Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergues

Raindrop

Time of past OR future Camino
Future
So I’ve been doing alot of research on the VDLP. A long long walk :) My friends friend finished the VDLP on March 28 of this year and stayed about 12 kms from Santiago. Is that a good distance or would a little farther still get you in at a good time. I’ll have a couple days there so it probably would be ok. Thoughts?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
On the days that I’ve arrived into Santiago, I liked making it a relatively short walking day so as to 1) easily make it to the morning Pilgrim’s Mass, and 2) have plenty of time to take care of any business (i.e., visiting the Pilgrim’s Office, checking into accommodations, etc.) before just relaxing and enjoying the city. Enjoy your couple days there!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
So I’ve been doing alot of research on the VDLP. A long long walk :) My friends friend finished the VDLP on March 28 of this year and stayed about 12 kms from Santiago. Is that a good distance or would a little farther still get you in at a good time. I’ll have a couple days there so it probably would be ok. Thoughts?
That’s a great idea @Raindrop
There is a wonderful place / albergue Reina Lupa which is approximately 12klm from Santiago. Friendly owners too - they also have the bar next door where you can get meals or drinks etc.
The link to Gronze is here

Like you said ., being closer, you wont then have an exhausting final day coming into Santiago and you’ll have time to relax and get yourself sorted.

Buen camino

Last edited:
That’s a great idea @Raindrop
There is a wonderful place / albergue Reina Lupa which is approximately 12klm from Santiago. Friendly owners too - they also have the bar next door where you can get meals or drinks etc.
The link to Gronze is here

Like you said ., being closer, you wont then have an exhausting final day coming into Santiago and you’ll have time to relax and get yourself sorted.

Buen camino
Quality Albergue. I stayed there at the back end of last year. Nice walk in to SDC from there.

Most read last week in this forum

This afternoon I arrived in Zamora 🇪🇸 to start the Vía de la Plata/Sanabrés to Santiago de Compostela. This will be a test for my new hip which I received in March🚶🏼‍♀️👟 🎒. I've walked this...
My first Camino is due at the end of August, an old dream comes true. I'm retired, I have time already. For a long while I insisted going to the CF. As I learned more - especially on this forum...
So I’ve been doing alot of research on the VDLP. A long long walk :) My friends friend finished the VDLP on March 28 of this year and stayed about 12 kms from Santiago. Is that a good distance or...
Hi everyone! I may have the opportunity to go on Camino on the last week of January 2025 and seriously considering the Sanabres. I've read many posts and researched about the weather. Still, does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back