• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Getting a taxi on the Norte

moriahsdavis

Time of past OR future Camino
Fall 2024
Hello, my mom and I are walking the Norte currently and she has developed plantar fasciitis. She can walk some, but would like to bus or taxi some each day. I plan to walk as much as I can. What is the best way to get a taxi when buses aren't available? I tried to call in a taxi in Llanes and the call wouldn't go through, so she just ended walking the last few miles and ended up in great pain. I do have a Spanish sim card. Do I still need to dial the country code? Is it possible to call a taxi if I don't speak spanish? Are taxis expensive? Any suggestions would be helpful!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Unfortunately I’ve become too ill to continue—I have a flight from Madrid on Sept 19. Can anyone suggest a safe and quiet hotel in Madrid for tonight and tomorrow? I’m so sad I can’t Go on. I’ll...
Just heard on the news that Ryanair is no longer allowed to charge for hand luggage, and has to pay back people, but they didn't say for how long back. I also have no idea if it also applies to...
For our next Camino, we're spending a week in the UK prior. It's for a 50th reunion so we need to take some 'decent' clothes. Suit, shoes etc. The plan then, is to send all that stuff back home...
Hey everyone, this is just a heads-up that I'll be heading to Camino in the first week of October. My flight from the US to Madrid will arrive at 7:20 p.m. The last trip to Sarria is at 8:23 p.m...
Planning to start again next year in Leon. What is the best way to get there from Dublin.
Hello. I’m trying to get my one way train ticket to Madrid from Santiago in late November. In your experience, what is the earliest one can purchase a ticket on Renfe or timeline ? Thanks. Frank

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back