• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino First Camino on the Camino Ingles

tylerhuang

Time of past OR future Camino
4/10/2024 - Camino Ingles
I’m studying in Madrid for the semester, and after a few weeks of research, I decided I want to try and complete the Camino Ingles in 4 days from Ferrol to avoid missing school while still walking over 100km.

To give a recap, I started the day at around 10am, getting my credentials in Ferrol and beginning the walk. For the first part, the walk was through the city and along the water. It was beautiful and I was in high spirits. As I walked, I made my way through Xubia as the sun began shining. It was relatively warm with a nice breeze from the water, and I took a break at a coffee shop after around 2 hours of walking. I then made my way through Neda and Fene, walking next to houses and farms, as well as through more hilly and tree covered regions. I got super lucky with the weather, although it appears this won’t keep up for the next few days. I continued walking for a total of around 5.5 hours. Finally, I arrived in Pontedeume with slightly sore feet but in high spirits. My first day was great overall, and I feel relatively well prepared for the 2 longer days at the end as I hope to complete the Camino in 4 days.

I would love any recommendations or advice people have, as I will be stopping in Betanzos, A Rua, and finally Santiago over the next 4 days. If there any cool stamps, good stops, etc., please let me know!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Are you staying here in A Rua?

Suggestion for wonderful food in Betanzos : O Pote

Church in Betanzos.

Are you staying here in A Rua?

Suggestion for wonderful food in Betanzos : O Pote

Church in Betanzos.
Yes, I’ll be in A Rua on Sunday night.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Casa Avelina is a must-stop bar about half an hour before Bruma. If you know, you know! Good luck. A four day Ingles is quite ambitious.

A four day Inglès is quite ambitious

Actually while I also only did the standard stages there are quite a few people that do it in four days (a handful in 3, although that's hard!)
The easiest way is just simply to push on to Poulo Rectoral Albergue at Ordes on day three. Makes it a relatively long day (34km) but very doable. The last 10 km is actually relatively pleasant. It pays to eat at Bruma before moving on, and to carry a few extra snacks.
If you haven't booked at Bruma and get caught out then a lot of people end up having to do this anyway (or taxi ahead) . Between 10 and 20 people a day were having to do this during Semana Santa last year, a friend of mine amongst them.
(I know it happened again in July too.)

A quick tip: the San Lorenzo albergue in Bruma has snack, drink (inc. Aquarius !) and coffee vending machines; the bar (just 50m or so further) is the only place to eat, kitchen closes at 20.00.

From Ordes it's just a 30 kilometer day into Santiago on day four, and it's far easier walking with plenty of services.

Last edited:
I’m studying in Madrid for the semester, and after a few weeks of research, I decided I want to try and complete the Camino Ingles in 4 days from Ferrol to avoid missing school while still walking over 100km.

To give a recap, I started the day at around 10am, getting my credentials in Ferrol and beginning the walk. For the first part, the walk was through the city and along the water. It was beautiful and I was in high spirits. As I walked, I made my way through Xubia as the sun began shining. It was relatively warm with a nice breeze from the water, and I took a break at a coffee shop after around 2 hours of walking. I then made my way through Neda and Fene, walking next to houses and farms, as well as through more hilly and tree covered regions. I got super lucky with the weather, although it appears this won’t keep up for the next few days. I continued walking for a total of around 5.5 hours. Finally, I arrived in Pontedeume with slightly sore feet but in high spirits. My first day was great overall, and I feel relatively well prepared for the 2 longer days at the end as I hope to complete the Camino in 4 days.

I would love any recommendations or advice people have, as I will be stopping in Betanzos, A Rua, and finally Santiago over the next 4 days. If there any cool stamps, good stops, etc., please let me know!
Meditate at least at one if not two of those places, part of the time.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thank you, this is super helpful. I was planning at stopping at Casa Donnamaria in A Rua tomorrow night, which split up the last 2 days into 30km each. Will definitely stop in Bruma as well!

I got in to Betanzos at around 3pm and feel pretty good. My shins hurt a little but for the most part, the walk was nice. The rain was rough at the start, and for the first hour or so I struggled a bit especially with the uphill climb. However, as the rain eased up, it was super nice and I was able to make a stop at Ultreia y Suseia. Given today was lighter, I made another stop in between Miño and Betanzos at another coffee shop.

Tomorrow will be probably the most difficult day, with around 30km to A Rua, around 7km past Bruma. I’m excited though and hoping the rain isn’t too bad. Another question I had was what the terrain looks like between Betanzos and SdC? Does it remain similar, with some dirt paths and mostly road walking between houses, or does it change in the second half? Thanks for the advice as well!

Help keep the Camino clean. Join us in 2025 for the Camino Cleanup Program & Retreat

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum

My friend and I walked the Camino Ingles in mid-Sept. We flew from Madrid to A Coruna, then took a bus to Ferrol, spending the night there before starting our long walk towards Santiago the next...
Hey, We left Bruma this morning in a foggy and misty morning. It stayed foggy and misty most of the morning. It didn't rain. We had a nice walk. There seemed to be more road walking but there...
I’m studying in Madrid for the semester, and after a few weeks of research, I decided I want to try and complete the Camino Ingles in 4 days from Ferrol to avoid missing school while still walking...
Hello, Yesterday, Paul and I walked from Betanzos to Bruma. We walk part of the Camino Real. Some of the paths were overgrown but it was beautiful. Here are some pictures.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back