last week . . . and look what my daughter gave me!

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
A "Tourigrino" trip once Covid has passed, so 2023
I don't know if you've come across this already but it is basically a watercolour travel journal along the Camino Frances by an artist called Joaquin Gonzalez Dorao.
Every page brings to mind a day on the Camino in a way that photos, even ones showing friends and fellow pilgrims, don't quite match.
There are some sights missing - Puenta la Reina but no picture of the bridge? But otherwise each turn of the page is a delight. There's even a double page at the end with recommendations on the "Equipo del Perigrino como Dibujante" (Though no mention of rice cookers or heating coils)

Now the reveal . . . .

cover.jpg Burgos.jpg

Fromista.jpg Rabanal.jpg

a day in the life.jpg endpaper.jpg

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
I don't know if you've come across this already but it is basically a watercolour travel journal along the Camino Frances by an artist called Joaquin Gonzalez Dorao.
Every page brings to mind a day on the Camino in a way that photos, even ones showing friends and fellow pilgrims, don't quite match.
There are some sights missing - Puenta la Reina but no picture of the bridge? But otherwise each turn of the page is a delight. There's even a double page at the end with recommendations on the "Equipo del Perigrino como Dibujante" (Though no mention of rice cookers or heating coils)

Now the reveal . . . .

View attachment 178092 View attachment 178093

View attachment 178094 View attachment 178095

View attachment 178096 View attachment 178097

Wow this is beautiful did you purchase form the US? If so where can I do so?

Join Camino Cleanup: Logroño to Burgos May 2025 and Astorga to O'Cebreiro in June.

Now the reveal . . . .

View attachment 178092 View attachment 178093

View attachment 178094 View attachment 178095

View attachment 178096 View attachment 178097
Tried to get delivery to Ireland no go.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Looks like you can purchase it here in Galician:

Yes, my copy is in Galician. I'm talking to Katherine this evening, I'll ask how she managed to get hold of it. I first spotted it a couple of years ago but couldn't buy it as they didn't ship to the UK.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thank you for this. It's hard to believe he not only walked the Frances but also took the time to sketch and colour in his drawings while on the way - and with such detail too!
The map isn't in the book but there is a beautiful view of the cathedral at Santiago from the Concello side of the square.

Thank you for this. It's hard to believe he not only walked the Frances but also took the time to sketch and colour in his drawings while on the way - and with such detail too!
The map isn't in the book but there is a beautiful view of the cathedral at Santiago from the Concello side of the square.
He has painted so many beautiful journals of his trips all over the world but sadly a lot are out of print but he is on YouTube so I sent him a message letting him know many people would love to buy his journal!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
What a daughter!
Oh you don't know the half of it. Apparently she spent the best part of a month tracking down the site she bought it from down. Amazon struck out in several countries as did Abe Books (her default "go to" for foreign book purchases) and then she stumbled on this site which, as I type, has just two copies in stock!

popularlibros.com

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I’m just wondering if there are any apps to let you know the whereabouts of the washer/Dryers laundry room on the Camino Frances ? We are starting from Burgos where we left of last year ! By...
This is from Greek Travel Pages but ruling should apply to Spain and give pilgrims a better deal when booking accommodation court ruling
Hi Everyone, Grateful for this community as my wife and I are planning our first Camino after 13 years of longing to go! We will be walking in mid-May to mid-June and I have a few questions...
Or not! Just for fun, anyone want to guess what this is, and why it's on the ground in a camino city? P.S. If you already know the answer, maybe give a hint or two but not spoilers!
NOTICE. I think as you will see in the following thread, AI is NOT the best Camino Planning Tool! I've been playing around with AI at work (ChatGPT and CoPilot) and use it sometimes for...
What type of food/quality can be expected on the Camino? What do the locals eat in this region? Is it eating at the Alberges for breakfast & dinner & then eating at restaurants for lunch along...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.