• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Ingles start and compostela

dcalonder12

Time of past OR future Camino
CF/CdN/Primitivo/Fisterre-Muxia 2023
In September 2024, my wife and I will be walking the Camino del Norte from Aviles to Ribadeo, then we're getting on the Camino/Ruta do Mar and eventually merging onto the Camino Ingles at/near Xubia. Do we need to go into Ferrol (or a Coruna) to qualify for a Camino Ingles compostela? We'd prefer not to have to go to Ferrol and then head back up/over to Xubia to continue our walk. Time will potentially be a problem for us. Thanks...and buen camino!

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
@dcalonder12 , there is no Camino Inglès Compostela, just a Compostela. Which you get for walking the last 100 kilometres of any recognized Camino, so long as you collect two stamps a day for the last 100 ks.
Whilst it is not a given, the office is more likely to simply look at your start Point, check that you've got 2 stamps per day for the last four to five days and that will be it. No need to detour into Ferrol.

The only thing which will be slightly ‘different’ is when you come to choose your route on the registration system before you get into pilgrim reception in Santiago.

Just pick whatever you want (I’d go Norte with start point Aviles) and sort it out at the desk. It’ll be fine.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Several years ago the pilgrim office told me that walking the Camino Ingles from Neda just qualified for a Compostela as it was 102km from there to Santiago. My route that time had joined the Ingles there. I had actually started walking from San Andres de Teixido but was told that would not be recorded as my starting point as it was not on a recognised Camino route.

Just a clarification for @dcalonder12: You probably know that in 2024 all pilgrims register their application for a Compostela on the Pilgrim Office's website (https://oficinadelperegrino.com/registro-individual/). You do this either on your own mobile phone or on terminals/screens in the Pilgrim Office.

I checked it just now. There is no issue. In the English language version you first pick "English Way". Then a dedicated list of starting points for the Camino Inglés is displayed as a drop down menu. This list includes Neda. Which means that in your case you don't need to go to Ferrol or A Coruña to qualify for a Compostela for having walked at least the last 100 km to Santiago on the Camino Inglés.

Buen Camino!
Neda as starting point for CI.jpg

PS: You can also follow the advice given in post #3 but this is only important or useful if you also wish to apply for a distance certificate where your starting point (Aviles) would be mentioned. On the Compostela itself, there is no mention of the chosen Way and your chosen starting point.

Last edited:
@dcalonder12 , there is no Camino Inglès Compostela, just a Compostela. Which you get for walking the last 100 kilometres of any recognized Camino, so long as you collect two stamps a day for the last 100 ks.
Whilst it is not a given, the office is more likely to simply look at your start Point, check that you've got 2 stamps per day for the last four to five days and that will be it. No need to detour into Ferrol.
Thanks. This is what I thought. 🙂

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Just a clarification for @dcalonder12: You probably know that in 2024 all pilgrims register their application for a Compostela on the Pilgrim Office's website (https://oficinadelperegrino.com/registro-individual/). You do this either on your own mobile phone or on terminals/screens in the Pilgrim Office.

I checked it just now. There is no issue. In the English language version you first pick "English Way". Then a dedicated list of starting points for the Camino Inglés is displayed as a drop down menu. This list includes Neda. Which means that in your case you don't need to go to Ferrol or A Coruña to qualify for a Compostela for having walked at least the last 100 km to Santiago on the Camino Inglés.

Buen Camino!
View attachment 174878

PS: You can also follow the advice given in post #3 but this is only important or useful if you also wish to apply for a distance certificate where your starting point (Aviles) would be mentioned. On the Compostela itself, there is no mention of the chosen Way and your chosen starting point.
So helpful. Thank you!

Most read last week in this forum

Just finished walking Ingles from Ferrol with my Wife. We did it in 5 days and arrived in Santiago on September 5th. FANTASTIC experience. I look forward to doing this route again someday. We...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back