• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Getting a taxi on the Norte

moriahsdavis

Time of past OR future Camino
Fall 2024
Hello, my mom and I are walking the Norte currently and she has developed plantar fasciitis. She can walk some, but would like to bus or taxi some each day. I plan to walk as much as I can. What is the best way to get a taxi when buses aren't available? I tried to call in a taxi in Llanes and the call wouldn't go through, so she just ended walking the last few miles and ended up in great pain. I do have a Spanish sim card. Do I still need to dial the country code? Is it possible to call a taxi if I don't speak spanish? Are taxis expensive? Any suggestions would be helpful!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Some larger places have Uber so worth checking. Otherwise ask at a cafe / bar is best.
You don’t need a country code if it is a Spanish sim.
If you do ring know where you are and where you are going. Not always easy knowing exactly where you are and describing it. Hence the cafe.

Parts of the Norte lack transit and taxi options. If she is in pain, it’s best to stop the pilgrimage and simply enjoy time together in beautiful Northern Spain. Beaches, great food, lovely wine - why ruin all that beauty with pain, taxis, stress, and the like? Sure it’s not the trip you imagined, but it’s now the trip that serves you both best.

As for taxis, it’s highly unlikely that the random taxi driver in a small Norte town will speak enough English to have a complicated telephone conversation with you. Ask at a bar, cafe, or your overnight accommodation.

Most read last week in this forum

Just heard on the news that Ryanair is no longer allowed to charge for hand luggage, and has to pay back people, but they didn't say for how long back. I also have no idea if it also applies to...
For our next Camino, we're spending a week in the UK prior. It's for a 50th reunion so we need to take some 'decent' clothes. Suit, shoes etc. The plan then, is to send all that stuff back home...
Planning to start again next year in Leon. What is the best way to get there from Dublin.
Hello. I’m trying to get my one way train ticket to Madrid from Santiago in late November. In your experience, what is the earliest one can purchase a ticket on Renfe or timeline ? Thanks. Frank
It looks like I can do a Camino 2 weeks in November. Planning, and think I will arrive late in the evening in Madrid. Does anyone have experience/recommandation with a (cheapish and ok)...
Anyone wanting to share a taxi to SJPDP on Thursday 19th around 16:00 ? Direct message me if interested.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back