Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Historic Hotel in Pamplona's Centro Histórico?

peregrina2000

Staff member
I'm helping a friend with limited mobility plan a "driving camino" trip. Her husband will drive. They prefer being in the historic center of places and very much like historic buildings.

The only place I find in Pamplona that meets those characteristics is the Perla, which is above their preferred budget. So, for those well-heeled, well-travelled peregrinos on the forum:

-- Are there other hotels in historic buildings in old town Pamplona that you know of?

--If you've stayed in La Perla, how would you rate the price/quality ratio?

They will probably spend three days here and given her mobility, it's more important to be in the centro histórico, but would be extra nice to be in a hotel in a historic building.

My choice for a non-historic hotel in the historic center is Hotel Catedral Prices are much lower than the Perla for their dates.

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Back is blank for engraving.
My choice for a non-historic hotel in the historic center is Hotel Catedral Prices are much lower than the Perla for their dates.

This would be my recommendation too. Maybe it even qualifies as historic, as it used to be an albergue. :)

It was in the older John Brierley editions. Here is the view from my top bunk in 2007. I last stopped there in 2012, shocked to find it a 4-star hotel. Beautiful place, and the lovely, helpful staff seemed to appreciate the place's old hospitalera roots.
Santiago 079.JPG

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
We stayed at the Hotel Catedral on a Friday night in early May this year and it was lovely. We contacted them directly and got a rate of 99 euros.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Last year I met up with some family that lived in Pamplona. They didn’t have the special car permit that let them in the centro histórico, so I had to walk a few blocks to meet them outside of the city limit. I don’t know if this makes a difference for someone with mobility issues, but it might be worth it to check!

Hotel Pampaelo isn't necessarily historic but it overlooks the City Hall Plaza!
Here's a view from my room last September. And it is way cheaper than Perla, which is beautiful, but pricey!

Attachments

• 20230908_195237.jpg
    20230908_195237.jpg
    613.5 KB · Views: 11
I'm helping a friend with limited mobility plan a "driving camino" trip. Her husband will drive. They prefer being in the historic center of places and very much like historic buildings.

The only place I find in Pamplona that meets those characteristics is the Perla, which is above their preferred budget. So, for those well-heeled, well-travelled peregrinos on the forum:

-- Are there other hotels in historic buildings in old town Pamplona that you know of?

--If you've stayed in La Perla, how would you rate the price/quality ratio?

They will probably spend three days here and given her mobility, it's more important to be in the centro histórico, but would be extra nice to be in a hotel in a historic building.

I stayed twice this year, on the way to saint jean and taking a day off on the the walk. Great hotel, great location. If you can it's worth the treat. Highly recommend .

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

I can’t believe I’m just starting my 4th week on the Camino! Frómista to Carrión de los Condes, 12.5 miles, 20.11 Km. A rather uneventful day, which I don’t mind after yesterday’s intense day...
Hello all, I'm planing a 10-14 day walk from SJPP to .. as far as I get. Will be walking a slower pace (about 8 miles) and plan to cross from SJPP to Roncevalles in 2 days. Once leaving...
Hi, I’ve walked four Caminos in the past and hope to do another in June next year, though my arthritis might have another opinion… We all walk our own Camino our own way… I’ve still got the...
It's almost there thankfully the big walk begins tomorrow, raining all day according to the forecast. Trying to get a few hours sleep tonight and a good breakfast in the morning. I've done all my...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.