• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anything you want for Camino but it doesn't seem to have been invented?

David

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
First one in 2005 from Moissac, France.
Hi all ... slow Sunday .. rambling idle thoughts .. Camino - is there anything you would want, or wanted, that doesn't seem to have been invented yet? Or you couldn't find one?

I can think of ...

A 100% waterproof hat like a sailors' yellow south-wester with a good peak but extended with a cowl all the way round so that it drapes like a short cape - to stop that water running down the neck! (which seems to happen whatever you do).

An app on my phone maps that can smell real coffee up to 1km away ...

Non-rustling black bags

Ear plugs with noise-cancelling ability tuned to snoring

Just wondering 🤔🤔

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I would love if someone created a backpack with zippers made from completely silent materials. Nothing wakes me up faster than people packing up at 5am.

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
Helium backpacks - Never have sore shoulders again! Please tie your pack to something when you remove it.

Wonder Socks! - These socks will instantly make your feet cool and comfortable. Removes fatigue. Guaranteed to prevent blisters.

And because there have been a few conversations about food lately Gourmet on the Go - send your location to us with our app and within 10 minutes a full meal will be delivered by drone to you! Nutritionally complete! Delicious! Restricted diet friendly! Simply input your preferences, dietary requirements and restrictions and we will look after the rest! Craving Sweet Potato Curry? No problem! Need Creme Brulee now? It's on its way! Extensive wine list available.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Phone charger alert minder: if you are leaving the albergue, this device will alert you that you've left your charging cable or an upgraded version also alerts you if you've left your plug adapter. Order now and also get the all around sock, towel, hat, toiletries, and credential/passport minder absolutely free which alerts you when you've left anything out of your pack before you've walked out the door.

Phone charger alert minder: if you are leaving the albergue, this device will alert you that you've left your charging cable or an upgraded version also alerts you if you've left your plug adapter. Order now and also get the all around sock, towel, hat, toiletries, and credential/passport minder absolutely free which alerts you when you've left anything out of your pack before you've walked out the door.
You could attach an Air Tag, or a similar device, to your charger (by default plugged into your cable). It cna be programmed to alert you if you get out of range. That should be only 30 - 40 feet away.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Grams accurate portable scale? weigh pack going in and leaving next day?

On the same theme. A portable replicator.

I had a mobile replicator once, well, more of a 3D printer really. Was some decades ago so manual, sort of an early plug and play. But I gave up on it - it printed babies but took nine months to do it and then I had to wait about a year before I could get it warmed up again to print another .... was very expensive to run too.

This is a joke. My wife produced two beautiful children, beautiful, though she was slow, each one did take 9 months.

Last edited:
Odor cancellers in the doorways of albergues that automatically spray on anyone crossing the threshold who needs it...whether or not they *think* they do.

On the subject of replicators....Occasionally at work, a senior openly wonders if we can get a product faster if we give the developer more money and people.

Having had 2 sons myself, I'm one of the few that can get away with saying, "Sir, even if we get 9 women pregnant at once, we're not going to get a baby in one month. No. "

I can be evil like that, sometimes....

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I want to be able to tap on the name of a town on Gronze or one of the Camino apps and hear the correct pronunciation. I do know how to sound out and pronounce Spanish words, but they usually sound different to me when a local says them, which is much faster than when I speak Spanish.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum

The first step is to take inventory of your belongings. You may already have some of these items at home. Remember these helpful tips to avoid common pains. Waterproof: Waterproof Shoes...
I am searching for a new trail shoe this year. I have walked the Frances for two years in Hoka Speed Goat 5s. The toe box is too narrow for my foot, and I get blisters on my pinky toes. My shoe...
Hi everyone, I'm planing to do the Camino from October 31st - November 10th. Here's my packing list that I have put together. Backpack 36 - 40 Liter with Cover Trail Shoes (2 pairs) was...
Hi all ... slow Sunday .. rambling idle thoughts .. Camino - is there anything you would want, or wanted, that doesn't seem to have been invented yet? Or you couldn't find one? I can think of ...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back