• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino forum's new software update

Time of past OR future Camino
Recent:Norte/Muxia- Spring '23
MadridWay- Fall '23
I have been posting some long-ish entries on my daily "Live on the Camino" thread for the Ingles route I am now walking.

I have noticed for the last couple of days that if I want to preview what I've wrote, or possibly make a few changes, or insert additional text somewhere, that I am unable to take a look at the whole post before deciding to "send" from my phone. It seems to be stuck showing only a few lines of my text and has never done this before and is frustrating.

Has anyone else experienced this? It seems to possibly be a glitch in the software and if so, I hope it can be rectified, as it is annoying to deal with.

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I have been posting some long-ish entries on my daily "Live on the Camino" thread for the Ingles route I am now walking.

I have noticed for the last couple of days that if I want to preview what I've wrote, or possibly make a few changes, or insert additional text somewhere, that I am unable to take a look at the whole post before deciding to "send" from my phone. It seems to be stuck showing only a few lines of my text and has never done this before and is frustrating.

Has anyone else experienced this? It seems to possibly be a glitch in the software and if so, I hope it can be rectified, as it is annoying to deal with.
Just read this so I am trying to see what happens when using a computer and dropping the smile right down a page. :-)
It works but there is no scroll bar in the preview pane only on the main page. Was it like that before? Does this help @Camino Chrissy ?

Just read this so I am trying to see what happens when using a computer and dropping the smile right down a page. :-)
It works but there is no scroll bar in the preview pane only on the main page. Was it like that before? Does this help @Camino Chrissy ?
Well, I never use a computer to post on the forum, whether at home or away, so I don't think this will help, but thank you for trying.

I hope Ivar or one of our computer techie wizards can find something out and reply. It has only happened to me in the last few days, so possibly am wrongly assuming it is related to the forum upgrades.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Well, I never use a computer to post on the forum, whether at home or away, so I don't think this will help, but thank you for trying.
Are you using the website or the app?
I hope Ivar or one of our computer techie wizards can find something out and reply. It has only happened to me in the last few days, so possibly am wrongly assuming it is related to the forum upgrades.
It seems that the other problems that we have been having since the update have been resolved. Is this problem still occurring for you today?

Are you using the website or the app?

It seems that the other problems that we have been having since the update have been resolved. Is this problem still occurring for you today?
I only use the website and am always permanently logged in.
Yes, it happened this morning again. I will restart my phone and will be posting tonight. I'll see if it happens again and let you know, either way. Thanks @trecile for replying.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I did a test run this morning in the sand box with many paragraphs of text, more than Chris posts on her Live updates. I had no problems scrolling and editing both before and after posting to the sand box thread.
Rick I was hoping you would chime in.
I'll see how it goes for me tonight...

I’ve also got the vague feeling that ‘something’s changed’ - but a new pair of trousers can do that.

A micro example - and maybe it was always thus - but if I look at ‘new posts’ they’re not always in strict date and time order - but now that I go to take a screenshot everything’s sorted itself out. This may pass the evening in Bilbao quite quickly as I randomly stab at my phone to catch it in the act.

The ‘unread’ button had disappeared, but has returned. Perhaps the drive-band slipped off the knurdle gear?

When you click on your personal content your own pm's also appear.
When you click on the name of a forummember with whom you also pm with these pm's are also viewable.
I tested it with clicking on the name of a member with whom I do not have pm's with and luckily no pm's appear that this member does with others.
If that makes sense?

A weird algorythm though and I might think again of using the pm function. Maybe time to use emails or Whatsapp / Signal in the future.

Help keep the Camino clean. Join us in 2025 for the Camino Cleanup Program & Retreat
When you click on the name of a forummember with whom you also pm with these pm's are also viewable.
I tested it with clicking on the name of a member with whom I do not have pm's with and luckily no pm's appear that this member does with others.
If that makes sense?

A weird algorythm though and I might think again of using the pm function. Maybe time to use emails or Whatsapp / Signal in the future.

It’s not the case on here, but in general nothing’s ‘private’ to the database administrator.

I’m 100% certain that PM’s here are P, but I’m also seeing what you’re seeing.

If that makes sense?

I question Ivar on this yesterday, this was his response:

"Your own PMs are now also searchable in this new version of the software..."

A side note, it wouldn't let me quote this (despite saying it had added it to the quotes), hence why I have copied and pasted.

And before anyone asks I do not access the forum via my computer only ever on my phone, I do not use the app, and I am permanently logged in. Well, unless it kicks me out - which it does periodically.

Rick I was hoping you would chime in.
I'll see how it goes for me tonight...
Well, I "think" I may have figured out my problem. There is a "preview" button when we are typing a post and I happened to try clicking on it (my first time ever🙄). My whole post showed up. When I clicked off of it, then I was able to scroll back and forth once again to double check my post before sending it. I'll see if it stays corrected. It may not be a software problem at all.

Private rooms, daily bag transfers, 24/7 support, & more. Save now during our sale!
Well, I "think" I may have figured out my problem. There is a "preview" button when we are typing a post and I happened to try clicking on it (my first time ever🙄). My whole post showed up. When I clicked off of it, then I was able to scroll back and forth once again to double check my post before sending it. I'll see if it stays corrected. It may not be a software problem at all.
There is?? Where?

Private rooms, daily bag transfers, 24/7 support, & more. Save now during our sale!
It is a "page preview" button and is located in the upper right hand corner and shows up when you reply to a post. I never paid attention to it before.
Well that had me puzzled, but I've found it now - many thanks!
I've previously suffered the same issue that you had and had always had to go out of the thread and back into it again in order to go any further. (Always thought it was a problem with my old phone. A tech expert I am not!).

Luckily we exchanged those details years ago and indeed most people I already met in real life.

You are indeed lucky, at the moment I can but wish!
I have been fortunate to be gifted the personal contact details for a few forum members to date; sadly I have yet to knowingly meet any forum members in person.

It is a "page preview" button and is located in the upper right hand corner and shows up when you reply to a post. I never paid attention to it before.
I often use that button (the magnifying glass over the page one) but sometimes I hit it accidentally and then get confused for a bit. The triple dot button next to it leads folks astray too.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings! I was on my way, striding down the French Road, not so long ago. My attention turned to the litter, the garbage, that is scattered along the edge of the path, or bordering the...
When the Santiago pilgrim office opened this morning the running total of Compostelas issued for this year stood at 445,807. Today they handed out another 1,897. Making the new total for the year...
This was a rather last minute arrangement. About 3 weeks ago I saw a window in my life to get some time to myself and booked a flight to Lisbon from Christchurch New Zealand. I'm spending 36 days...
I have tried three companies now online, October 25th to October 31st are my travel dates between sarria and santiago de compostela - noone of the companies are offering luggage transfer on my...
Are bed bugs a problem in the winter months? I’ve had a few run-ins with bed bugs at rentals. They are the most disgusting, invasive, awful things in the world. Thanks in advance
The results are in from the annual autumn questionnaire I send to all the albergues, and they are not as radical as they were last year. Prices have increased, but not as frequently as they did...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back