• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 74,075 Camino Questions

illustrated diary of the Camino Francés

pressnupu

Time of past OR future Camino
May 2022
Hello again!
I just published The Camino Francés: My Illustrated Camino Diary 2. I walked the Francés for the second time (and went on to Muxía and Fisterra) in the summer of 2023 and drew/painted and wrote this sketchbook diary every day of my walk.

I’m sharing some pages here if anyone is interested to see more!

It’s available worldwide as paperback and ebook on Amazon. More info here if you're interested. Here’s a short video of my Camino walk, if you like.

Thank you to everyone in this community once again for the support, advice and wisdom as always. It helped me tremendously both times. My first time, I needed help with EVERYTHING. This time, I was especially grateful for everyone's thoughts on the question of walking first to Muxía or Fisterra... (I chose Muxía first then walked on to Fisterra.)

I can't wait to do it again. Hopefully from Lisbon/Porto next time.

Thanks everyone!
Nupu (Press)

p.s. The brief history was not written while I was on the Camino :) The rest of the pages were.

brief history.webpJanet ultreia.webpLele prawns.webpnuns amazing grace.webpMoratinos.webpCasa Susi.webpgratitude.webp

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Your artistic ability is absolutely wonderful! You have cleverly incorporated the people you connected with along the way; a very nice addition.
I also viewed the video and it happily reminded me of moments on my Camino Frances from several years ago.
Well done and I hope your efforts are a success.

Hello again!
I just published The Camino Francés: My Illustrated Camino Diary 2. I walked the Francés for the second time (and went on to Muxía and Fisterra) in the summer of 2023 and drew/painted and wrote this sketchbook diary every day of my walk.

I’m sharing some pages here if anyone is interested to see more!

It’s available worldwide as paperback and ebook on Amazon. More info here if you're interested. Here’s a short video of my Camino walk, if you like.

Thank you to everyone in this community once again for the support, advice and wisdom as always. It helped me tremendously both times. My first time, I needed help with EVERYTHING. This time, I was especially grateful for everyone's thoughts on the question of walking first to Muxía or Fisterra... (I chose Muxía first then walked on to Fisterra.)

I can't wait to do it again. Hopefully from Lisbon/Porto next time.

Thanks everyone!
Nupu (Press)

p.s. The brief history was not written while I was on the Camino :) The rest of the pages were.

View attachment 179639
Charming, I'd love to be able to do watercolours - I envy your skills (in a nice way 😇 )

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Your artistic ability is absolutely wonderful! You have cleverly incorporated the people you connected with along the way; a very nice addition.
I also viewed the video and it happily reminded me of moments on my Camino Frances from several years ago.
Well done and I hope your efforts are a success.
Thank you so much, Chrissy! The people I met were definitely one of the highlights of the camino.

It’s good to be able to capture and preserve our experience of the camino in some way. Some do it in words, most do it in pictures these days, some in film etc etc. Yours pressmupu is a particular style, and interesting to see and compare with others I’ve seen. It stands on its own, of course. We each experience the camino in our own unique way and sharing that, being able to share it, is great. Well done. I wish you success.
You can now plan for your next one!

PS: Fully agree… it’s the people you meet that make it so special.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
As someone who has difficulty nailing two pieces of wood together, and who cannot even draw "stick" figures, my admiration for your talent, Nupu, is immense. Thank you for sharing your gifts with us.

It’s good to be able to capture and preserve our experience of the camino in some way. Some do it in words, most do it in pictures these days, some in film etc etc. Yours pressmupu is a particular style, and interesting to see and compare with others I’ve seen. It stands on its own, of course. We each experience the camino in our own unique way and sharing that, being able to share it, is great. Well done. I wish you success.
You can now plan for your next one!

PS: Fully agree… it’s the people you meet that make it so special.
That's so true. Both caminos, I had no intention of sharing my camino diaries with the outside world (I would have made some different artistic/art material choices if I had...) as it seemed so personal, and I couldn't imagine this being interesting to anyone else. I shared it on Instagram each day as I walked and a lot of people asked when they could get their copy of the book, so I changed my mind eventually. I've always enjoyed reading other people's accounts, so hope this is of entertainment/interest to others as well.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello again! I just published The Camino Francés: My Illustrated Camino Diary 2. I walked the Francés for the second time (and went on to Muxía and Fisterra) in the summer of 2023 and...

Featured threads

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Featured threads

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back