This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Albergues

Raindrop

Time of past OR future Camino
Future
So I’ve been doing alot of research on the VDLP. A long long walk My friends friend finished the VDLP on March 28 of this year and stayed about 12 kms from Santiago. Is that a good distance or would a little farther still get you in at a good time. I’ll have a couple days there so it probably would be ok. Thoughts?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
On the days that I’ve arrived into Santiago, I liked making it a relatively short walking day so as to 1) easily make it to the morning Pilgrim’s Mass, and 2) have plenty of time to take care of any business (i.e., visiting the Pilgrim’s Office, checking into accommodations, etc.) before just relaxing and enjoying the city. Enjoy your couple days there!

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
That’s a great idea @Raindrop
There is a wonderful place / albergue Reina Lupa which is approximately 12klm from Santiago. Friendly owners too - they also have the bar next door where you can get meals or drinks etc.
The link to Gronze is here

Like you said ., being closer, you wont then have an exhausting final day coming into Santiago and you’ll have time to relax and get yourself sorted.

Buen camino

Last edited:
Quality Albergue. I stayed there at the back end of last year. Nice walk in to SDC from there.

Most read last week in this forum