• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino First Camino on the Camino Ingles

tylerhuang

Time of past OR future Camino
4/10/2024 - Camino Ingles
I’m studying in Madrid for the semester, and after a few weeks of research, I decided I want to try and complete the Camino Ingles in 4 days from Ferrol to avoid missing school while still walking over 100km.

To give a recap, I started the day at around 10am, getting my credentials in Ferrol and beginning the walk. For the first part, the walk was through the city and along the water. It was beautiful and I was in high spirits. As I walked, I made my way through Xubia as the sun began shining. It was relatively warm with a nice breeze from the water, and I took a break at a coffee shop after around 2 hours of walking. I then made my way through Neda and Fene, walking next to houses and farms, as well as through more hilly and tree covered regions. I got super lucky with the weather, although it appears this won’t keep up for the next few days. I continued walking for a total of around 5.5 hours. Finally, I arrived in Pontedeume with slightly sore feet but in high spirits. My first day was great overall, and I feel relatively well prepared for the 2 longer days at the end as I hope to complete the Camino in 4 days.

I would love any recommendations or advice people have, as I will be stopping in Betanzos, A Rua, and finally Santiago over the next 4 days. If there any cool stamps, good stops, etc., please let me know!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Are you staying here in A Rua?

Suggestion for wonderful food in Betanzos : O Pote

Church in Betanzos.

Are you staying here in A Rua?

Suggestion for wonderful food in Betanzos : O Pote

Church in Betanzos.
Yes, I’ll be in A Rua on Sunday night.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Casa Avelina is a must-stop bar about half an hour before Bruma. If you know, you know! Good luck. A four day Ingles is quite ambitious.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum

My friend and I walked the Camino Ingles in mid-Sept. We flew from Madrid to A Coruna, then took a bus to Ferrol, spending the night there before starting our long walk towards Santiago the next...
Hey, We left Bruma this morning in a foggy and misty morning. It stayed foggy and misty most of the morning. It didn't rain. We had a nice walk. There seemed to be more road walking but there...
Hello, Yesterday, Paul and I walked from Betanzos to Bruma. We walk part of the Camino Real. Some of the paths were overgrown but it was beautiful. Here are some pictures.
I’m studying in Madrid for the semester, and after a few weeks of research, I decided I want to try and complete the Camino Ingles in 4 days from Ferrol to avoid missing school while still walking...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back