• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Another footwear question

Gilson

Time of past OR future Camino
April 2023
Planning my next camino from Lisbon including senda lit. and coastal. I completed the Frances from SJPP in trail runners. For those of you who have walked the new route from Lisbon: Do you recommend I use trail runners, again? Or opt for a more traditional running shoe for the pavement and walkways?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Planning my next camino from Lisbon including senda lit. and coastal. I completed the Frances from SJPP in trail runners. For those of you who have walked the new route from Lisbon: Do you recommend I use trail runners, again? Or opt for a more traditional running shoe for the pavement and walkways?
I wore Salomon speed cross shoes which I loved until the soles wore out at SJPDP. The gear store there suggested that they wore out because they were meant for trails not asphalt, and he put me in a pair of Salomon Outpulse shoes which 'are made for walking '.. very comfortable, time will tell.

Hello fellow pilgrim,

small parts do cross forests, so trailrunners would suit the changing grounds best. Most parts are pavement, some gravel, some beaches (lovely!), some forest paths.

The softer the cushioning of the shoes are, the better!

Have fun, turn around from time to time and

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hello fellow pilgrim,

small parts do cross forests, so trailrunners would suit the changing grounds best. Most parts are pavement, some gravel, some beaches (lovely!), some forest paths.

The softer the cushioning of the shoes are, the better!

Have fun, turn around from time to time and
Most trail runners have no cushioning under the balls of the feet. I seek out cushioned supportive shoes. I also buy 2 pairs of shoes made by different companies and alternate the shoes figuring each type of shoe stresses my feet differently. It then becomes clear which pair I should use for the beg walk. I've used just about all the different brands. What I find as I age my feet's needs changes also. What worked at age 60 doesn't work at age 76. Then factor in that shoes degrade after about 400 miles.

Think cobble stone and soft sole shoes.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
You will be walking on cobbled paths and roads virtually every day for at least the first three weeks.
I wore lightweight walking boots with cushioned insoles but a couple of days south of Porto I developed a blister under my forefoot.
I stayed at the nursing home the night before Porto with 7 other people and they were all wearing some sort of trainer/walking shoes and we all had a blister in the same place.
Whatever shoes you decide on, make sure they have enough padding for the cobblestones. At first I thought the talk about cobbles was over hyped but I was wrong!
It's a great route and I'm sure you'll love it.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back