• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ending in Baiona

auburnfive

Veteran Member
Hello,
My Camino this fall will end in Baiona. The plan is to travel by bus or train back to Porto and fly home from there. I’m thinking I will need to take a bus from Baiona to Vigo ( and then onto Porto). Has anyone taken a bus from Baiona? Where would the bus station be located? Thank you

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Yes I have lots of times. It's a good, reliable service with good frequency and relatively cheap and safe. There's isn't a Bus Station in Baiona just a bus stop where services start or terminate see https://maps.app.goo.gl/zx23d3GDuAuoYZR26 or you can catch the bus from near the Port see https://maps.app.goo.gl/d9hgF98qrMYt5YUY8 if you schroll down on Google Maps bus stop listing profile you can see the departure board which you click on so you can see bus service times in live time normally every 30 minutes and it takes about 1 hour to get to Vigo inter modal Station.

Yes I have lots of times. It's a good, reliable service with good frequency and relatively cheap and safe. There's isn't a Bus Station in Baiona just a bus stop where services start or terminate see https://maps.app.goo.gl/zx23d3GDuAuoYZR26 or you can catch the bus from near the Port see https://maps.app.goo.gl/d9hgF98qrMYt5YUY8 if you schroll down on Google Maps bus stop listing profile you can see the departure board which you click on so you can see bus service times in live time normally every 30 minutes and it takes about 1 hour to get to Vigo inter modal Station.
Hi Mark Francis Auchincloss, thank you for this information. I have been trying to figure out how to take a bus from A Guarda to Oia and then to Baiona with not much luck. It is a long walk for me, and I am trying to determine which is best for me, to take a bus from A Guarda to Oia, and walk to Baiona, or walk from A Guarda to Oia and then take the bus to Baiona. I have captured the ending stations in Baiona from your links above, thank you. I would appreciate if you have bus info and links to pick up buses in A Guarda, and if it is possible to stop in Oia and then pick up the bus to Baiona if necessary. Thanks in advance.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Just ask some one when you have walked up the hill and into A-Guarda. Most people friendly and helpful to grateful peregrinos. Or stand/sit at a bus stop on the road out of A-Guarda to Oia. The schedule is usually posted at the bus stop.

I've been passed by a local bus every 2-3 hours when walking that route one rainy day in February, 2020.

Hi Mark Francis Auchincloss, thank you for this information. I have been trying to figure out how to take a bus from A Guarda to Oia and then to Baiona with not much luck. It is a long walk for me, and I am trying to determine which is best for me, to take a bus from A Guarda to Oia, and walk to Baiona, or walk from A Guarda to Oia and then take the bus to Baiona. I have captured the ending stations in Baiona from your links above, thank you. I would appreciate if you have bus info and links to pick up buses in A Guarda, and if it is possible to stop in Oia and then pick up the bus to Baiona if necessary. Thanks in advance.
Thanks for asking. I'm afraid while the service from Baiona to Vigo is frequent, not many buses go on to A Guarda via Oia.. see timetable. The alternative if you don't catch the early bus is to take a taxi which isn't that expensive if you are going to walk half the stage which is about 30 km from A Guarda to Baiona.

Thanks, Walkalong for the advice.
Thanks, Mark Francis for the timetable. Yes, the length is 30 kms which is too much for me. I will be studying the timetable and see how it works. Thanks again!

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.

Most read last week in this forum

Well, I have some health issues and no room at the inn issues. My leg flaring up has really caused a problem. My husband and I are in Vila do Conde looking for a nice place to sleep tomorrow. I...
I’m looking for recommendations for camino memoirs specific to the Portuguese camino. Ideally, the coastal route but I’ll take what I can find. I read a plethora of memoirs from the French route...
Here is my photo video from the Camino Portugues, costal route. We chose almost every opportunity to go Litoral - right out on the coastline. Only the day between Esposende and Viana do Castelo we...
Walking Litoral from Porto beginning 25 Oct. Will places to stay be open? Thanks!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back