• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How to stay “logged in” on the forums

ELHS220

Time of past OR future Camino
Last: FRANCÉS-2023
How can I stay “logged in” on the forums? Even though I have checked the “stay logged in” box, I have to keep logging in in order to post or comment. Am I missing something here or what?

Attachments

• IMG_1217.jpeg
    IMG_1217.jpeg
    328.1 KB · Views: 711
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I don't know the answer, but will ask some questions that may or may not lead anywhere!

You showed the screenshot. I presume you then logged in successfully and used the forum. Then, you closed the forum window in your browser, and when you returned, you were not still logged in, right?

How do you access the forum in the first place? Do you bookmark it on your browser?

I wonder if it relates to your other computer settings that might log you out of sites.

I periodically have the same issue. I log in off my phone directly from one of the emails (I always leave one in my inbox for precisely this purpose). And yet occasionally for whatever reason the system has logged me out.

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
I don't know the answer, but will ask some questions that may or may not lead anywhere!

You showed the screenshot. I presume you then logged in successfully and used the forum. Then, you closed the forum window in your browser, and when you returned, you were not still logged in, right?

How do you access the forum in the first place? Do you bookmark it on your browser?

I wonder if it relates to your other computer settings that might log you out of sites.
Yes, I just logged in order to respond. I will leave and return.

How are you connecting to the forum - Bookmark on a browser? Phone or computer?

I log in off my phone directly from one of the emails (I always leave one in my inbox for precisely this purpose).
I never receive emails. I simply open the forum on a browser, go to the New Posts feed (or you might choose the Home page) and then bookmark this on my computer or Add to Home Screen on my phone. Whenever I want to look at the forum, I use the bookmark/link.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
How are you connecting to the forum - Bookmark on a browser? Phone or computer?

I never receive emails. I simply open the forum on a browser, go to the New Posts feed (or you might choose the Home page) and then bookmark this on my computer or Add to Home Screen on my phone. Whenever I want to look at the forum, I use the bookmark/link.
I usually just click on the daily summary from e-mail or the new threads that are in my e-mail during the day. I use my phone, not the computer.

So far, we have 3 participants in this discussion:
  • Two of them log into the forum through an email link. They both have occasional problems with getting signed out.
  • One of them (me) always uses a browser link to the URL. She does not have this problem.
I wonder if there is a clue there.

I usually just click on the daily summary from e-mail or the new threads that are in my e-mail during the day. I use my phone, not the computer.
Ah ha! I found a bookmark for the forum and when I click on it, I see that I am alteady logged in. So I guess that must be the trick.

My bookmarks list is completely random and disorganized. I should have things grouped but, sadly, they are not.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
My guess is that accessing through an email link on your phone involves more of the mysterious electron connections, detours, account identification and data sharing, that provide opportunities for the computer communications to go awry. That is my personal mental image of how these things work. Don't expect me to solve many such problems, though!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I'm guessing it may have something to do with your "cookie" settings. You should accept them at least for this site. You'll have to figure it out depending on your particular browser. Ask Google something like "how do I set cookies for (your browser) browser" Good luck.
B'man

I simply open the forum on a browser, go to the New Posts feed (or you might choose the Home page) and then bookmark this on my computer or Add to Home Screen on my phone. Whenever I want to look at the forum, I use the bookmark/link
That's how I do it too.

I use DuckDuckGo on my iPhone accessing the forum through a bookmark. Every few days I find I’m logged out. The same occurs on Chrome on my Chromebook. I have used the same bookmark for years. Mulling it over it seems that if I don’t log in for several days I’m logged out. This has occurred more often in the last month. I wonder if it is the forum server software to blame. Perhaps it logs out disconnected sessions based on some sort of internal constraint.

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I get a daily email alerting me to the most popular new posts. Plus a once a weekly one alerting me to the most read comments from the past week. I find that I do get logged out at various times, but the same thing happens with other regular Websites and Forums which I visit. It is not a problem to log back in and only takes 5 seconds at most.

Most read last week in this forum

It's easy to jump to a new post (when such a thing exists.) But how on Earth do you jump to the most recent post on your own thread? The jump to new button does not appear - I guess because...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.